Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Was just on PC2 most of last night checking out some of the new mods that are out. The new 06' Ford GT and Dodge Challenger Hellcat are wonderful by the way, and the game is just as immersive and far from mediocre that I can remember. I'm not sure what parts are "riddled" but I have to assume that has to do more so with online as I don't race too much online.
I went just about half a lap on COTA with an AI next to me fighting the whole time. Taking turn after turn side by side, it was anything but mediocre.

You can't just release PC3 as a bug fix of PC2. The same as Bealdor I'm not going to start an arguement about my PC2 experience on PS4.
I assume an upgraded version with some new features, cars and tracks and a lot of polishment in general would do though.

Yes the game has imperfections and maybe even a few bugs but in my opnion the people that find this game unplayable either are more into arcade racing or have a hard time with basically every game coming out these days.

We must be playing different games then.
I've seen your Pc1 vs PC2 thread and I couldn't disagree more with your observations, but maybe out different experiences are simply down to the different platforms (PS4 vs PC) we're using and probably the input method (are you using a wheel or controller?).

I've said my fair share about PCARS 2's physics and why they were ahead of the competition at release (and even now, except for maybe ACC which took a lot of "inspiration" from PCARS 2) so I'm not going to bother you with that but I personally can't agree with you describing the game as "mediocre", sorry.
Not gonna deny the bugs though. Especially MP can be a frustrating experience from what I've read (I'm a 99% offline racer).

I am not here to start an argument either. I am on PS4 with a T150. Haven't done one single race online so me as well an offline player. We both experience different things and it surely will dépend on how we engage with the game, the time we invest and what we ask of it. Yes, I prefer PC1 largely over PC2 in terms of playability but that's me.

I hope for PC3 they achieve to satisfy a larger playerbase but I sincerely think Slightly Mad should seriously get out a polished product at launch. Maybe with Codies behind they'll manage but now that Codies is involved, I worry about the businessmodel being applied.

:cheers:

I wouldn't be here if not for LiveTrack, roadcars, rallycross, the vintage classes, and the sweet selection of little lesser-known circuits. Not to mention the big improvements in oversteer physics and analog-stick steering in PCARS2 over PCARS1 -- I don't think PCARS2 would have lasted very long with me if it handled and played like the first game.

If SMS had stuck with the basics, I probably would have opted for Assetto Corsa, even on PS4.

I have to come back on a few things in terms of the driving. I've been mainly driving old cars in PC2 and today I tried the modern machinery FORD GTLM, PANOZ and a GT3 machine. Here the wobbly feeling isn't present as do the brakes work perfectly fine. It must have been my experience with the old cars that troubled my vision on the rest of the game.

PC2 is more skittish but the effect is noticable to a lesser extend if you choose cars with better aero and higher griplevels at default. The race in the Ford was fantastic and as was the Panoz. I tried to old cars but used the stable setup indeed. Cars are less wobbly and suite my drivingstyle better.

Another thing noticable is the deadzone that always seems to be present. This wasn't the case in GT3, Panoz and Ford. Cars ran perfectly fine. After fiddling with the wheel setting, the older DTM cars worked better as well.

Still prefer PC1 but PC2 comes a whole lot closer. My opinion on trying to cram too much in a game so nothing stands out was a bit harsh. Still I think though Slightly Mad should focus on circuit racing and the essential stuff! Highly polish their game.

Project CARS 2_20191222194616.png

Last edited:
I'm still pretty new to the game but:
-Alot more user friendly controller/gamepad settings (by default if possible). High end road cars (Road A, B, and some C) can be VERY twitchy.
-Keep dynamic weather/time change, its great. Livetrack is amazing.
-More road cars (Road A, B and C)
-Improved car sounds
-Tire tread marks left on the track when spinning the tires/spinning out
-Pace cars
-Local and full course cautions (maybe restarts with pace car on longer races)
-Animated pit stops
-TV broadcast style commentary before races
-Cinematic race finishes with podium
-More tracks (would love to have Sebring, Road Atlanta, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, VIR, etc.)
-Larger number of AI grids in offline to race against on console
-Multi class races in career mode and online multiplayer (I know you can do multi class in custom race)
-More consistant AI from track to track and class to class.
-Improved online system (the custom options for lobbies are actually very good), larger grid size for online for console (atleast 24 players - would also be great for multi class races)
-IMSA Weathertech license cars (DPi's, P2, GTLM, GTD). I think Forza has these so I'm not sure if this is possible.
-Better anti aliasing.
-Livery editor
-Creating your own team in career mode

Overall just an improved PC2 with added features, cars and better graphics if its going to be on next gen. I dont want to lose any features or settings/options from PC2, especially Livetrack with dynamic weather and time change.

Last edited:
PC2 already has LMP2, GTLM and GTD cars, the only extra would be DPi
Yeah but missing the Porsche RSR in GTLM (unless that came out in a paid car pack), and a few GTD's missing. And I'd love DPi's.
I'd actually like the IMSA license with all cars and tracks so you could run the season in career mode.

