Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
My pal played it last night and gave the physics and ffb a thumbs up
The thing is that many people who played PC2 for the first time also say exactly the same. But if they give it a chance and get used to it they begin to really enjoy it. It might be the same with PC3 in that it needs time to adapt. Particularly if you're coming from something you're very familiar with. New players with no expectations may enjoy it more from the beginning.

@FT-1 I enjoyed driveclub, although I only played it after it went offline. I'm looking for more of a Gran Turismo experience. Not GTS, but the numbered ones. Other notable driving games I've loved are the Toca games and Forza 4.

If you've played them, how would you say it compares?

@FT-1 I enjoyed driveclub, although I only played it after it went offline. I'm looking for more of a Gran Turismo experience. Not GTS, but the numbered ones. Other notable driving games I've loved are the Toca games and Forza 4.

If you've played them, how would you say it compares?

I would compare it to Forza and GT in terms of progression and structure - Career mode is focused on working your way up to high-performance cars and some events require certain vehicles and specifications, which is very much like a traditional GT Mode. :)

I would compare it to Forza and GT in terms of progression and structure - Career mode is focused on working your way up to high-performance cars and some events require certain vehicles and specifications, which is very much like a traditional GT Mode. :)
Thanks! Would you say the handling is around the same realism as those titles? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks! Would you say the handling is around the same realism as those titles? Sorry for all the questions!
Kie said last night its easier on a pad in PC3 than pad in GT Sport if that's means anything to you, I think you have a wheel though?

Handling I would say is most comparable to Forza, but the suspension movement is a tad more prominent and cars are keen to slide. The camera motion effects make it look like Driveclub and GRID Autosport, but the handling has more depth than the latter (Can't compare it to how Driveclub feels since I haven't had hands-on experience with that game)

Thanks guys! That's what I was hoping to hear. From some things I was hearing they made it sound like NFS and I was starting to get cold feet. And yes @MaccaUeno I do have a wheel.....just bought it a few months ago. I've been hearing different things about wheel controls. But I'm not too worried as that's something that can be easily rectified with a patch or two

Okay, I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered PS4 version. Opinions are divisive but I hope I'll enjoy this and PC3 will replace Gran Turismo Sport as my go-to racing game for a while. Otherwise it will be an awful waste of money :scared:

Glowing review for the PS4 version, 4.8 out of 5
https://www.cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/projectcars3review.html

Closing thoughts:

For a car or racing enthusiast, Project Cars 3 has a lot to offer. The depth of customizing, upgrading, and tuning up cars is impressive. The track-time experience is a lot of fun and generally feels realistic. When you pause it to enter “Photo Mode,” there’s also a variety of customization options to capture the drama of a race. The only question I have is how/if they will reoptimize for the next gen consoles. If you’re big on racing games, while it doesn’t really offer much that’s new to the equation, Project Cars 3 is a buy. See you on the track.

Event with changing weather conditions is still a superb experience. Seeing the track get wet and puddles form and it all behaves as you would expect it. Same for drying line coming up when the rain stops. With a C-class road car and the default settings on the X360 controller this is totally managable and doable, even by a mediocre racer such as myself.

Azure Coast with a C-class road car is absolutely awesome. And again, totally doable with a controller.

Event with changing weather conditions is still a superb experience. Seeing the track get wet and puddles form and it all behaves as you would expect it. Same for drying line coming up when the rain stops. With a C-class road car and the default settings on the X360 controller this is totally managable and doable, even by a mediocre racer such as myself.

Azure Coast with a C-class road car is absolutely awesome. And again, totally doable with a controller.
The reviews for this are all over the place. It just seems like those who go into it with no expectations really enjoy it, while those who are thinking project cars don't like it. I have a bad tooth this week, so I can't preorder it, but I'm still planning on getting it, possibly tomorrow evening. I won't be able to sink my teeth into it until Sunday evening though. And I'm hoping I can convince some gaming buddies to try it, since they didn't like project cars 1&2

The reviews for this are all over the place. It just seems like those who go into it with no expectations really enjoy it, while those who are thinking project cars don't like it.

I'm an experienced WMD/PC1/PC2 veteran and I still judge a game as-is. Marketing-wise SMS/Bandai-Namco/Codemaster really dropped the ball here. And then there's of course the ever-toxic and tribal simracing community. Over the years I've learned to not trust either of them. ;) But that's mostly what it is: wrong expectations. Once you let that go it's a pretty great game, though not without its fair share of issues.

I heard that there are endurance races in career mode in invitational races or bonus don’t know exacly. Can someone make video of showing this type of races in menu? Just curious what kind of races are there.

I heard that there are endurance races in career mode in invitational races or bonus don’t know exacly. Can someone make video of showing this type of races in menu? Just curious what kind of races are there.
There is a section with this. I think you get invited after doing things like x number of races in Italian cars or I think you can unlock with in game credits. I only looked at the menu briefly earlier.

Just looked and there are 48 of them showing

There is a section with this. I think you get invited after doing things like x number of races in Italian cars or I think you can unlock with in game credits. I only looked at the menu briefly earlier.

Just looked and there are 48 of them showing

Thanks!

They say PC3 has 120+ events in the career, are these invitational ones included?

I'm an experienced WMD/PC1/PC2 veteran and I still judge a game as-is. Marketing-wise SMS/Bandai-Namco/Codemaster really dropped the ball here. And then there's of course the ever-toxic and tribal simracing community. Over the years I've learned to not trust either of them. ;) But that's mostly what it is: wrong expectations. Once you let that go it's a pretty great game, though not without its fair share of issues.

Now that is the proper attitude to have on this. The tribalism and dismissiveness (spell-check doesn't like that) is on the short short list for the worst things about simracing. And SMS's statements over the years haven't exactly done them a lot of favors.

Okay so road e has 16 and I have not unlocked any others. There are 48 invitations and 48 challenge event. There are 10 categories to unlock road a to d. Hyper car. Gt c to a and gt open.

My guess is 16 events per 10 cats plus 48 invitation events gives 228 events maybe?

Edit just paid to unlock road d also 16 events.

Back