Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I just hope they won’t have overly wacky looking ones like the snowman or clown suit in FM7. It was annoying when taking a screenshot then you see a weird looking helmet in the car beside ruining the screenshot.

It is a rather pointless feature for me, never bother about how my character look back in TDU, Forza, and NFS Heat. I think the only time I cared about how my character look was Saints Row 4.

I just hope they won’t have overly wacky looking ones like the snowman or clown suit in FM7. It was annoying when taking a screenshot then you see a weird looking helmet in the car beside ruining the screenshot.

^this. Those wacky costumes are immersion killer. I hate when they are doing that. Unfortunately i think they won't make something like "In race series you need to wear full racing suit" and we will see drivers like amateurs in GT3 cars or prototypes :(

Provided the driver customisation doesn't go too wacky like FM7, then I don't care much about its inclusion. Otherwise its just a rather pointless gimmick in an attempt to distract from the greater problems the game is being called out on.

Or even wackier like Horizon 4!

Gimmicks are game sellers for the young at heart, but when you get older your view changes..
A racing sim is still a videogame. Who outgrows customizable avatars in videogames? It's common and quite ordinary. Millions of people play MMORPGs and that audience skews older, I'm sure.

A racing sim is still a videogame. Who outgrows customizable avatars in videogames? It's common and quite ordinary. Millions of people play MMORPGs and that audience skews older, I'm sure.

It plays a much smaller role in a racing game compared to RPG games, you just don't see the driver often enough on the track.

Replays and Photo mode? ;)

it is rarely focused on the driver in replays and photo mode as well, you will see the car and livery first before you notice the driver. The only time I even notice the driver suit was in FM7 with its overly wacky design that ruins a screenshot.

You guys are presenting an argument that equally questions the use of having liveries or paint colors to choose from.

In gameplay you will see your opponent car and livery but not the driver most of the time unless it is open wheels then we see a helmet. A full grid of plain white cars is more noticable to looks weird compared to a grid of varied design livery cars with a plain driver suit design sitting inside the car.

it is rarely focused on the driver in replays and photo mode as well,
In replays if you use the rotating camera position option it will cycle through images of the driver in action. And also (hopefully) there are many open wheelers and open cockpit cars in the game that expose (ooh er!) the driver to more scrutiny. A kart would have been ideal for showing off your latest fashion creation - but they've probably removed them I hear!

I'm just pointing out that although it's a not a feature that I'd constantly make use of an additional option for those that do should be welcomed rather than derided. 👍

While I totally understand why so many PC fans online are upset about this new direction for the series, I have to disagree with those who say the world doesn't need another Forza, as these are my options as alternatives to Forza 7 on the xbox:
Assetto Corsa (Sim)
Project Cars 2 (Sim)
Grid 2019 (Arcade)
Assetto Corsa Competizione (Sim)

I have nothing against Sims, but they're ultimately a frustrating experience for me on a base console. So selfishly I'd welcome a real competitor to Forza, if it has the contents of PC 2 but with the framerate of FM7. Just hope it's not 'Grid 2020' in all but name.

Last edited:
Codemasters kinda knocked it out of the park when they decided to split their arcade and sim rally titles, everyone gets what they want, no one has to compromise.

One can only hope this may influence sms along with the adverse reactions around pc3 to do the same in future.

The P1 should appear. The GTR is another story.

Yesterday I learnt the P1 actually uses a full open differential for power ramp. How is that possible?

The P1 should appear. The GTR is another story.

Yesterday I learnt the P1 actually uses a full open differential for power ramp. How is that possible?
???

The normal p1 almost got cut in favor of the gtr in pc 2.

And plus pc3 has a hyper car class and the gtr fits into that class better then the normal p1.

Personally it wont make me sad if they cut the normal p1 but its another story for the gtr :(

???The normal p1 almost got cut in favor of the gtr in pc 2.
No way man. The P1 continues to be one fo the fastest and most beautiful cars in the world. It will always continue to appear in most games for a long long time. Needless to speak about McLaren's consultant involved in the handling of pc2; that the P1 is a british car and sms is a british based game developer, etc. The P1 base will always be there regardless the new models already appeared (Senna)

And plus pc3 has a hyper car class and the gtr fits into that class better then the normal p1.
The hypercar is the road P1. The GTR is the track version, so It is no hypercar in that sense.

Personally it wont make me sad if they cut the normal p1 but its another story for the gtr :(
hehe for me it would be right the opposite.

No way man. The P1 continues to be one fo the fastest and most beautiful cars in the world. It will always continue to appear in most games for a long long time.

The hypercar is the road P1. The GTR is the track version, so It is no hypercar in that sense.

hehe for me it would be right the opposite.

I posted about it 3 years ago that yes the p1 almost got cut in pcars 2 cause mclaren thought the p1 gtr was enough.

The p1 gtr is a track car but its also classified as a hyper car just like the fxx-k.

I rarely drive the normal p1 in pcars 2 so losing it in 3 wont make me sad.

End of august is so close now.

I really hope they don‘t delay it because this time it would be all eyes on them.
Forza 8 and GT7 are not near them so the show is entirely theirs.

But should we not get a „gold announcement“ 6 weeks ahead of the release date?

I am a bit worried :nervous:

I really hope they don‘t delay it because this time it would be all eyes on them.
Given how things have unfolded so far, another launch like PCARS2 could very well end it all for PCARS or SMS.

"A rushed game is forever bad, but a delayed game might get pitstops back." -- Shigearu Miyamotor :P :)

Latest Posts

Back