Project CARS 3 Information Rundown: Revamped Career, New Cars, and More

I hope when it mentions "new" cars, this comes back. As in, 'new' to this game. :sly:

SS15_128.jpg

I painted mine Toyota beige with Centerline wheels. Love this car.
Centerline_000P_ConvoPro_Polished_Angle.jpg

images

I like this „we copy Forza“ and the addition of credits and xp.

Really appreciate.

only thing that bugs me.

they say summer 2020.
So thats very soon - hope they don‘t delay.

can‘t wait to see the full carlist :dopey:

No worries. The Koenigsegg Jesko will be FM8's cover car, whereas the Corvette C8 Stingray will be included in the game's car list (along with its race version hopefully). 👍

As for PC3, I am excited for it! I definitely see some NFS Shift-ness in there, which has me hyped because that game was a CarRPG and I LOVE CarRPGs thanks to GT and Forza. :)

Loving this new direction the game is taking in terms of fun.

Applause well said sir. All the negative comments for this game upsets me (crying)

It sounds more like they've developed the pad controls and refined the assists rather than stripped the 'sim' away. It has to appeal to a mass market to make money so they can keep making it. So this is a very good move and one I'm personally very excited to get my hands on. Its been in development for quite a long time as well so hopefully there will be a very refined game coming.

Let's hope this is true. PCars2 was already absurdly easy (I have a good wheel, I DO understand this is not the case with a controller). Fun? Absolutely, but get in a good SIM and you knew right away why PCars2 always made you feel like such a "Hero driver." I have no problem if they tweak the assists to make it easier for those who want it to be so, but let's hope they haven't destroyed what SIM elements they had.

So, if I can tune a Honda Civic to TCR/BTCC spec, can I share that tune and can I have AI use the same tune, to race evenly in a Custom race?

So, if I can tune a Honda Civic to TCR/BTCC spec, can I share that tune and can I have AI use the same tune, to race evenly in a Custom race?

I think all you need is run the touring car class and the AI will use the Civic TCR (if it exist in game). Pretty sure only the road cars will have parts upgrades like tyres and turbo then once you convert it to a race car everyone will be racing in the same class of car.

The Honda Civic and Civic TCR probably count as different cars in the car list.

I think all you need is run the touring car class and the AI will use the Civic TCR (if it exist in game). Pretty sure only the road cars will have parts upgrades like tyres and turbo then once you convert it to a race car everyone will be racing in the same class of car.

The Honda Civic and Civic TCR probably count as different cars in the car list.
Trying to remember Shift. When we upgraded a car, didn't AI upgrade as well?

Trying to remember Shift. When we upgraded a car, didn't AI upgrade as well?

pretty sure they do performance upgrades as well for SHIFT 2 but I think AI don't do aerodynamic upgrades back then. They will go all the way to works kit I think.

I hope pc3 only does a small dose of arcade gimmicks to sell to a larger audience. It will take away from the simulation aspect of the game only in developing time.

I loved the gameplay and features of Shift 2 but not that much the driving "physics" so i hope pcars3 is the full package for me :)

Why have they gone arcade?

The whole reason they set up on their own was to develop a sim and now they are back to arcade.

Dissapointed and i doubt ill buy it now.

As for folk believing the press releases about still a sim underneath. Thats what they said about shift 2.

Which is an amaxing sim just not for cars but as a hovercraft simulator, ive yet to play a better one.

The whole reason they set up on their own was to develop a sim and now they are back to arcade.

As for folk believing the press releases about still a sim underneath. Thats what they said about shift 2.

Which is an amaxing sim just not for cars but as a hovercraft simulator, ive yet to play a better one.

Having more intensive motion blur, camera shake and better gamepad support doesn't mean the sim side of it is dead. Since no one tried the actual game yet, no one really knows is it a sim or arcade either.

Random speculation is pointless.

This craps getting old now. The difference between what they've said about PC3 and what they said about Shift 2 is the game that preceded them. Shift 2 had an excellent driving simulation underneath the surface, and it was vastly more realistic and dynamic than Shift 1.

The devs have been saying that everything you love about PC2 is still there, hasnt changed and has been improved in the areas that needed work.

So yes rhey said Shift 2 was more realistic, and it was much more realistic than the first game. Their comments need to be looked at in context of the respective situations at the time.

I have no doubt that PC3 will have the same depth of driving simulation as PC2, only this time the pad control will have been refined properly.

