Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
[snip]
And I still can't comprehend how a group of people, seemingly not dumb, could all come to agree that magic tires would be very acceptable to a community of passionate car drivers who assisted in the development of the previous two games.
[snip]

In between all the hyperbole from all sides, some of which based in something sensible, some of it not... I think this one statement sums up perfectly the real issue why so many people are reacting the way they are. It's just the notion (percieved or otherwise) of thumbing your nose at the people who have supported you that creates such emotion - among an obviously already very opinionated and umm... internet-mouthed(?) crowd such as gamers are.

But of course, again, there's not that many simracers and some of them already hated SMS and pCARS... so I guess sometimes you have to do what you feel is the right thing to do. And it's Ian's vision at the end of the day that matters most to which direction they head.

Christ, every new announcement takes it away from what it should be.
"All the SIM you could want"

It looks like The Sims.

Wut? So we aren't allowed customisation in a sim now?

Obviously its just bashing for the sake if it now. Like seriously. I get being annoyed at pitstops and tyre wear finding the bin, but criticising customisation? What next? "Ugh this game has cars in it".

Not hating i really don't care about this as i never notes the avatar in pcars 2 while i'm busy driving but cool for those that like this kind of stuff.

What i really wanna know is what customization option the p1 gtr is gonna have.

The Twitter comments are just too bizarre. Is it not a motorsports geek thing to desire to make sure your driver's suit accurately matches the car you're driving, according to the racing team or era, or pretending your avatar is your favorite driver? For cockpit view? Open-top cars in replays?

There's no rhyme or reason.

Last edited:
20200710175827.jpg

Fair enough if people like to use that, but it's obviously headed down the Forza 7 route. Driver customisation isn't new

Obviously its just bashing for the sake if it now. Like seriously. I get being annoyed at pitstops and tyre wear finding the bin, but criticising customisation? What next? "Ugh this game has cars in it".

We're really going to be offended that people can make their driver look unique?

This isn't exactly a high priority on my wishlist but come on. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and think for a second.

This is not about hating this feature, but about taking out more important features and replacing them with useless stuff...

if this game was more like previous entry people would be more interested with liveries and driver customization...

So you're conceding that these have nothing to do with eachother and that people are just finding ways to be mad about dumb things because of pit stops again.

Makes no sense to me but okay.

It does make sense because it shows again who is the real target of this game. Instead of showing something more interesting to please other fans or put this fire down they are going deeper into features more associated with arcade games and generating even more hate. And don't forget SMS still tries to sell it as sim.

Yes I admit. People are overreacting about those features. But it is some kind of "antihype" (hate?) train that is going faster and faster, and now poeple will bash even nice features of this game.

it doesn’t matter. The most requested features are out and those are in. People are mad about it.

That precisely typifies the point. It does matter, keeping pitstops or not won't have affected character customisation, which by the way was a requested feature anyway.

It's just boring now.

That precisely typifies the point. It does matter, keeping pitstops or not won't have affected character customisation, which by the way was a requested feature anyway.

It's just boring now.

Well. I am just saying why people are angry about it. I still going to try this entry but i also feel disapointed about certain SMS decisions.

Well. I am just saying why people are angry about it. I still going to try this entry but i also feel disapointed about certain SMS decisions.

Yeah, we know, we all know, every announcement gets hijacked by you telling us how disappointed you are. Fast approaching a point where noone cares.

Yeah, we know, we all know, every announcement gets hijacked by you telling us how disappointed you are. Fast approaching a point where noone cares.

Well. I'm not the only one.

To change point of discussion here is another take about PCars 3 this time... More positive.
And to be honest. If they do make this happen (every car being polished) then it could still be great game.

For the record, this is pretty much how it would go within SMS: the art team made some extra assets (PCARS2 already had more than one driver getup), and the UI person/team coded a front end to allow the user to choose which assets the game will load, instead of it being random as in PCARS2. Meanwhile, the handling/physics guys and higher-ups did their thing.

Not zero-sum.

This is not about hating this feature, but about taking out more important features and replacing them with useless stuff...
It's as useless as having an animated driver in the first place, textures on anything, scenery you can't collide with, or high-fidelity models. I doubt many of the people complaining about this also aren't interested in any of that.

Developing a sim more in the style of Art of Rally would help developers to get the most out of the hardware with a highly detailed and solid 60fps experience. I would dig it.

...features more associated with arcade games...
Not from my POV of sim racing. I would guess helmet/driver skins for PC sims are more common than arcade-style games that let you customize your driver. This just makes it an official feature.

I understand you are trying to explain a point of view you don't share. :cheers:

@MagpieRacer -- Hey now, I don't think that kind of reply is warranted to be directed at @MroczMR. He's been civil, IMO.

So this game is a "Revolution" because it's taking all of its new features from Forza?
No it seems to be a revolution because SMS now apparently want to make some money out the racing genre by including features that other successful games have. :)

But it is some kind of "antihype" (hate?) train that is going faster and faster, and now people will bash even nice features of this game.
It's not a train it's a bandwagon. I chose to step off it while I still could. ;)

That's a good sensible and well balanced video you posted. 👍 It reflects the thoughts I've had all along.

The Twitter comments are just too bizarre. - There's no rhyme or reason.
Screenshot_2020-07-08-10-03-28-533.jpeg

For the record, this is pretty much how it would go within SMS: the art team made some extra assets (PCARS2 already had more than one driver getup), and the UI person/team coded a front end to allow the user to choose which assets the game will load, instead of it being random as in PCARS2. Meanwhile, the handling/physics guys and higher-ups did their thing.

Not zero-sum.

It's as useless as having an animated driver in the first place, textures on anything, scenery you can't collide with, or high-fidelity models. I doubt many of the people complaining about this also aren't interested in any of that.

Developing a sim more in the style of Art of Rally would help developers to get the most out of the hardware with a highly detailed and solid 60fps experience. I would dig it.

Not from my POV of sim racing. I would guess helmet/driver skins for PC sims are more common than arcade-style games that let you customize your driver. This just makes it an official feature.

I understand you are trying to explain a point of view you don't share. :cheers:

@MagpieRacer -- Hey now, I don't think that kind of reply is warranted to be directed at @MroczMR. He's been civil, IMO.

I've never said he wasn't being civil. But its every single time there's an announcement. Sorry if my tone seemed harsh @MroczMR that wasn't my strict intention.

I wanted to say that custom avatar is VERY good news for VR immersion and sensation of presence (having a much closer virtual representation of our own body ingame). Then I saw the weird arm of the girl in leather jacket...

I do not know to which extent it will be customizable though. African, Asian, European, small, tall, fat, slim, men and women... I also doubt they will change hands/gloves size because of all the animations that might need to be redone. I would love that they implement hand/finger-tracking!

Last edited:
The Twitter comments are just too bizarre. Is it not a motorsports geek thing to desire to make sure your driver's suit accurately matches the car you're driving, according to the racing team or era, or pretending your avatar is your favorite driver? For cockpit view? Open-top cars in replays?

There's no rhyme or reason.

Actually your driver in PC 2 always in an accurate for an era suit.

But I wonder if there will be at least stylish options and Jet Fighter suit...

Anyway comedy around 3 seems great, if it isn't a fan they promised, can't imagine how they will impress us more.

Last edited:

His username checks out..

Back