Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
It also shows they might be searching for evidence of extra terrestrial life! :)

It's slightly concerning that they've only shown road cars and GT3s so far. Nothing else really that I can recall. Given the extensive car roster I'm hoping they are there.

As far as we know the car list is virtually unchanged bar the removal of at least the karts and addition of 40 new cars. I'm sure they'll be other changes but never fear. There's been mentions of Indy Cars both new and old, screenshot of a modified Formula Renault 3.5 among others. :)

It's slightly concerning that they've only shown road cars and GT3s so far. Nothing else really that I can recall. Given the extensive car roster I'm hoping they are there.
Not just any roadcars -- expensive modern supercars and hypercars, naturally. It goes to show how overwhelmingly popular/marketable those categories apparently are, I guess.

1s09Evk.png

[SMS] Nathan Bell
What I would like to know if is there is an option to switch drivers during a race, for example for an endurance-race. Is this feature planned?
@Akashic Not at the moment buddy, sorry.

@[SMS] Nathan Bell so does that means no changeable weather during a race?
@inthebagbudUK (Big G - CC) You can set the weather exactly as you could in PC2. Difference is you don't need to pit to change tyres when the weather changes. The on-track experience changes in regards to how the car handles on-track based on the current weather. In short - the game knows what the weather is, and what the optimal tyres are. But still reacts as it would if you'd spent 2 mins in the pits changing them.

Honestly I'm not on board with this "solution".
I understand the changing of the tires and the two minutes worth of struggling with the old tires as they transition to the whet tires.

The real problem is that the two minutes he mentions is likely two minutes for everybody so there is no unforeseen circumstance that will make that pitstop exciting.

I was hoping they would go in the opposite direction and make pitstops even more variable, perhaps clipping one of your pit crew on the way out which really delays you.

I'm busy watching the V8SC's on TV and listening to how teams were preparing their strategies for tyres and fuel.
Watching to see if someone makes an undercut or saved their new tyres for the pitstop to gain an advantage.

I can't believe that SMS truly believes no tyre wear, no fuel use, magical morphing tyres and no pitstops equals a better experience.
Still gobsmacked at the news!

No Pit Stops and their associated strategies and unforeseen circumstances is what disqualifies PC3 as a sim.

I don’t have a problem with that. My problem is that Ian Bell, someone who I have trusted and defended, said that no hard-core Sim racer would be losing anything in his next game. They have said that they’re only improving on the Sim racing experience.

Here’s the real kicker for me. I am not good at Sim racing games. I’m barely average. If there is a person who SHOULD want a game that is not Sim, it’s me. But, I don’t. I want Sim and I want pitstops because when I watch IMSA or Blancpain or F1, I get more enjoyment from the pitstop strategies and miscues than I do anything else.

I wonder if this has to do with the capacity of the PS4 or the resources needed to include pitstops. There’s nothing wrong with doing a short race where you have no need for a pitstop but I prefer long races so why not just have both?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping for even better graining, flat-spots and the much needed driver-swaps for proper endurance.

Even pit-stops are gone?

Clearly the "vision" has changed because it's not pC.A.R.S. anymore. This acronym stopped making sense a long time ago it seems.

In the immortal words of Zorg (from the 5th element): "I... AM... VERY... DISAPPOINTED"

I like how crowd make fun of this post on twitter. Like garage is where locked pit stop and changing clothes on pit crew. Guess, SMS having hard times moving this game...

I like how crowd make fun of this post on twitter. Like garage is where locked pit stop and changing clothes on pit crew. Guess, SMS having hard times moving this game...

Yeah... This game is totally roasted every time new info comes in. I think... IF Pcars 3 won't be a disaster in term of sales I am pretty sure we will see pitstops in PCars 4 or as a patch to Pcars 3... Right now it is the most requested feature.

Its understandable i mean pcars 3 doesn't have a fan base yet other then the fan base from pcars 1/2 which most are disappointed in this new direction.

Pcars 3 is really on a double edge sword right now.

If it succeeds we may never get another full sim like pcars 2.
But if it fails sms maybe dismantle by code master and the pcars series maybe no more.

There you go, those who thought the new game won't live up to its name, are clearly wrong. Project C.A.R.S. now stands for "Community Assisted Racing Stickers" :cool:

Are stickers our consolation prize for losing pitstops and tire choices? "Aw that's too bad on losing pitstops and tire choices but here are some lovely parting gifts SOME NICE BRAND NEW STICKERS!!!!. Yes that's right these stickers have been carefully picked out for your enjoyment and will make your car really stand out (just not on pitlane). So congratulations from all of us and thanks for playing Project Cars3!!!" (Applause sign flashing) :lol::lol:

If it succeeds we may never get another full sim like pcars 2.
But if it fails sms maybe dismantle by code master and the pcars series maybe no more.

I think there is still a chance for a full sim even if it succeed, Dirt franchise did went arcade for a chunk of a franchise until recently. Codemaster attempt to merge arcade and sim didn't do very well with Dirt 4 and now we have the franchise split in 2. I do hope pCARS will follow the same route, pCARS 3 looks fun but it just doesn't look a sequel to the last 2 games.

No word on a photo mode? hope that wasn't removed.

You cant expect casuals to understand fstops, aperture and exposure adjustments (he'll most of us don't). Expect photo mode to be baby proof and have Instgram filters so you can put dog ears on your cars for easy sharing to twitspace for thumbs and updoots.

FYI. This post contains possible sarcasm.

With info coming in: livery, cars, xp, level, car upgrades, no pit stop, day-night cycle, no or very limited tyre wear and fuel management, etc.
I think we now have the formula:

Forza Horizon
- Free run
+ Track racing

= Project Cars "Horizon" 3

That looks pretty nice. I wonder how many cars will have that tuning option.

And i wonder are those works car listed as new ones?

Widebody fenders! :cool: It's a relief to finally see a car like the Lancer Evo. It could still use a close competitor...hint hint.

LOL at the Twitter comments triggered merely by the inclusion of a very real thing, not just about pitstops. Right, because no one ever buys, modifies, or customizes cars in real life, not even for track use or grassroots racing... :lol:

Trackdays and the SCCA are so arcade.

1s09Evk.png

[SMS] Nathan Bell
What I would like to know if is there is an option to switch drivers during a race, for example for an endurance-race. Is this feature planned?

@inthebagbudUK (Big G - CC) You can set the weather exactly as you could in PC2. Difference is you don't need to pit to change tyres when the weather changes. The on-track experience changes in regards to how the car handles on-track based on the current weather. In short - the game knows what the weather is, and what the optimal tyres are. But still reacts as it would if you'd spent 2 mins in the pits changing them.

Where is this screenshot from? Is this from Discord?

1s09Evk.png

[SMS] Nathan Bell

I am ready this over and over again....

And I still can't comprehend how a group of people, seemingly not dumb, could all come to agree that magic tires would be very acceptable to a community of passionate car drivers who assisted in the development of the previous two games.

How ?!!? (Insert Jackie Chan meme here )

The only explanation I can come up with is:
SMS wanted to do a prequel to this :

WipEout-Omega-Collection

Back