Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
The sense of speed looks more legit in PC3 now. In PC2 it was only decent in cockpit view but they definitely adjusted it for this game.
Yeah, they just enabled all the settings from PC2 and cranked them up to 11. Being able to adjust speed-sensitive dynamic FoV is something only PC2 had, as far as I know. Did any other game have such options?

I'm pretty sure it is possible to make PC2 look almost exactly like PC3. I might do some testing...

Yeah, they just enabled all the settings from PC2 and cranked them up to 11. Being able to adjust speed-sensitive dynamic FoV is something only PC2 had, as far as I know. Did any other game have such options?

I'm pretty sure it is possible to make PC2 look almost exactly like PC3. I might do some testing...
I was messing about with fov settings tonight & thought I'd try a bit of project cars 2+1 (or 3-1 whichever way you want to look at it) & jumped in a Porsche GT3 & for a giggle I turned on all assists (everything except steering & braking).

Set my chase cam fov to 120, turned on adaptive fov, then set minimum fov to 60 & maximum fov to 120. Then minimum speed at 0 & maximum speed at 150 & hey presto.

It was harder to drive than actually racing with my normal sim settings, these newcomers to the series have no chance, by the time I'd reacted to the corner I wanted to turn at I was already at the next.

Warp speed Mr Sulu.

I was messing about with fov settings tonight & thought I'd try a bit of project cars 2+1 (or 3-1 whichever way you want to look at it) & jumped in a Porsche GT3 & for a giggle I turned on all assists (everything except steering & braking).

Set my chase cam fov to 120, turned on adaptive fov, then set minimum fov to 60 & maximum fov to 120. Then minimum speed at 0 & maximum speed at 150 & hey presto.

It was harder to drive than actually racing with my normal sim settings, these newcomers to the series have no chance, by the time I'd reacted to the corner I wanted to turn at I was already at the next.

Warp speed Mr Sulu.

That sounds awful. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

ACC will not pose any real threat to PC3.

The two games don't really overlap... And if they do, I can see how a fan could be buying both of them to enjoy them differently.

GT7 is at least 6 month away with still so many unknowns...

Now is the time for SMS to unload everything they have got, there is no need to hide away...

They want to build up the demand now so people can be hyped up and look forward to buying it...

If SMS doesn't do it, people will simply wait for the next GT or Forza...

C'mon SMS...
Where are the information... @IanBell

Last edited:
Hi so I loved project cars 1 and 2 and yes I’m on a pad and had fun, I watched a video on GameRiot channel showing gameplay and eeew I hate the hud and the map in left corner wtf, no hate as I understand project cars 3 is getting heaps of it but it looked very need for speedy or a mobile ish racer, looked better with hud turned off. Have to wait and see, I’m keen for a project cars 3 but I’ll need to know more before I jump out to pre order.

Also the engineer umm to simple, to grid like, where’s Ben Collins he was brilliant. Not sure I like the engineer I heard in gameplay.

The two games don't really overlap... And if they do, I can see how a fan could be buying both of them to enjoy them differently.

Now is the time for SMS to unload everything they have got, there is no need to hide away...

They want to build up the demand now so people can be hyped up and look forward to buying it...

C'mon SMS...

There is really no rush on their side to dump all the info out all at once if GT7 is that far away and we haven't even heard anything on the next FM game either. With ACC is releasing next week, I don't think it will affect pCARS 3 much since both games now catered for slightly different audience.

They probably wanted to build up more hype much closer to release or at least have the game available to pre-order on all the stores.

Last edited:

C'mon SMS...

Except to get the next gt or for a you will also have to invest in a new console

Except to get the next gt or for a you will also have to invest in a new console

Exactly my point...

ACC poses not threat to PC3
GT7 poses not threat to PC3 because the additional delay and cost...
FOrza is coming later on the next Gen Xbox.

PC3 clearly has a clear free home run to their release.
They don't owe us anything but they owe it to themselves to attract the most customers possible as early as possible, so to start with a bang !

SMS marketing department should be working overtime now.

Personally, I don't think Project CARS 3 is under threat as much as some people may think. After the gameplay videos shown of ACC on mobile console, I think we can easily dismiss that game as a threat. As for Gran Turismo 7, I think it is incredibly wishful thinking to imagine a launch within the next 12 months. If GT7 was expected to launch before the end of the year, the trailer would have said so.

That leaves Forza Motorsport 8 as the remaining threat, which hasn't been officially announced yet. Futhermore, that means Project CARS 3 has the sim racing market to itself on the Playstation 4. Okay, I know ACC exists, but you must really love authentic physics to put up with those visuals.

NewsPC30617.png

Good news for the around 12 nex tracks.... I just hope that SMS is not trying to play with the track/variation concepts.

Hopefully this the start of a steady stream of new info being revealed on a daily basis...

I too hope that we have all previous and existing tracks together with the dozen new tracks,..
Hopefully SMS doesn’t include variations of a track in the count.

And better yet, when they say track, I hope they meant locations...

