Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
What is it with this game? In spite of its bugs and visual downgrade, it has become my daily racer of choice over more polished or acclaimed games (FH4, FH3, FM7 and its predecessor.)
You came to that conclusion after two weeks playing a new game? I hope you will have the same opinion after two months. I really do.

Will try this out in the evening.

A bit sad there is no mention of them fixing objectives counter. Also nothing about "complete 20 objectives in challenges" trophy fix. Maybe they just didn't add that to the patch notes.

XP increase in rivals is welcome.

Hoping some stability updates for Xbox multiplayer creep in there, but some things in those notes that were certainly obvious to me in playing got addressed, so all good. :)

I was just told that Xbox players won't be getting the update today so the wait continues:(
Each console manufacturer takes a different amount of time to certify, approve and roll out updates.

Unless a game is designed to have simultaneous releases (which requires a few extra weeks of planning), I’ve noticed Xbox is generally a few days behind PlayStation.

On Steam it’s practically “publisher hits a button, it’s live”.

On somewhat unrelated news. Project CARS GO is alive and it is a "one touch" racer:

Presumably, the default controls will be similar to Real Racing 3 where steering is done by rotating your device and you tap on the screen to brake?

Presumably, the default controls will be similar to Real Racing 3 where steering is done by rotating your device and you tap on the screen to brake?
I hope so. They surely didn't go for a Forza Street alike controls. Why would they use the term one touch racer?

Not going to touch challenges, because, 100 percent sure, after the "fix" you'll have to start a new career to do them again. Can't force myself to finish anything else though, started to love PC2 even more and hope Playstation 5 will be able to run it:(.

This is a livestream of the PC3 update on PS4, doesn’t say which, but I bet is the Pro. Looks "cleaner", feel "smoother", less screen tearing are mentioned. I'm hopeful for the Xbox One X patch because what the Pro can do, the One X does better... :mischievous:

Last edited:

This is a livestream of the PC3 update on PS4, doesn’t say which, but I bet is the Pro. Looks "cleaner", feel "smoother", less screen tearing are mentioned. I'm hopeful for the Xbox One X patch because what the Pro can do, the One X does better... :mischievous:

Didn’t notice much improvement on base PS4.

Here's an opportunity to try influence future updates.
It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
upload_2020-9-19_7-13-22.png

Just wanted to say hello:) we all have our jobs.
Apologies? Ha. Where sir?

They were sent in private (not that you needed to know that)
You are talking about over here right?
Because i only discuss stuff that happens on the forum i'm posting in,that's only fair.
What happens over here doesn't need to be discussed elsewhere and vice versa.

Anyway,i'm not going off topic any further.
If you have complaints or issues with me just PM me...

They were sent in private (not that you needed to know that)
You are talking about over here right?
Because i only discuss stuff that happens on the forum i'm posting in,that's only fair.
What happens over here doesn't need to be discussed elsewhere and vice versa.

Anyway,i'm not going off topic any further.
If you have complaints or issues with me just PM me...

No tissues here my kind sir. :)

Man, I really like this game. It’s so good doing rivals and pace setter events or the scheduled online races. The physics are perfect - much better than GT and Forza, but simplified enough to be perfectly playable with a controller. Exactly what I want in a console game.

I can’t wait to see what will happen in two month on a PS5. I’m hoping the fact that game is using unlocked frames it will naturally scale up to constant 60 fps. Hopefully by then some of the visuals will also be improved. We shall see, but if the above happens, I can easily see this being a game I play the most after Cyberpunk 2077.

I can’t wait to see what will happen in two month on a PS5. I’m hoping the fact that game is using unlocked frames it will naturally scale up to constant 60 fps. Hopefully by then some of the visuals will also be improved. We shall see, but if the above happens, I can easily see this being a game I play the most after Cyberpunk 2077.

To be honest without special patch or something i wouldn't count on that. It was confirmed that Playstation 5 if running PS4 title it will knock down it's processor frequency to PS4 or PS4Pro levels. I wouldn't expect better performance than PS4Pro. It could be better if there is some kind of Boost Mode for PS5 but Sony didn't confirmed that option.

Same with ACC.

Back