Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,142 comments
That would be brilliant. Found a video where Sam Collins went through the private Nissan warehouse in Japan and the Super Touring Primera was there. There are a few I'd definitely love from there. Including the Super GT cars.

There are so many cars in that building I would love to see, it looks like automotive heaven in there

That would be a game I never put down, imagine the current season plus a selection of historics from BTCC/BSCC history like the Super Tourers, Group A, pre-66 touring cars

That would be brilliant. Found a video where Sam Collins went through the private Nissan warehouse in Japan and the Super Touring Primera was there. There are a few I'd definitely love from there. Including the Super GT cars.

You both need to stop. I'm about to implode and then explode. I'd buy a PS version, XB version and somehow make - buy/build - a PC for that sucka.
The Primera, Accord, Q50, 320i, 156, Supra, RX-7.... just bring them all.

You both need to stop. I'm about to implode and then explode. I'd buy a PS version, XB version and somehow make - buy/build - a PC for that sucka.
The Primera, Accord, Q50, 320i, 156, Supra, RX-7.... just bring them all.

Being a fantasist is part of the fun. In your fantasies, you imagine throwing those cars through Church at Thruxton. Wondering why more games don't let you do this.

All in a livery you've created based on your fake racing team or a livery on a car you have nostalgia for or something you love now.

There are so many cars in that building I would love to see, it looks like automotive heaven in there
Yeah. It's ridiculous. I'd love to see SMS tackle Super GT and be able to throw them around circuits around the world. Ideally, we'd have a Super GT and DTM implementation of Class 1 as Super GT are adopting those rules for 2020.

Super GT stimulates the tyres in Super GT and DTM simulates the Hankooks in that series. That's a dream.

Obviously the most important cars are the Volvo 850R and Alfa Romeo 155

Everytime I'd overtake someone I would just be shouting 'IT'S TARQUINI!'
Or 'I'M GOING FOR FIRST'
Or any other Murrayism that pops into my head

... I would just be sitting there waiting for a Toyota to roll over :lol:

Obviously the most important cars are the Volvo 850R and Alfa Romeo 155

Everytime I'd overtake someone I would just be shouting 'IT'S TARQUINI!'
Or 'I'M GOING FOR FIRST'
Or any other Murrayism that pops into my head

... I would just be sitting there waiting for a Toyota to roll over :lol:
*sends an Alfa off track*
"IT'S TARQUINI!"

Speaking of which, I may have bought myself a present

fggzaTk5NORdN75GeVTC0Cjbu1h_feyDhu4BvZKjeib-7tHT-I4qT1eZCe4Ck8V87pdylOtwJEJ3U9uMk9p1UoodLVGkGcnoT0VWxXRNJsAhPcFGzDQbxuZmrCePvcyF15TK8EjZNmfA84kqKI-r6BnixwjzY2xckPYQjtHoJQnHyXouLMckreii5lHB68kvRuWf2B0wE1QOrmb91n2NNzsE55Ix_qm1eAcfoSIgyNpPWTHgC1MR8ratxcgl00IySdilVc51JytUbIWLKvOesWpwjmnp6PsmbDUiAqNN4x14AKTSCd_5R3oD-07mEuAO73J8rDjgw9DsAo60wC1GczU8tJseFeXPM2ZQxFjNpqbBY9AMyvHt9YtvU7cvksVVpu6L4hSSJBPzxHCkgyXseno9L9wNzoUBVyXXjybXPXS5y7uHnCF4UkG2DbB60CaLTQKPhaNQkPznfVD63qTpOcfu9VZF3OS0KCwOqhc6I5VnQd8r7R4wUA-BqZQBfPEgQ2VAJYw6ATWjzZqZW_3vVTr8FiKZYYndPqcZBeNksfpBp0QFQgiTqlXQ473z6UxalyXl_s08733-aoRyCsMhjZVU_a0KJcHV3EKeoGhPpNbW9VX4SVvOfmP2in1CO2GsiPKioPIKpb8youThCpxRNMN41sGLXvr7ETzYCIuA6JUhSPJnV_wFOs8=w1250-h937-no

More cars of that vintage are welcome to help make up for all their roadgoing counterparts that are also missing (very conspicuously, for some favorites). But if it was up to me, they'd be roadcars you can rebuild into their touring car forms, a la Shift 2 Unleashed. :)

I know Codemasters bought out SMS. Does this mean SMS has no hand/say in development whatsoever? I really hope the SMS blueprints stay for PC3. I dont want it to turn into a arcade sim, or lose any of the great features (livetrack, etc.) from PC2.

Does this mean SMS has no hand/say in development whatsoever?
I'm hoping not. Seeing as they've already made some progress on the next PCARS, I'm expecting this isn't the case as SMS know what they want from their franchise. Though I expect it will be a different pre-release.

However, my concern is Codemasters then doing what they did with the guys from Evolution Studios.

