Project CARS 3 Likely Won't Get a PS5 or Xbox Series Release

4xes2y.jpg

Jerome

I hope Slighty Mad Studios will redeem themselves and the series with this. PC3 should be a spin-off game, not a part of mainline series. But good that they realized that PC3 is a mistake in their direction and attempts to go back to their hardcore sim approach.

Glad the topic is getting some attention, but it kinda sucks seeing people so negative about it.

I personally enjoy all types of racing games, arcade, or sim. And get that PC3 was targeting a wider audience. I don't feel the game was a mistake, but the name and marketing were. Names, like a brand, carry w/ them a set of expectations for most people. So when things are changed to drastically, many are likely to be left disappointed by unmet expectations, or uninterested based on reputation of previous iterations. Some who may have played previous iterations or demos, may have been jaded (for better or worse) by its handling model. What's worse, they didn't release a new demo for PC3 to showcase/demonstrate changes to "would-be" interested parties. Lastly, those happy w/ previous iterations were left feeling alienated/abandoned by due to the removal of features and challenges and/or lack of hand-holding they may have appreciated. Coupled w/ the imminent arrive of the next generation of consoles, and no announced support for them, I'm not surprised the game isn't doing as well as it could be. There are just too many missteps imo.

An example of a good way to handle changes can be seen with both Dirt and Forza. Dirt identified its arcade line from its sim line w/ the title DiRT "Rally" for its sims, and simply DiRT for its arcade games, and I believe Forza Horizon is now more popular than its mainline Forza Motorsport counterpart. But PC3 reminds me of how NFS Most Wanted 2012 was more of a Burnout game than an evolution of the original title of the same name. Again, failing fan expectations, even though the game was great in its own right. Thus making the Moniker "Most Wanted" a hinderance, than a benefit.

Anywho, I'll likely get around to picking it up at some point. I like what I've seen enough to warrant a buy, maybe when the game goes on sale. I'm really disappointed that it won't be supporting the PS5 & DualSense natively though. Guess GT7 is my only hope for now, outside of WRC9 & Ride 4.

PCars' Twitter already said this as early as last October and this is only a news now??

Last edited:
WOW...such negativity, considering SMS set the benchmark for future sims.
You guys seem to forget all the good things they've done as soon as something doesn't turn out the way you wanted it...
If you put things into perspective,i think no one can deny the jump sim racing made (at least on consoles) since pCARS1.
The games have their flaws,but they were in fact revolutionary.

WOW...such negativity, considering SMS set the benchmark for future sims.
You guys seem to forget all the good things they've done as soon as something doesn't turn out the way you wanted it...
If you put things into perspective,i think no one can deny the jump sim racing made (at least on consoles) since pCARS1.
The games have their flaws,but they were in fact revolutionary.
pCARS has never set the standard for sims. Ever.

I purchased pCARS1 and would barely be able to play it due to the insane loading times. Driving with a pad was as impossible as it was on Shift 2. The whole game felt like more of a beta than GT5 did at first.

pCARS 2 was a (necessary) improvement, but so many issues from 1 carried over to 2 that it felt as though the development team was either unresponsive or didn’t care about many of the games inherent flaws.

On its own, pCARS2 was still a large improvement despite these issues. But compared to the likes of iRacing, AC (and later ACC), it simply didn’t measure up in many instances. The hardcore, wheel-using fan base it targeted simply had better options.

For those that actually stuck with the franchise despite its shortcomings, the true diehard fans who loved the series, they were rewarded for their loyalty with the complete mess of dog dirt that was pCARS 3, a game which over promised and under delivered in nearly every metric, nevermind that it was a complete departure from everything that the diehard fans appreciated about the franchise.

It’s redeeming qualities (of which I grant it does have) are made nearly meaningless due to the fact that it is such an insult to the very audience base who has supported the franchise to the point where a third game was even financially viable.

And do things look better on the horizon? Judging by Ian Bell’s comments on how we’ll be getting “the real leaf simulator” in the next release, I would have to say no, there have been no lessons learned in all of this by the dev team.

Even a team like PD, with all their stubbornness and refusal to move their games into the modern age, have still learned from their failures of GT5 and 6, and responded to fans request in a quicker fashion to move with the times while keeping the overall ethos of the series in tact, keeping the true “Gran Turismo” fans largely quelled.

The same cannot be said for SMS at this point.

