Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Wait i just saw classic monza only has the gp version but not the oval and the combine version?

Yet on the official site it says 5 layouts?

That should be both current and the 3 classic so whats the deal?

YEGkmSJ.png

Been a while since I've lasted posted here....

I've seen the first few pages of this thread the other day & it's waaaaaaay less toxic than what I've been seeing on social media & even from my IRL mates.

With that being said, I wanted to ask. Many are complaining that PCars 3 no longer stays true to the "Community Assisted" moniker & I'm doing a little research for a video I'm planning out. Is anyone who's knowledgeable in the in's & outs of the PCars community maybe able to assist me on this in the DMs?

Personally I'm pretty hyped for the next entry. Looks like a lot of fun to play.

Lazy Sunday thought: So you have preordered PC3 or thinking to, and your console’s HD is in a crunch. What racing/driving game (only) are you deleting and why? Discuss.
Me? I don’t really have HD space issues, but I’m looking at you FM7, you are just boring at this point (I’m kind of pissed at Turn 10 right now,)

Last edited:
Oh boy just saw the latest upload video from gameriot and he said that he grinding for almost a hour before he got to around 10k money so that means money is not easy to come by. :indiff:

Really hope that's just early and later races give out alot more money.

Lazy Sunday thought: So you have preordered PC3 or thinking to, and your console’s HD is in a crunch. What racing/driving game (only) are you deleting and why? Discuss.
Me? I don’t really have HD space issues, but I’m looking at you FM7, you are just boring at this point (I’m kind of pissed at Turn 10 right now,)
Well, I had to make a tough decision. All things being equal, I would've deleted GT Sport. But my friends play it, so I had to make the decision to delete Project Cars 2.

Oh boy just saw the latest upload video from gameriot and he said that he grinding for almost a hour before he got to around 10k money so that means money is not easy to come by. :indiff:

The career progress does seem rather odd, it seems like you only get credits from leveling up and not from races themselves. If this is the case at least custom races award XP since theoretically longer races will award more points.

First, I would wait for some in-depth reviews, which hopefully will start coming out starting from tomorrow.
It will be interesting to see Scaff first opinions also.

I am tempted to buy the game, because I really want a new racing game (and unfortunately so far ACC console port has been proven to be so poor to be almost unplayable), but the whole bunch of information and marketing released in the last two months has refrained me to do so.

Also, the ''move'' to launch the Deluxe Edition with the 3-days Early Access sounds to me the try to cash grab as much as they can before the actual reviews are out. It might not be the case, but with all the ''marching band songs'' that SMS has shared with us recently, I am now extremely cautious with them.

At this point, I lowered down so much my expectation on the motorsport side, and I would be happy to have a honest racing game with good handling, decent physics (at least on par with PCars2 without the ''missing'' items), and good graphics/sound.
For example, I would be extremely disappointed if on OneX the game will run at lower resolution than PC2 to keep the 60fps (if I am not wrong, on PC2 the 60fps were granted with a floating resolution between 1080p and 1600p).
I would actually expect some improvements here, given the fact that all complexity for the tire model has been cut out.

Also, the ''move'' to launch the Deluxe Edition with the 3-days Early Access sounds to me the try to cash grab as much as they can before the actual reviews are out. It might not be the case, but with all the ''marching band songs'' that SMS has shared with us recently, I am now extremely cautious with them

The "3 days early access" thing is pretty much standard for Deluxe versions of games at this point. If they were that worried about getting people to buy it before reviews came out they wouldn't have given every other streamer access and free reign to stream it.

The "3 days early access" thing is pretty much standard for Deluxe versions of games at this point. If they were that worried about getting people to buy it before reviews came out they wouldn't have given every other streamer access and free reign to stream it.

Again, with a normal case I would agree with you.
But being SMS, I have an extra layer of cautiouness.

What goes around, comes around.

EDIT: Also because a lot of these streams are part of the Codemasters Racing Ahead Program, so it might be the case that was not a SMS decision.

Last edited:

Races don't give you money. You get paid by leveling up. There's also a fix amount of credits per level. You need to level up 10 times foor the next level. So from lv1 to lv2 you will get 60k(10 x 6,000 cr). By the time you reach lv2 you will unlock D-class races. Good... time to buy a new car. How much are D-class cars? 40-55k? So it's ok, you think. You have enough to buy a new car. You could be wrong. There are races that require a specific car to complete. Like the Mustang in E-class. Be careful how you spend the credits at the beginning. Saw a stream from Khuru and Straightuphippo and both got stuck at some point because they spend all the money on the wrong car/tune.
Sure, you can level up doing custom events or rivals... But still kind of grindy for my taste. The game desperately needs some sort of shark-cards. JK

Seeing the grind in career seems to fairly awful and the messy car classes, I don't think I'll pick up the game on a console. I hope the pCARS modders will be around for pCARS 3 with the unpacked files, might be able to fix the car classes if the file structure is not too different from pCARS 1.

Also a random thought, maybe the changes made on pCARS 3 is due to the game director wanted to make what DriveClub originally planned to be:

Seeing the grind in career seems to fairly awful and the messy car classes, I don't think I'll pick up the game on a console. I hope the pCARS modders will be around for pCARS 3 with the unpacked files, might be able to fix the car classes if the file structure is not too different from pCARS 1.
I'm still hoping that we can sell cars at the full price. If that is the case than the grind will not be a problem for me.
As for the car classes concern... I can't see how will you fix it since there's no GT4, GT3 or GTE classes(for example) to begin with.

From the interviews, you should be able to run any custom race with any car without the career mode but if you wanted to play with upgraded cars you will need the career.

But is not clear yet if for the custom races is possible to restrict the choice of opponents to certain cars, correct?

For example having a custom race made only by the real Gr.3 cars?

But is not clear yet if for the custom races is possible to restrict the choice of opponents to certain cars, correct?

That doesn't appear to be possible. It looks like you can do single model races.

You can't. There's no Gr.3 class. You can choose the same PI, identical cars or same class. The same class mean that you will be driving your Gr.3 with GTE, V8, NASCAR etc.

That doesn't appear to be possible. It looks like you can do single model races.

I still have the hope that they could let us ''pick and choose'' the opponents' cars.
Similarly to AC when you create the custom championship, you can actually select individually every other opponents' car.

This will be truly good.

I still have the hope that they could let us ''pick and choose'' the opponents' cars.
Similarly to AC when you create the custom championship, you can actually select individually every other opponents' car.

This will be truly good.

That would be great, maybe they can add it in as it isn't there for launch it seems.

You can't. There's no Gr.3 class. You can choose the same PI, identical cars or same class. The same class mean that you will be driving your Gr.3 with GTE, V8, NASCAR etc.

See my other reply, there could be a possible (and easily implementable) workaround even if preset cars' classes are mixed (sorry, messed) up.

I'm still hoping that we can sell cars at the full price. If that is the case than the grind will not be a problem for me.
As for the car classes concern... I can't see how will you fix it since there's no GT4, GT3 or GTE classes(for example) to begin with.

If they are sold back in full price, it might be fine but I still think it will be annoying to buy the 1 car you like and notice you can't progress with it.

If the file structure is similar to pCARS 1 and modders did unpacked files for it. In pCARS 1 if you create new classes the class logo will just be a white box since the game doesn't have the logo. I remember squeezing LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 as a single class to run Le Mans back in pCARS 1.

Last edited:
Back