Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
For now the only two things which can make me buy this game is:

Lots of people playing online which will work well. I really like schedule races idea, lets hope their system will work well.

and VR support for PS5.

Those two things can make this game worth some money. I would treat it like some kind of Driveclub 2 then. But i think i will wait for discount and some DLC to come.

TheKie25 said yesterday during a stream, that it looks terrible on the PS4 and has frame drops, this is without the patch though.
Guess we'll find out this week if the patch improves things, but it's not looking good for my poor xbox S :nervous:

Same concerns as me with my old PS4 slim. Project Cars 2 looked gash on base PS4 when compared to PC1 with terrible aliasing and jaggies everywhere, thank god the physics compensated for it somewhat. Nothing I’ve seen from PC3 footage makes me feel it’s been rectified in the new game either. Pretty sure Matt212 on YouTube was showing off the game running on PS4 and the visuals do look sub-par as an understatement. Hopefully some of the post-release patches can improve things but not holding my breath.

So what's everyone's prediction for the metacritic score? I'm going with a 83 which from all i seen seems fair. :)

I'm expecting the Metacritic score to be in the 80-89 range, maybe more towards the lower end. Even if it is below that prediction, it doesn't affect my perception of the game.

As for IGN, I'm expecting 8.5-9.0 considering Project CARS 2 got a 9.2 and Shift 2 Unleashed received an 8.5.

I'm still hoping that we can sell cars at the full price. If that is the case than the grind will not be a problem for me.
As for the car classes concern... I can't see how will you fix it since there's no GT4, GT3 or GTE classes(for example) to begin with.

If they are sold back in full price, it might be fine but I still think it will be annoying to buy the 1 car you like and notice you can't progress with it.

If the file structure is similar to pCARS 1 and modders did unpacked files for it. In pCARS 1 if you create new classes the class logo will just be a white box since the game doesn't have the logo. I remember squeezing LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 as a single class to run Le Mans back in pCARS 1.

Nope, saw a GameRiot video and the sell price of cars is around half of what you pay for them.

I'm expecting the Metacritic score to be in the 80-89 range, maybe more towards the lower end. Even if it is below that prediction, it doesn't affect my perception of the game.

As for IGN, I'm expecting 8.5-9.0 considering Project CARS 2 got a 9.2 and Shift 2 Unleashed received an 8.5.

IGN will give it a high score. Around the 9s I'm sure. Metacritic closer to 80, user score I dread to think, maybe 4 or 5.

Yep, it’s the exact same.

Ive been back on Shift 2 to see how much PC3 has in common, next week will give me the real answer.

Retro Rewind - NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

TheKie25 said yesterday during a stream, that it looks terrible on the PS4 and has frame drops, this is without the patch though.
Guess we'll find out this week if the patch improves things, but it's not looking good for my poor xbox S :nervous:

If it looks similar to PC2 on my Xbox S then that'll be good enough for me. I'll take a hit on graphics if its actually fun to play on controller-unlike PC2..

Guess I'll find out in three days..

The day one patch i was afraid it would be over 30 GB :(

With places like the uk only being a few hours away from playing it i think is time for this gif :lol:
vwMin.gif

This looks horrible.

IndyCar in PCARS2 was done well. The only few things I'd want extra are the short oval kits and downforce changes in the pits and an improvement in the accuracy in the pit lane speed. But they've gone so far backwards. 99 laps maximum. Road course kits on ovals, AI look like they don't work out on ovals at all. Visual damage only. Nothing looks right and that's before we touch on the fuel/tyre wear and tyre temperatures/pressures.

What a joke.

If it looks similar to PC2 on my Xbox S then that'll be good enough for me. I'll take a hit on graphics if its actually fun to play on controller-unlike PC2..

Guess I'll find out in three days..

I had no problem with the visuals but I couldn't even race against 9 AI without frame drops on certain tracks, like Willow Springs. :( I accepted frame drops on GT6, but after FM7 it's hard for me to go back to them, regardless if it's a full sim or not. (First time on Bathurst in FM7 was amazing after playing games in the past which struggled so bad with it.)

Last edited:
I still hope they will actually upgrade it on PS5. Even without Raytracing. Just maxing it out and maybe... adding VR Support?

Do we know the PC specs for having it at 4K60 with high settings?

Do you think a i7-9750, RTX 2060, 16Gb Ram will be enough?

Last edited:
Back