Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Maybe is the placebo effect, but I got the impression that after the update, the game looks a bit cleaner and sharper on One X.
Less blurry.

There are still some glitches in the replays (my car shown as ghost car) but happens in isolated cases.

I think this update is a good start aimed in the right direction, fixing some evident bugs and issues the game shouldn't have had when it launched, if a proper quality control was applied.

Hopefully from next update they will keep improving the visuals, and provide more content (not only cars or tracks, but also gameplay related content).

Anyone elses rivals progress for the last 4 weeks seemingly reset/disappeared after this update today?

For me, the progress is still there but it did not add the score for the latest Daily event prior to the patch (the McLaren event).

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw one guy yesterday claiming that invitational events are now can be unlocked if you replay the Series Championships. Looks like he is on an Xbox. Did anyone tried that on any other platform after the patch?

Damn it...I just traded in my PS4 to get the best value before PS5 arrives, now I'm having pCARS withdrawal. Those daily Rivals events are so addicting!

Saw one guy yesterday claiming that invitational events are now can be unlocked if you replay the Series Championships. Looks like he is on an Xbox. Did anyone tried that on any other platform after the patch?

Yes, worked for me on PS4, although now it doesn't unlock the corresponding video for each championship. But that's a small price to pay for getting the invitationals!

Nice job @PJTierney :)

what about the dlc for pcars 3 and why no weekly challenges and rewards to keep people motivated.

so far - you sold the season pass but gave no details except for 12 cars / which is not much actually.

But he works for Codemasters and they own SMS :dopey:

Anyway - I hope we get some more classic touring cars because this is heaven :bowdown:

26b11a79-c9d1-4e19-a1wk3t.jpeg

@PJTierney I noticed you hit 1000G/1000G on the game recently.

Out of interest, did the 0G Slightly Mad Racer achievement pop for you?

I hit 1000G tonight and it didn't for me
Nope, didn’t for me either.

My theory is that is considers “all Achievements” to be 37, when there are only 37 Achievements in the game. In other words, it may need to unlock itself in order to unlock itself.

If we unlock a single Achievement from the upcoming DLC and it pops, then this will be the correct theory.

(Or it could be bugged and will get fixed)

Hotfixes are normally only for the specified issue and don't contain any other improvements.
Yeah what I meant was to ask if anyone had already noticed these changes in the game.

I just checked and here is what was reset for me:
  • Wins accolades
  • Career accolades - except for Task Master, Career Driver and Career Journeyman
  • Multiplayer accolades
  • Rivals accolades
  • Stats accolades
  • Upgrades accolades
  • Car Affinity accolades
  • Assists accolades
The only category seemingly not affected is Track Mastering.

Personally I don't mind. It's better than seeing them all messed up. I remember that addition of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary completed career objectives was not equal to the total completed career objectives, which was weird.

Jumped for a few races today and I must say racing against AI is just the worst, unfortunately. Since I already have a decent amount of cash I think I'll unlock and complete all the Hot lap, Pace Setter and Breakout events and call it quits. Maybe might go for 20 challenges objectives for the platinum's sake.

So I bite the bullet and just installed this on my PS4 standard/slim.
its currently installing the updates but Version 1.0.0000000000000000000000000..
Does it only allow you to do the intro race and the first career race at Shanghai? I can only do this, change driver appearance and settings, can't choose the next races despite them saying "New", multiplayer/custom race is all greyed out

Probably need to wait for the update to finish installing

Fair play to SMS for the latest patch, even on the Xbox S there is some improvement to the graphics and frame rate.
Shame about the rain bug, but at least I might play the career mode eventually.

The best thing that happened for me in PC3, that after the patch it gifted me a trophy for 200 challenges for free, so I don't have to go though the game to get it. Unfortunately 20 challenges remain, but ok, I'll force myself.

Actually haven't noticed any improvement, except downgrade, that now half of text randomly disappears in menus.

Plus the game made me want Hot Pursuit Remaster so badly. Probably not what SMS wanted.

Last edited:
So after the patch is it worth getting it? I am on a ps4pro and a Fanatec wheel. I like pc2 a lot. Price is now 42 Euros.

So after the patch is it worth getting it?

50/50 still lots of bugs, some new ones added (like missing texts in the menus, rainbow rain spray from under the wheels, blocky dust on the dirt sections - example Lydden Hill)

..and a Fanatec wheel.

Then NO, you will be dissapointed, this is a controller game in my opinion.

like pc2 a lot.

Then NO.

Price is now 42 Euros.

NO, at least wait for some kind of a sale or make sure you can refund it.

Don't get me wrong, personally I love this game but taking in to consideration what you said you might be just disappointed...

So after the patch is it worth getting it? I am on a ps4pro and a Fanatec wheel. I like pc2 a lot. Price is now 42 Euros.
No you shouldn't. It's not good. They went in a horrible direction from PC2 and it's just about a joke to the community and the fans they had of PC2. You'll play it for a few run throughs and then barely use it..

Now here comes someone to tell you that you should totally get it.

No you shouldn't. It's not good. They went in a horrible direction from PC2 and it's just about a joke to the community and the fans they had of PC2. You'll play it for a few run throughs and then barely use it..

Now here comes someone to tell you that you should totally get it.

I wouldn't say that the game is horrible etc. it is quite good if you like Forza Motorsport style titles, the worst thing about the game is just the constant feeling of playing some early version that shouldn't be released to the public.

Then NO, you will be dissapointed, this is a controller game in my opinion.
I play on a full Fanatec setup and feel it makes the game much more enjoyable than on a pad.

...going back to the general discussion about the game I really think that this:

View attachment 963569

...is one of the most exciting and rewarding challenges present in any racing game ever :bowdown:
Check out the Weekly Rivals ;)

Last edited:
Back