For me personally, I can only hope SMS can use the backing of Codemasters to make an even better game. Not to say that everything Codemasters does is wrong because I quite like the F1 series. I just hope they see Project Cars as a racing sim for the future and use their resources to provide better developing and financial backing for licenses

I know Codemasters bought out SMS. Does this mean SMS has no hand/say in development whatsoever? I really hope the SMS blueprints stay for PC3. I dont want it to turn into a arcade sim, or lose any of the great features (livetrack, etc.) from PC2.

Codeis didn't need to buy SMS in order to make arcade titles. They have years of experience in this area. However, they have no existing title in the racing sim sector and If they want to compete, they do need SMS. I know the popular opinion is there is no money to be made in sims but members of WMD or examination of Kunos financial accounts will tell you a very different story.

Interesting news from Microsoft about the next XBoxX. Seems like there will be no exclusive games, for now. All games will should run on the current console and then run with enhancements on the new one. So PC3...
(You might not to get rid of your X1X so soon @Mr Grumpy)

Now what was I saying about the current consoles having a large user base they wouldn't want to ignore... :sly:

Interesting news from Microsoft about the next XBoxX. Seems like there will be no exclusive games, for now. All games will should run on the current console and then run with enhancements on the new one. So PC3...

Now what was I saying about the current consoles having a large user base they wouldn't want to ignore... :sly:
I won't get rid of it, I'll just buy the new one aswell.

I'll give the 1X to the kids, they only play Minecraft & lego games anyway.

Wait i'm confuse :confused: does this means pc3 is gonna shift for the ps4/ps5, xb1/xbx? :banghead: Really didn't wanna hear that cause that can only mean those old systems will just hinder the game :banghead:

Wait i'm confuse
It is a little bit confusing the information that has been released, but reading through the news article that's the impression that I got. To save alienating purchasers of the current model there'll be nothing that's exclusive on the upcoming XBox. Although that does seem a break from the normal - as the article says.

But that's only a Microsoft announcement not Sony. The PS5 probably will have exclusives. So PC3, who knows. That'll confuse you further! :)

Maybe they'll implement it better across the range, just as if it were on a PC, they'll give us sliders with recommended options & leave it to us to choose what settings we prioritise.

Leave the core game & physics but let us adjust things like what's available in the PC version (shadow's, AA, textures etc)

I'll be fine with that.

Wait i'm confuse :confused: does this means pc3 is gonna shift for the ps4/ps5, xb1/xbx? :banghead: Really didn't wanna hear that cause that can only mean those old systems will just hinder the game :banghead:

Relax, I'm pretty sure it just relates to first party games, ie FM, FH & Halo etc.

I'm driving my p1 gtr right now with a smile on my face i cant get more relax then that :lol::embarrassed:

I just want pc3 to be a real next gen game have that next gen feel to it and that wont happen if its across gen game :(

I'm sure it will be buddy :)

I'm driving my p1 gtr right now with a smile on my face i cant get more relax then that :lol::embarrassed:

I just want pc3 to be a real next gen game have that next gen feel to it and that wont happen if its across gen game :(
I thought you were on PC anyway

I'm done saying the phrase "next gen". Makes you just a slave to the handouts that "The Man" allows you to have and the limits that comes with them in the SIM racing genre. :)
Unless you're that into the proprietary software that follows this company or that company in the console market I guess.
(Of course I'm kidding. Kind of. Well, not really. Nope, not kidding.)

I thought you were on PC anyway
Nahh i'm a console gamer pass/present and future ;)

I don't even have pc2 install on my pc since i bought the deluxe version for ps4.

I'm done saying the phrase "next gen". Makes you just a slave to the handouts that "The Man" allows you to have and the limits that comes with them in the SIM racing genre. :)
Unless you're that into the proprietary software that follows this company or that company in the console market I guess.
(Of course I'm kidding. Kind of. Well, not really. Nope, not kidding.)

But they are next gen :lol: And yeah all things have limitations but overall pc3 will be above and beyond anything possible on current gen and that's more then enough atleast for me.

Last edited:
Regarding the XBox announcement and the context I read it in on a few different websites the statement first of all was hinted at release daty exclusives, possibly with the extention up to a year. Whereas Sony has announced there will be exclusives upon release.

In this context I doubt this applies to Third Party games but more towards platform exclusives. I can't imagine Microsoft having the long term vision that every game should be playable on the current gen. But as a matter of client satisfaction they don't want to push their customers into buying a new, expensive, console.

Maybe they'll implement it better across the range, just as if it were on a PC, they'll give us sliders with recommended options & leave it to us to choose what settings we prioritise.

Leave the core game & physics but let us adjust things like what's available in the PC version (shadow's, AA, textures etc)

I'll be fine with that.
The main reason PC2 is so much better on PC is that the CPUs on Xbone and PS4 are very very weak.

I can't see SMS wanting to make PCR/3 scalable to those old platforms as it would limit the potential of their game engine. Power of next gen is going to allow SMS have game engines on PC and console that allow cross platform racing. And I really hope they go that way.

Back