Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,133 comments
I'm bit worried about what has been said by one of the mods on official Discord:

Screenshot_20201008-191005~2.png

Let's hope that it means they want to polish more bugs than in previous patch not that they're going to slowly abandon this game...

It quite literally means what it says, there's nothing to announce because they're not the ones to make the big announcements. You're reading into it too much ;)

We (players) know there's DLC packs coming, and to facilitate those there will have to be game updates as the car files aren't in our version of the game yet. It's only logical that there may be some tweaks and fixes bundled in with those.

What that post implies is that the moderators currently don't have info that they can share, that's all.

Last edited:
Well guys i bit the bullet and bought it, i haven't got any of the updates yet, i disconnected the internet and just installed the disc,i have to say, first impressions are brilliant, looks great, super fluid frame rate, ps4 pro, photomode is superb.....wow for now from me....

Last edited:
Well guys i bit the bullet and bought it, i haven't got any of the updates yet, i disconnected the internet and just installed the disc,i have to say, first impressions are brilliant, looks great, super fluid frame rate, ps4 pro, photomode is superb.....wow for now from me....
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Why no updates though? I recommend get them as I think it fixes some career unlock issues, if you plan to play that.

I will have today had to leave it on all night on my slow connection, about 13 hours to download 32 gig i always install from disc first, think it was 40 gig on the disc, only took half an hour to install that first, wish i could download that fast......

I noticed something funny on a replay i did......This is without any updates....

If you do single race outside of carreer, can you then select same class vehicles? Or is it then also based on performance points?

Hmmmm i think the frame rate when playing was better before i got any updates as it came on disc, hmmmmm delete it and run the disc only???

Also i did a video before showing how to move the camera and field of view when playing using a keyboard on ps4....I tried an online text to speech voice aswell..

Well after playing for just under a week, got the latest updates to 1.06 i think it was.....Ive changed my mind, thumbs down for me now, just deleted it, at least i can re sell the disc....Framerates and visuals really, ive just played number 2 again and was like wow how smooth and nicer looking is this.....

ps thank you for amazon, now returned for a refund....wonder if its been made primarily for the new consoles and scaled back to try and run on ps4 etc....

Last edited:
Hi just picked deluxe edition up today had some spare change lying around so I grabbed it, I love cars and racing games and I play on a pad so I finally caved and grabbed it. First impressions it’s fun, feels good, looks ok on Xbox one X resolution mode, so I have deluxe edition and some add ons are locked, I have only just started, but hankook tyre and some number plates are locked due to add ons, can anyone help me? Thank you. I’ll give it a good go and see how we get on. Thanks.

Hi just picked deluxe edition up today had some spare change lying around so I grabbed it, I love cars and racing games and I play on a pad so I finally caved and grabbed it. First impressions it’s fun, feels good, looks ok on Xbox one X resolution mode, so I have deluxe edition and some add ons are locked, I have only just started, but hankook tyre and some number plates are locked due to add ons, can anyone help me? Thank you. I’ll give it a good go and see how we get on. Thanks.

Did you download the add ons separately?

Picked up PC3 today for £32.

Must say, it’s actually a really fun game. I enjoyed the opening race, and I’m now currently enjoying the career mode. Chose the Mitsubishi Lancer as my first car. Not taking it to seriously, just having some fun with it. I prefer it over Grid. Just my opinion though.
The Lancer is probably the best pick of the three. Good acceleration and you can throw it around the corners without too much trouble. Decent car.

The Lancer is probably the best pick of the three. Good acceleration and you can throw it around the corners without too much trouble. Decent car.
The Lancer is good as far as GT B. In GT A the Lambo Sesto is 4wd, goes like stink on some tracks. Any GT3 and similiar tier needs mid engined layout and with 4wd in the Lambo Sesto its the GT A God. GT Open Lancer can do Nurb 24hr in 7min56 on a good run but it tends to spin braking from high velocity. Option to alter brake bias when racing to wake the rear brakes up be good :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve had a fair few decent races with it. It was my most used Japanese road car in Gran Turismo 3, so the car is pretty nostalgic to me.

The races are actually pretty fun in this game. I expected the game to be god awful, but after a playthrough, I’m having a really enjoyable experience with it.

I’ve also kept PC2 on my PS4, so I get the best of both worlds. After playing sims for so long, it’s very refreshing to play an arcade racing game again that I actually enjoy.

Only criticism I have about PC3 is the obvious no pits / tyre & fuel wear, & the way you earn credits in this game. Other than that, I’ve had an really enjoyable experience on the game so far. The original tracks on PC3 are nice to race around too, I like the track designs.

Again, this is just my opinion / first impressions on PC3. I personally really like the gameplay.
I’ve still got PC2 installed on the PS4, so if I want more realistic racing I can just switch to that. If I want more fun arcade style I’ll just switch to PC3. Best of both worlds then. :sly:

Yeah I’ve had a fair few decent races with it. It was my most used Japanese road car in Gran Turismo 3, so the car is pretty nostalgic to me.

The races are actually pretty fun in this game. I expected the game to be god awful, but after a playthrough, I’m having a really enjoyable experience with it.

I’ve also kept PC2 on my PS4, so I get the best of both worlds. After playing sims for so long, it’s very refreshing to play an arcade racing game again that I actually enjoy.

Only criticism I have about PC3 is the obvious no pits / tyre & fuel wear, & the way you earn credits in this game. Other than that, I’ve had an really enjoyable experience on the game so far. The original tracks on PC3 are nice to race around too, I like the track designs.

Again, this is just my opinion / first impressions on PC3. I personally really like the gameplay.
I’ve still got PC2 installed on the PS4, so if I want more realistic racing I can just switch to that. If I want more fun arcade style I’ll just switch to PC3. Best of both worlds then. :sly:
I have Project Cars 1 and 2 from when they were in the PSN Sale with 87% off. Been Gran Turismo mostly since 1998. Project Cars 3 i can handle, Project Cars 1 and 2 I spin, cars pull to one side, i am alot slower but noticed Project Cars 2 tracks do look alot like the real tracks. Gran Turismo looks over overscaled. Overall, Project Cars 2 looks superb in 4k and boost mode.

The controller handling in Project Cars 3 should have been in Project Cars 1 at the beginning and the player counts would have been alot higher. As a game, Project Cars 1 and 2 and all future games should adopt Codemasters Grid tuning option. Just adjust the bar left to right for anti roll bars and camber angles and make it easier to understand. Grid has the better layout and Tuning option, Project Cars 3 has the tracks and car classes are well put together. Seems two games could become one . . . . . . . Plus Grid has the Lancer Evo Time Attack Cars, put them in GT Open, they would would fill GT Open and become serious contenders.

Conclusion, Project Cars 3 is what Grid should have been, if GT7 is delayed until 2021 or 2022 like new Forza is then Project Cars and Grid have a neiche they could merge into one game and try to win over players in the absence of the rival games but Project Cars 4 needs to be Sim for next generation. I would hate to be the decision maker in SMS and Codemasters right now as next generation consoles are going to be the break or paid off for game developers.

Back