I remember when pCARS 1 was first announced. I remember seeing teaser images and being so excited. So thrilled for a hardcore sim I could play on my console instead of having to fully build a PC and create a setup in my small bedroom to play it. And I’ll never forget my disappointment when I started it up and realized I was playing what felt like an indie mod of an updated Shift 2.

At this point, people who have lost interest or don’t care about the franchise anymore, and are expressing their negative views, have every right to do so. Some have spent nearly $200 on purchasing the games alone (potentially far more if they purchased peripherals) only to be continuously lied to and misled by the dev team, spearheaded by somebody who seems to not realize that these games do, in fact, even have issues.

I genuinely hope things turn around in the future, and that this can just be reflected on as an angry post by an unsatisfied customer, and that the overall negativity for the franchise will wane, as it did for GT. But I’m losing hope.

Last edited:
I purchased pCARS1 and would barely be able to play it due to the insane loading times. Driving with a pad was as impossible as it was on Shift 2.
That doesn't look right. PC1 has almost direct input with very strange sensitivity curve but still great. Shift 2 has assisted laggy something and it's not possible to steer there. It's completely different. Like I wrote elsewhere PC3 feels like Shift 2 to me a bit.

That doesn't look right. PC1 has almost direct input with very strange sensitivity curve but still great. Shift 2 has assisted laggy something and it's not possible to steer there. It's completely different. Like I wrote elsewhere PC3 feels like Shift 2 to me a bit.
Regardless of the cause, I spent hours playing with the settings for controller inputs (as I did not yet have a wheel that was compatible on next gen consoles) and no matter what settings I tried, or who’s guide I followed online, the controls felt as difficult, cumbersome, and useless to drive with as Shift 2; the only way to play the game seemed to be with a wheel.

Regardless of the cause, I spent hours playing with the settings for controller inputs (as I did not yet have a wheel that was compatible on next gen consoles) and no matter what settings I tried, or who’s guide I followed online, the controls felt as difficult, cumbersome, and useless to drive with as Shift 2; the only way to play the game seemed to be with a wheel.
I don't know, I came too late to PC1 so maybe some patch fixed it but Shift 2 is rather arcade and PC1 was a sim (direct input makes sense). PC1 is easily playable the same as other sims. The only strange thing is sensitivity curve no other game has. Still steering on a pad in PC1 is the best experience I have ever had in racing games. The cars feel so good. So it's very playable, PC2 is not that great but mostly the same and AMS2 is very similar to PC2 (maybe the same).

Last edited:
You forgot the fact that Reiza are doing things with the madness engine on AMS2 (ie listening to feed back & addressing issues) that SMS should've done with PC or PC2 at least.

You forgot the fact that Reiza are doing things with the madness engine on AMS2 (ie listening to feed back & addressing issues) that SMS should've done with PC or PC2 at least.

So do you really think SMS isn't involved in that?

So do you really think SMS isn't involved in that?
It would've been nice if they stayed involved with their own game, ie PC2.

I don't want to argue with you Konan, I love PC2 despite it's flaws, I own the deluxe version + the extra Japanese pack, I play the game daily (minimum 3 hrs), I bought a new 4k hdr screen & a 1X just to play it because I missed out on PC1 due to only having a PS3. (PC3 isn't my cup of tea)

I don't hate SMS, just disappointed. I see the same thing happening here like I did with CM & the toca/grid series or Polyphony & GT. Instead of listening to what your fans want & increase the player base of a good game. You're just going off doing what you think is best & alienating you're original fans so they're going to look elsewhere.

I'm looking forward to seeing PC4, but I'm very cautious at the moment.

Last edited:
That tweet wasn't written by Ian Bell. I'm disappointed, I want some entertainment :lol:

He’ll be back just in time to market the new game, I’m sure it will be a “revolution”.

Plus right now he’s busy working on the console that’s surely going to be “beyond next gen”. ;)

pCARS has never set the standard for sims. Ever.
On its own, pCARS2 was still a large improvement despite these issues. But compared to the likes of iRacing, AC (and later ACC), it simply didn’t measure up in many instances. The hardcore, wheel-using fan base it targeted simply had better options.
Compared to iRacing or ACC, PCARS2 is packed with content and excellent value for money. Compared to AC, PCARS2 is more of a complete game with more content out of the box, much easier to play with a controller in my opinion, and around the same level in terms of sim realism.

You are right about SMS and PCARS3, but PCARS2 is the current benchmark sim for some, and rightfully so if you ask me. It depends on what you're looking for.

Back