Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,142 comments
At least, don't say "completely ridiculous theory". I hope you've understood.

And that's why I put some others examples more close to the pcars3 example.

The ridiculous part of the theory is that the game becomes more arcade when you drive harder or badly. Its a false theory when the physics are the same regardless of situation.

The ridiculous part of the theory is that the game becomes more arcade when you drive harder or badly. Its a false theory when the physics are the same regardless of situation.

Smoothing input effect is not the same regardless of the situation as I explained before.

Ah, Renaultsport models, takes me back to doing the product launch training for the early models.

Did you just attempt to compare the suspension movement of a road car to that of a touring car?

Do you seriously not see the issue with that at all?

They are some of the best in the business arent they? :D

20200801_102549.jpg

Do you seriously not see the other examples ? LOL
Ah avoidance, good to see that’s back.

The other examples, you mean to ones that compare totally different camera angles?

Yep, saw them, now actually compare apples to apples, you think that chase cam and a trackside camera comparison is going to allow a valid comparison? Not that it will change your use of an utterly invalid and absurd comparison.

They are some of the best in the business arent they? :D

View attachment 955384
RS Twingo, nice, I’ve had a lot of fun in those.

Smoothing input effect is not the same regardless of the situation as I explained before.

Indeed. The more input the more smoothing, thats not altering the physics. I wonder what part of the game is helping you do smooth 'sim like driving'?

Last edited:
Ah avoidance, good to see that’s back.

The other examples, you mean to ones that compare totally different camera angles?

Yep, saw them, now actually compare apples to apples. Not that it will change your use of an utterly invalid and absurd comparison.

How can you be so tedious ? LOL My examples are clear enough for someone who is not rigid as you, I will not make a test myself with a real BTCC A-Class in the same exact conditions in order to please you.

You can get a better idea of bumps and real physics with more than one video.
BTCC compared to BTCC is apples to apples comparison. You claim "utterly invalid and absurd" when you disagree... maybe you should change that.

Indeed. The more input the smoothing, thays not altering the physics. I wonder what part of the game is helping you do smooth 'sim like driving'?

That alteres the physics regarding the wrong inputs because that modifies the handling.
The smooth is not bigger with bigger inputs but with bigger mistakes and with big corrections.

If you drive clean and smooth enough the input smoothing has nothing to smooth even in a hairpin.

Last edited:
How can you be so tedious ? LOL My examples are clear enough for someone who is not rigid as you, I will not make a test myself with a real BTCC A-Class in the same exact conditions in order to please you.

You can get a better idea of bumps and real physics with more than one video.
BTCC compared to BTCC is apples to apples comparison.

That alteres the physics regarding the wrong inputs because that modifies the handling.
The smooth is not bigger with bigger inputs but with bigger mistakes and with big corrections.

If you drive clean and smooth enough the input smoothing has nothing to smooth even in a hairpin.

It does because its always there, a controller input has no bearing on the physics of the game. ACC has all of these options present, the physics do not alter when you increase the filtering or speed sensitivity. Its present under braking, acceleration, steering. It doesnt matte how smooth you think you are, the input smoothing, controller dampening, speed sensitivity, they are all playing a part, whether you choose to accept that or not, I dont particularly care, however, the fact remains that they are all present and are always having an affect.

It does because its always there, a controller input has no bearing on the physics of the game. ACC has all of these options present, the physics do not alter when you increase the filtering or speed sensitivity. Its present under braking, acceleration, steering. It doesnt matte how smooth you think you are, the input smoothing, controller dampening, speed sensitivity, they are all playing a part, whether you choose to accept that or not, I dont particularly care, however, the fact remains that they are all present and are always having an affect.

When you make an accurate and clean input there's "nothing" to be smoothed.
When you make big mistakes and big corrections, it's when input smoothing have more deviations to smooth.
It's as simple as that.

When you make an accurate and clean input there's "nothing" to be smoothed.
When you make big mistakes and big corrections, it's when input smoothing have more deviations to smooth.
It's as simple as that.

The game is helping you make the accurate and clean input through the smoothing effects and damping that can't be turned off.

Why you keep telling him the same thing again and again if you already have seen he doesn't know how it works in simulators. He probably never ever been in any of controller set up menu or even car set up menu.

My perception is that when driving in PC3 you have this invisible help. I'm pulling so much unintentional drifts like a pro. When you push the car to the limit you can fell how generous the help is. Sometimes it feel like you have training wheels attached. And I'm driving without any aid. So, is it bad? Hell no.
I like it because it makes races a lot cleaner? Competitive perhaps.. Definitely less frustrating and so more enjoyable. But I'm afraid on a long run it will get boring to me. Unless the online will survive past the first months. Because I just love racing online. It's so nice to experience good clean racing. After 2 years dealing with Forzas ramming it's just... pure satisfaction. I just hope the PC community won't migrate to some other (more challenging?) racers. That would be a shame.
Meanwhile I'm starting to really like this Drum and Bass or whatever the menu music is. This is my favorite.

