Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
So. My first impression of this game. After downloading 31 gigs of patch, my G29 doesn't work on PS4, so i deleted game from PS4 and returned game to store. I've Purchased WRC 9
As for Cars 3, well i know it suppose to be called Shift 3, but Cars was better branded so they tricked everybody. Shame.
I won't buy this game second time even if SMS will patch PS4 version to work with G29 wheel.

One more thing. Never ever purchase racing games day one. We live in times when every game is not finished, but pushed to stores, unplayable and patched weeks or months after premiere day. This has to stop.

So. My first impression of this game. After downloading 31 gigs of patch, my G29 doesn't work on PS4, so i deleted game from PS4 and returned game to store. I've Purchased WRC 9
As for Cars 3, well i know it suppose to be called Shift 3, but Cars was better branded so they tricked everybody. Shame.
I won't buy this game second time even if SMS will patch PS4 version to work with G29 wheel.

One more thing. Never ever purchase racing games day one. We live in times when every game is not finished, but pushed to stores, unplayable and patched weeks or months after premiere day. This has to stop.
In all fairness you said you picked up WRC9, and that’s been released in an excellent state, fully working and very playable and with free DLC on the way as well.

So it’s not every title and every studio doing it.

Where do you see the DLC? If I go to manage game on Xbox One it says Ignition pack is installed but i dont see any of the items in the game.

I have some items and they locked and above them dlc mark, I'll make a screenshot later. My guess if you don't see it, it means you have everything works.

Driving my way through Road B class with 911 GT3 RS in career mode. I'm honestly having a much fun experince in scheduled races than in career mode. But I will evenually beat it for the platinum trophy.

Any ideas as to when it drops?
Here you go, no exact dates yet.

unnamed.jpg

That ban hammer only is used when people start to insult the devs though... And in an excessive manner.
Everyone is free to discuss the game but have to realise that the forum is sponsored by SMS and can be closed by them real fast.
That's really quite odd, as I've never insulted the devs, at all, let alone in a petty manner.

And yet when I log into the official forums I find that I can't search, post, like a thread, look at a profile. all I get instead is the following.

petty.png

How very strange that is, seems to either be an issue or someone bearing a rather petty grudge.

That's really quite odd, as I've never insulted the devs, at all, let alone in a petty manner.

And yet when I log into the official forums I find that I can't search, post, like a thread, look at a profile. all I get instead is the following.

View attachment 956794

How very strange that is, seems to either be an issue or someone bearing a rather petty grudge.

I will have a look at that because i certainly haven't done anything to block you anywhere...

I will have a look at that because i certainly haven't done anything to block you anywhere...
In that case, your forum software is throwing a major tantrum, as I've logged out and back in again repeatedly, tried a browser and laptop reboot and it doesn't change, and it looks a lot like a software dissuade or soft-ban, which are quite common forum tools.

In that case, your forum software is throwing a major tantrum, as I've logged out and back in again repeatedly, tried a browser and laptop reboot and it doesn't change, and it looks a lot like a software dissuade or soft-ban, which are quite common forum tools.

I just checked, nothing out of the ordinary in the mod section but if i try to look for you in the member list your name shows no results...

Is it just Scaff over there?

I just checked, nothing out of the ordinary in the mod section but if i try to look for you in the member list your name shows no results...

Is it just Scaff over there?
It is indeed, I even show up as logged in

me.png

0BUY6tr.jpg

So I guess this is a part of Ignition pack that was installed but don't work, right?
Thanks very much, I don't see that in mine and that wheel is available so it must've installed correctly. I just don't see the driver options that were shown on the ad for that pack is why I wondered if mine installed or not.

Any of those upgrades visual as well? Wider tires, lowering the car?

Ride height changes the same as it was in PC2, aero and tires sims doesn't change visuals at all.

Carrera RSR now have aero by default, both front and rear downforce, to the question how real is that.

Casey's stuff is always top-notch. 👍 Why SMS didn't start a series of blog posts explaining the physics model, tuning and upgrades before launch is beyond me. Stuff like this could have made a very big difference in perception and dial up the buzz.
They absolutely did if you have seen the news.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-2/
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-3/

To many events locked by specific make or even model, 8 from 16 races in career per class are locked if you not a fan of those cars. Damn I never planed to buy nor Ferrari, nor Lamborghini, but oh well.

Latest Posts

Back