Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
Maybe I misunderstood something but it seemed to me that PC version of PC2 had a different photomode than console versions of the game.
Maybe it is slightly different because they have the use of a mouse which would probably make things easier. If not exactly the same I'm sure there will be a version on consoles.

I also remember somebody saying the photomode version for console being like a little bit wattered down. Can't confirm though, but it would make sense since pc2 took these current gen consoles to them friggin' limits.

PC2 has been quite a joy of a ride 3 years after, and I have nothing but good words for all those involved in its creation, specially for being some sort of..., indy hybrid?, pc3 must however be approached from a different perspective. That's why i say some posts before don't trust that guy..., and yeah, specially that kind of guy.

I’m pretty excited for 8pm tonight (when deluxe unlocks for me). I can’t remember the last game I was legitimately excited to play on release day. After watching some more videos I got even more excited.....def giving me the shift 3/driveclub vibes.

They got me with early access.
Just hope I can get a refund (never tried before) if the frame rate is still poor. Won't take me long to find out, as the first thing I'll be doing is heading to everyone's favourite track Willow Springs.

Last edited:
They got me with early access.
Just hope I can get a refund (never tried before) if the frame rate is still poor. Won't take me long to find out, as the first thing I'll be doing is heading to everyone's favourite track Willow Springs.
I do badly want early access. But right now I just can't justify the money. And I'd only be playing about 4 hours if I pushed it. Wife wants to play monster hunter world with me this evening....I try not to discourage her gaming :lol:

As for Willow springs being everyone's favorite......I....uh....didnt know that:boggled:

I do badly want early access. But right now I just can't justify the money.

It's only because I had an extra day of work this week.

As for Willow springs being everyone's favorite......I....uh....didnt know that:boggled:

That was the joke. But personally I like it and have missed it since moving from GT6 to FM7.

Last edited:
I do badly want early access. But right now I just can't justify the money. And I'd only be playing about 4 hours if I pushed it. Wife wants to play monster hunter world with me this evening....I try not to discourage her gaming :lol:

Wish my wife would play monster hunter more often :)

Hi everyone. Im thinking of buying the game but im not sure if i should do it now or wait for when the next gen consoles release. Did anyone hear anything about what pc3 plans for next gen are?

My take on this is that if they aren’t offering a free upgrade for next gen like plenty of other games, they either aren’t planning one, or are planning to charge for the next gen version if it will exist

It varies, sometimes CDkeys is cheaper. Although I think ShopTo now has a deal with Sony, which helps.

Sorry @Benny44 I don't know of an equivalent from over the "pond". I expect there is one though.
I'll have to give it a try when I get a chance

I have a dilemma. I've just noticed that the full game of the year version of DiRT Rally 2.0 is on offer in the the PSN store for £15.99 Seems good value!

And since Pcars 3 has removed rallycross... I'm not sure what to buy now. :P

I have a dilemma. I've just noticed that the full game of the year version of DiRT Rally 2.0 is on offer in the the PSN store for £15.99 Seems good value!

I’m conflicted in what I would recommend :D

DiRT Rally 2.0 has almost all the 2019 World RX season content by the way, if that helps.

depends on what you fancy dirt 2 needs laser focus but is rewarding to learn, it makes me rage quit quite a bit but its superb handling... I bet PC3 will be discounted come black friday...

It's free via game pass for me.
Yes the "base" game was free with Plus but if I downloaded it I'd have to pay for the extra content. And if my Plus runs out I couldn't play it!

I’m conflicted in what I would recommend
I thought you might be. :P
All that RX content sounds interesting though.

Maybe I'll let PC3 mature with a few updates first before a purchase. Still thinking about it.
And there is this
I bet PC3 will be discounted come black friday...

I also remember somebody saying the photomode version for console being like a little bit wattered down. Can't confirm though, but it would make sense since pc2 took these current gen consoles to them friggin' limits.
On PS4, what I recall is that one of the updates broke some of the photomode features, and they never came back.

Just buy it :D it’s fantastic

Definitely Dirt Rally 2.0. It is the best rally game on current gen, and if you like Rallycross... it is also the best rallycross game. I personally think much batter than PC2 rallycross.

So what's the verdict from the folks who played it last night?¿?
This is a game that should not be purchased until Black Friday in a few months because it will be HEAVILY DISCOUNTED. At least I hope so, because in my opinion this is not worth anything close to the $60 asking price when I can get GRID, FH4, and DIRT Rally 2.0 combined for the same price as this.

But if money isn’t an issue and you’re curious then might as well pull the trigger for yourself.

EDIT: Apologies if this is the wrong thread as I now see this is the “hype” thread and not the main overall thread with reviews. I do not intend to rain on anybody’s parade.

Last edited:
It depends what you're looking for. But the reviews are generally positive. Well, almost all positive. But it depends on if you really need a hardcore sim game or not.
I'm just looking for opinions from genuine players, that's all.
My pal played it last night and gave the physics and ffb a thumbs up. That's what I'm most concerned about.

I'm just looking for opinions from genuine players, that's all.
My pal played it last night and gave the physics and ffb a thumbs up. That's what I'm most concerned about.
Yeah I get that. I'm still waiting for IGN's review to drop. Scaff over on the main thread has some thoughts as well to go along with Magpieracer

Back