EDIT:
A Location may have several different Tracks.
A track may have several different variations.
Each variation may be run clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Last edited:
I believe in the video in the other thread they confirmed 40 extra cars and 14 new locations (with various lay-outs) so I think that is a more than decent expansion. Maybe DLC will add a bit more to that total so in terms of content I think we're good.

For me personally I split the game in 3 different areas:
- the career mode: for me what I've read about that with my preference going towards authentic, race weekend simultating championships where you climb up the ladder I can forget about all of that. It strongly hints to short races to earn in game credits (no microtransactions) to improve / edit your car and advance to the next classes. Nothing for me but you can't make everybody happy
- the online part: the implementation of daily scheduled races and rivals mode sounds very good to me and I think for everyone an upgrade as they've said that the old features for your own lobbies are still there. The challenge to test myself against similar skilled (or non-skilled) drivers sounds appealing to me
- the sandbox: this is where I have the biggest questions about what PC3 offers compared to PC2. Is the driving that much better (on a wheel), is the AI that much better or are there other options, like custom championships, that give us a clear upgrade in this area

That being said I'm still awaiting information about the added content in terms of cars and tracks and the news about custom championships which will largely determine if I buy this game day one. Whatever the outcome is I do understand certain decisions made I would just find it very unfortunate if I couldn't take all the available content into a championship which to me is still the core of racing. But I've always argued they should make the game more accessible and fun, unfortunately the things I appreciate most might have fallen victim to that

Again I'd like to explicitly same that I don't judge the game, which might be very good. I just doubt it offers what I'd like to see in a game.

Hopefully this the start of a steady stream of new info being revealed on a daily basis...

I too hope that we have all previous and existing tracks together with the dozen new tracks,..
Hopefully SMS doesn’t include variations of a track in the count.

And better yet, when they say track, I hope they meant locations...

EDIT:
A Location may have several different Tracks.
A track may have several different variations.
Each variation may be run clockwise or counter-clockwise.

The game spot interview said it is 13 new location and each has its select variations but I do wonder will the fictional tracks has that many layout. The Shanghai track shown in gameplay looks rather limited.

Also, it is confirmed that karts got cut this time and very likely its tracks are gone too.

This is not an attempt to disparage anyone who enjoyed driving the karts but I am so glad they are gone.

It may just be my own lack of skill but I must have tried 50 times to start a kart series in career mode and I couldn’t even get past a single practice session without questioning if it was impossible to get these things around the track cleanly.

This is not an attempt to disparage anyone who enjoyed driving the karts but I am so glad they are gone.

They weren't right in PC2 so I think it's a wise decision to cut them and concentrate on other things, I have a tiny bit of real life kart experience and I haven't driven any in a game that felt realistic.

Do we know if the RX cars and tracks have been cut?

Karts for me are always a little bit "meh" in racing games. I love simracing racing because i can drive cars i won't be able to drive in real life. If i would want karting i would go to the nearest kart track.

So I am really glad about this cut. They can put more content I can appreciate.

They should release a 15-minute simracing brief video. Tired of Codemasters' arcade antics.

The game just announced not too long ago, we will see more of it when it gets closer to release and this has nothing to do with Codemasters. Codemasters couldn't drastically change a game in just 6 months of SMS ownership, turning a game into arcade is not as simple as a click of a button.

It may just be my own lack of skill but I must have tried 50 times to start a kart series in career mode and I couldn’t even get past a single practice session without questioning if it was impossible to get these things around the track cleanly.
It's "easy." Just use as little brake as possible and take a smooth racing line, while not letting RPM drop too low. Brakes(well... brake) are very diffucult but thankfully you barely need them as the karts aren't super fast and they are super narrow. It's a lot different than driving any of the cars though.

And be extra careful with curbs because compared to regular cars it's as if the curbs are all three feet high.

Karts for me are always a little bit "meh" in racing games. I love simracing racing because i can drive cars i won't be able to drive in real life. If i would want karting i would go to the nearest kart track.

So I am really glad about this cut. They can put more content I can appreciate.

Same here, id rather just go my kart track here and have fun with my friends.

Wich reminds me of the karting tournament we're having on the 28th of this month. I should really go get some seat time before then.

It's "easy." Just use as little brake as possible and take a smooth racing line, while not letting RPM drop too low. Brakes(well... brake) are very diffucult but thankfully you barely need them as the karts aren't super fast and they are super narrow. It's a lot different than driving any of the cars though.

And be extra careful with curbs because compared to regular cars it's as if the curbs are all three feet high.

Now do that with a game pad.

I wonder what inch perfect really means. Laser scan would be below that right?

Problem being laser scan costs money...

My opinion, what was laser scanned in pC2 was updated to match better today's reality and a couple more are laser scanned to.

But I do remember Nords before and after in pC forums and SMS version wasn't as far off as one might expect which really was a surprise at the time for me. Still prefer laser scan obviously, especially because of road texture in the braking points... assuming the track wasn't repaved at laser scan time :D

Back