I really don’t understand the Project Cars 3 release timing. PC2 graphics suffered compared to other sim titles because SMS exhausted the performance of current generation consoles. Focus was placed on physics, track evolution, dynamic weather, tire modeling, and AI. All the things that made PC2 an amazing game to race in, both multiplayer and solo. In fact, I was one of the few that defended SMS saying I’d gladly take improved performance over graphics (which really weren’t as bad as many made them out to be). True, GT Sport was prettier, but racing in PCars 2 was/is so much more gratifying. Especially from a single player perspective. AI actually race side by side instead of the old, very tired, catch the rabbit, rubber banding garbage.

So, if PC3 has a “summer 2020 release,” then it’s fair to say it will be an XBOX One/PS4 title. What has been sacrificed in order to release a “better” game without adding any processing power? Frankly, I was most looking forward to a PS5 release in order to see what SMS could do with more processing power. So it’s my opinion SMS isn’t making sims anymore - they’re just following orders given by Codemasters, which wants to make a game - not a sim. But hey, for $30 million, I’d probably sell my life’s work too.

Maybe there’s another visionary out there like Ian Bell used to be, and hopefully they’re building their dream sim. But for now, I’m actually more excited about Gran Turismo 7 than Project Cars 3 - something I never envisioned myself saying a year ago.

Everyone saying that CM was involved into this, but CM could just say to SMS to realize this wild dream, and start to work on next gen project as fast as possible. It's unfair at this point to say that Codemasters involved in Project Cars 3, except only this possible scenario.

Last edited:
Everyone saying that CM was involved intro this, but CM could just say to SMS to realize this wild dream, and start to work on next gen project as fast as possible. It's unfair at this point to say that Codemasters involved in Project Cars 3, except only this possible scenario.

They won't have had enough time to get involved. PC3 has been in development for around 3 years to our knowledge, could be longer. The short time CM have owned SMS theres no way that they could or would have had any say.

Good point. Also, does anybody know if digital copies will get enhanced?

No word yet. Depends on submission date as I understand it. Anything after 13th July has to be PS5 ready, which would have a knock on for the Xbox.

One more thing, will we be able to sort cars by drivetrain? Seeing that TT in the GT4 category screenshot, I hope we can filter that out. Don't think I can do another GTSport mixed drivetrain category. If the the TT is in the SMS-R TCC/TC category(yes, I know there was a real life GT4 TT), that's fine. I'm all for it racing in its own class with the other FF cars. Love me some TCR. I just want a proper GT4 race, with RWD cars, like we have in PC2.

I kinda assumed the TT is separate class on its own as a cup car in that shot:
GTE, GT3, GT4 and TT cup.

I don’t mind it if it ends up being a TCR but hopefully not a GT4, will be better to have the R8 GT4 in that spot.

One more thing, will we be able to sort cars by drivetrain? Seeing that TT in the GT4 category screenshot, I hope we can filter that out. Don't think I can do another GTSport mixed drivetrain category. If the the TT is in the SMS-R TCC/TC category(yes, I know there was a real life GT4 TT), that's fine. I'm all for it racing in its own class with the other FF cars. Love me some TCR. I just want a proper GT4 race, with RWD cars, like we have in PC2.

To be fair to SMS, their classes are usually very accurate to real life. I imagine the TT will feature in a standalone 1 make series, or be able to be used as a 'cup' class in multi class racing, VLN style.

I dont think sorting by drivetrain would really help as there are series which are genuinely diverse in this respect. Touring cars for example often mixes rear and front wheel drive.

But if pit stops etc. were removed then I'm out.
Why would pit stops be removed? Why wouldn't there be endurance races anymore? Or even the need to pit for wet tires when rain moves in? I'm just asking because I'm way late to the party and have just found out about all the details now.

Why would pit stops be removed? Why wouldn't there be endurance races anymore? Or even the need to pit for wet tires when rain moves in? I'm just asking because I'm way late to the party and have just found out about all the details now.

We don't know, even SMS didn't answered this question clearly. This all have started from a locked pit line on Interlagos in the showcase video.

We don't know, even SMS didn't answered this question clearly. This all have started from a locked pit line on Interlagos in the showcase video.
There was a locked pitlane? Really? :odd:. What if you get damage to your car? There's many reasons to have pitstops other than just endurance races. Yikes.

There was a locked pitlane? Really? :odd:. What if you get damage to your car? There's many reasons to have pitstops other than just endurance races. Yikes.
It could mean anything, from "closed in some game modes" to "screw endurance racers" to "we're going full arcade with lasers and turtle shells" to "We're not done with the changes we're making to it yet." But it is something that immediately stood out and since they aren't saying anything, people are guessing.

Back