Why you keep telling him the same thing again and again if you already have seen he doesn't know how it works in simulators. He probably never ever been in any of controller set up menu or even car set up menu.

I know very well how input smoothing works, thank you. I don't make that kind of assumptions when I disagree with someone. But here there is some people who are used to do it everytime they disagree.

Last edited:
Ah, back to the insults I see.

You made the claim, you support the claim.

Odd that you’re an expert on it now, given that a few days ago I had to explain it to you?

You are god, your opinion is always right even when you make mistakes and when you don't see other examples. The rest is "utterly invalid and absurd" :) ... and, if not, you can extrapolate and change words in order to be "utterly invalid and absurd" :)

If you explained to me I'd be always right in your rigid thinking. (you assumed I didn't know it, as you assume everything, you are the one who knows everything, you are such a legend lol )

The examples given are clear enough, even Magpieracer agreed "I didn't say pCars 3 doesn't exaggerate." so we can conclure that he agrees that pcars3 exagerates that.

Last edited:
You are god, your opinion is always right even when you make mistakes and when you don't see other examples. The rest is "utterly invalid and absurd" :) ... and, if not, you can extrapolate and change words in order to be "utterly invalid and absurd" :)

If you explained to me I'd be always right in your rigid thinking. (you assumed I didn't know it, as you assume everything, you are the one who knows everything, you are such a legend lol )
Poor attempts at sarcasm don’t change facts

Facts are those videos
Which do not show like for like comparisons (not speculation, they don’t) and given how particular you were about my videos, I would expect better from you. Or do those standards only apply to others?

and input smoothing definition and application.
Which you literally did not know about only a few days ago, a fact the link you just quoted proves, yet know you lecture others on it!

Which do not show like for like comparisons (not speculation, they don’t) and given how particular you were about my videos, I would expect better from you. Or do those standards only apply to others?

Which you literally did not know about only a few days ago, a fact the link you just quoted proves, yet know you lecture others on it!

BTCC vs BTCC in the same track is like for like.
I wasn't particular about your videos, I was very objective.

You have no limit in presumptuousness haha you know what I know and what I don't know, amazing power. :)

BTCC vs BTCC in the same track is like for like.
I wasn't particular about your videos, I was very objective.

You have no limit in presumptuousness haha
No, you presume that the laps shown in the video are the only ones driven, an inaccurate presumption.

You assume that a camera locked to a car on a chase cam will show movement in the same way a static trackside camera will (it will not).

You presume that repeatedly insulting people is acceptable, and you presume that distraction is an effective tactic, it’s not.

Skip to the 2.20 mark, but I assume he’s wrong as well.

No, you presume that the laps shown in the video are the only ones driven, an inaccurate presumption.

You assume that a camera locked to a car on a chase cam will show movement in the same way a static trackside camera will (it will not).

You presume that repeatedly insulting people is acceptable, and you presume that distraction is an effective tactic, it’s not.

You assume too much because of rigid thinking.
Tedious (after repeating many times utterly invalid and absurd) is not an insult, it can be an insult only for someone very sensitive.
I can accept to be called tedious after repeating something, I don't take it as an insult.

For other people my examples are enough to show an idea, if not for you I don't care, because you are repetitive in asking for demontrations about everything and extrapolating with bad logic.

How can I assume that the laps shown in the video are the only ones driven ??? What kind of claim is that !? LOL

Last edited:
So, when you level up it looks like you get a cash bonus that raises every time you do. Is it a set amount for the bonus,or does it vary? I've been working a ton so I haven't had as much time to enjoy the game as I'd like.....only level 2 so far. Sorry to break up the tedium and absurdity:lol:

So, when you level up it looks like you get a cash bonus that raises every time you do. Is it a set amount for the bonus,or does it vary? I've been working a ton so I haven't had as much time to enjoy the game as I'd like.....only level 2 so far. Sorry to break up the tedium and absurdity:lol:
As far as I know it’s a set amount of money each level, increasing at each level

Tedious (after repeating many times utterly invalid and absurd) is not an insult, it can be an insult only for someone very sensitive.
I can accept to be called tedious after repeating something, I don't take it as an insult.
Anything you use in a pejorative manner is an insult. If I called you an absolute saucepan, that would be an insult, even if the word saucepan is not rude, insulting, or offensive by itself.

Pack it in. Discuss the points, not the people making them.

Back