Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
My tv doesn't even allow SS best i can do is lower the resolution down to 1080p.

I'm on PC and really I don't want to sound stupid but after getting rid of Xbox One over a year ago I've already forgot the limitations of the current generation consoles. I have my game set up on 2560x1440 144Hz with SS set on low and after disabling it the game looks (even on this resolution) like a PS2 game - literally.

I have a request for anyone that has both pcars 3 and gts could you do a graphics comparison between the two games on the ps4 pro.

With gts being 3 years old now pcars 3 should easily beat it in the graphics department ;)
Here you go

Alpine A110 (A110s in PC3) at Brands Hatch, cockpit gameplay and replay comparison for you. PS4 Pro and it's a 1080p/6-fps capture.

Here you go

Alpine A110 (A110s in PC3) at Brands Hatch, cockpit gameplay and replay comparison for you. PS4 Pro and it's a 1080p/6-fps capture.

If I can add based on my experience, in the solo sessions PC3 still holds up generally decent.

If you run the same comparison with 20 opponents at evening time, the difference will be striking. Under these conditions PC3 has some evident drops in resolution.

If I can add based on my experience, in the solo sessions PC3 still holds up generally decent.

If you run the same comparison with 20 opponents at evening time, the difference will be striking. Under these conditions PC3 has some evident drops in resolution.

Same with PC2 to be fair in that regard. And GTS circumvent this by starting the leader half a lap ahead no? :P

Here you go

As i suspected and from what i remember from when i had gts install.

GTS would make me go wow from time to time.

Pcars 3 makes me go..........
tenor.gif

Thanks Scaff :)

If i didn't have to redownload over 40GB of updates i would give gts another go 👍

Same with PC2 to be fair in that regard. And GTS circumvent this by starting the leader half a lap ahead no? :P

You can make "Grid Start" in lobbies, in custom races and in A daily races. At least on ps4 pro it runs very well with "grid starts", and didn't ear someone complaining of that in standard ps4 when running in lobbies, I think it runs well too. There is rolling start quite near among cars too.

GTS use more tesselation-optimization (reduce car "polygons" when they are at more than a given distance) for those cases in order to not affect too much the fps drop.

Last edited:
You can make "Grid Start" in lobbies, in custom races and in A daily races. At least on ps4 pro it runs very well with "grid starts", and didn't ear someone complaining of that in standard ps4 when running in lobbies, I think it runs well too. There is rolling start quite near among cars too.

GTS use more tesselation-optimization (reduce car "polygons" when they are at more than a given distance) for those cases in order to not affect too much the fps drop.

Smiley indicates sarcasm. :dunce:. Tesselation was introduced way back in GT6. Personally I don't find GTS to be as amazing as people claim, its too clinical in style. Lots of nice detail and modelling but it definitely looks better in stills than in motion. Definitely not a bad looking game, but very soulless.

Smiley indicates sarcasm. :dunce:. Tesselation was introduced way back in GT6. Personally I don't find GTS to be as amazing as people claim, its too clinical in style. Lots of nice detail and modelling but it definitely looks better in stills than in motion. Definitely not a bad looking game, but very soulless.

Yes I know, I was only giving some information, not correcting you. :cheers:

I think that replays and photomode are both incredible in GTS

slomo1shsf8.gif

Last edited:

No, PC2 was not degrading that much in resolution.
Leave GTS alone, is a different game.
But PC2 vs PC3, not same graphical quality (and PC3 is behind).

Yeah that dude is reaching, but hey if his enjoying the game to the fullest then good on him.
Here you go

PD really loves the glint. Try the comparison again but in overcast conditions. Why not.

Having played neither, would have to say GTS looks nicer for sure, although it has sort of the same pulled-back, wide angle GoPro camera that Forza uses, which has the side effect of flattening things out a bit and making them look a bit further away, whereas the PCars camera looks a bit more true to life in that regard.

No, PC2 was not degrading that much in resolution.
Leave GTS alone, is a different game.
But PC2 vs PC3, not same graphical quality (and PC3 is behind).

Still did it though. And no I won't leave GTS alone, don't tell me what I can and can't talk about in relation to a video comparing PC3 and GTS. :rolleyes:

2 simcade racing titles aiming for the same crowds, comparison is natural.

I also didn't say they were the same geaphical quality in relation to PC2 and PC3. I said they manage the graphics the same way, which is entirely true.

Damn I'm alone in scheduled event, great game. Probably best seller, should I wait another 20 minutes?!
Scheduled events seem dead to me too over the past week.

Given that I can (a) find more players and (b) still increase my Rank, I'm just racing in Custom Lobbies instead. They're more fun to do.

Still did it though. And no I won't leave GTS alone, don't tell me what I can and can't talk about in relation to a video comparing PC3 and GTS. :rolleyes:

2 simcade racing titles aiming for the same crowds, comparison is natural.

I also didn't say they were the same geaphical quality in relation to PC2 and PC3. I said they manage the graphics the same way, which is entirely true.

To what I care, you can talk about anything you want, and say whatever you want.

But, at least expect some sort of (hopefully) peaceful discussion about what you say, if the others don't agree with you.

Scheduled events seem dead to me too over the past week.

Given that I can (a) find more players and (b) still increase my Rank, I'm just racing in Custom Lobbies instead. They're more fun to do.

Yeah, but I need one for a trophy, gladly only one...

To what I care, you can talk about anything you want, and say whatever you want.

But, at least expect some sort of (hopefully) peaceful discussion about what you say, if the others don't agree with you.

Precisely. Wheres your discussion other than telling me to leave something alone? When we're discussing precisely that thing? :dunce:

Precisely. Wheres your discussion other than telling me to leave something alone? When we're discussing precisely that thing? :dunce:

Ah, that was the sentence that created the turmoil?
By "leave GTS alone", I meant "taking out GTS from the comparison"....not that you were forced to do, but saying that was even easier to compare it with PC2.

If you want to compare GTS with PC3, please go ahead.
But to me is a sort of pointless comparison because they are the products of two different companies, one is a first party game while the other is multi, one can benefit probably from dedicated libraries the other may not have access to, different budgets, different physics....etc etc..

I see this as comparing apples and pears. Always fruits, sure.

That's why in my mind it makes more sense to compare PC2 to PC3.
Same company, same engine, similar physics...and yet very different.
At least on two consoles I own (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X), difference in graphical quality is self explanatory.

Race at Silverstone Classic GP, Class C.
Time: evening. Weather: start with dry, then become rain and wet.

At the start, the cockpit itself of the car is so pixelated and jagged, as I don' t recall having seen in any other racing game this gen, even the ones at the beginning of the gen.

I then fired up PC2, and recreated the same race setting. Well, it was damn good.

Its not a pointless comparison when they are 2 racing games competing for the same market segment.

PC2 and 3 is the obvious comparison and as has been discussed by many, including me, its widely accepted that it doesn't look as good as PC2. Many conversations in multiple threads.

Wow, my first run on Nordschleife was so different from any game, pushed my lil' GT3 RS like never ever, it was fun and unexpected. Put a nice lap under 6:50, which I never could in a stock car. GT A in general are so stable in this game and in the same time so oversteery, that you can do miracles.

I have a question, so in customising menu you can see pieces that says DLC, are those Ignition pack, or something else? I had IP DLC installed, so my guess it didn't worked?

Back