Last edited:
Yeah but missing the Porsche RSR in GTLM (unless that came out in a paid car pack), and a few GTD's. And I'd love DPi's.
I'd actually like the IMSA license with all cars and tracks so you could run the season in career mode.

RSR is in the Porsche DLC pack. Great car in the class. I'd like to see it in its 2018 form with all the liveries along with the RSR-19.

RSR is in the Porsche DLC pack. Great car in the class. I'd like to see it in its 2018 form with all the liveries along with the RSR-19.
Never been a Porsche guy myself but the sound of the '18/19 RSR is absolutely incredible. I've heard in person at both 12 hours of Sebring and 24 hours of Daytona. I'm still a Corvette guy and prefer the brutal earth shattering thunderous roar of the C7.R, but the 2018/19 RSR sounds amazing in a different way, more high pitch ear piercing whine, so much louder than previous years, love it. It makes me miss the 458 GTE sound when they switched from N/A to the 488 being turbo'd it got quiet and neutered.

And dont get me started on the C8.R sounding like an angry paper shredder. That deep thunderous roar is gone :(. I'll save that rant for another thread.

Last edited:
Or with a full livery editor and the RSR-19. I'm 100% sure people would put the classic liveries onto the new spec car.
I actually really liked the 2018 RSR standard Black, white, red, and grey livery. But there were alot of great others and throwbacks as well.

Last edited:
Would it be easier to get the licence for the British GT series or European GT4 Championship?

There just don't seem like many different cars in the British series. If PC3 are going to offer a GT4 series, I think basing it on the European Series is best. On the flip, if it costs less to get the British GT licence over getting all official cars from the European Series, I'm fine with that.

It's not my coin, but I'm in favour of more authentic cars, than developer built cars.

Would it be easier to get the licence for the British GT series or European GT4 Championship?
They're both SRO series and SRO have a link with Assetto Corsa so I'd say either series is unlikely. I'd say the International GT Open is a possible GT3 series but that's all that series has.

Getting a few (historic) licenses would be great. Then again I am no expert in lesser known racing classes so I won't bother myself in the discussion which are the best to add

I'm sure a certain historic fan would be happy to chime in with about 400 obscure cars. :lol::lol::lol:

Love you really @Sick Cylinder. :P

Thanks for the love Jake - I need it!

One of the things I like about Project Cars is that they have made some good, logical decisions with historic cars and tracks. Forza and GTS seem to go for a "Museum" style approach i.e. the historic cars are there to be tried (driven) not raced and little to no thought is put into how the gamer could best use the cars. To my mind this is a mistake and putting the cars into appropriate groups provides the greatest benefit to the gamer. I hope SMS continue with their approach - adding to and enriching the groups as well as adding a few important categories, both historic and modern.

It's true that I probably could name 400 obscure cars (as I am a self professed, car obsessed nut!), but the game doesn't need them - I think the addition of about 50 historic race cars and perhaps 6 more classic tracks would be enough to blow other games out of the water. PC2 already has a superior historic race car and track roster to other console titles.

After the current Forza H update, I could see SMS adding the Rover Vitesse BTCC. Also, modern Mini Challenge. That was a category I liked in that, horrible for console, SimBin racing game.

I trust their judgement for car categories. Next game just needs that option of choosing individual cars, for AI, like Assetto Corsa.

After the current Forza H update, I could see SMS adding the Rover Vitesse BTCC. Also, modern Mini Challenge. That was a category I liked in that, horrible for console, SimBin racing game.

I trust their judgement for car categories. Next game just needs that option of choosing individual cars, for AI, like Assetto Corsa.
Hope they let you choose the AI cars, I'm desperate to do a Ginetta only multi class endurance with the gt3, gt4, gt5 & jr.

Not sure why, I just want to.

You can do multi-class. From what I remember, it does something to career mode and online but you just have to enable/disable via jsgme.
People have grids of LMP2, LMP3 and GTE.
I haven't used it in a while but I believe 0.991.17 is the latest version.

1. Real driver swap on multiplayer to do long race
2. More Cars:
  • IMSA DPi Cars
  • TCR Cars
  • Miata Cup
  • V8 Supercars
  • DTM or the old DTM from Project CARS 1
  • Keep the Project CARS 2 Cars + Project CARS 1
3. More Tracks:
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • VIRginia International Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Barber Motorsports Park
  • Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • St. Petersburg Street Circuit
  • Canadian Tire Motorsport Park or Honda Indy Toronto Street Circuit
  • Adelaide
  • More Ovals
4. Better Penalty System
5. Keep The Online Championships and improve it
6. Some type of Safty Car (VSC, FSC)
7. Flag System
8. Online/Multiplayer
  • Possibility to create Teams
  • Some form of Custom Library Example (GT Sport)

*if I think on something else I update my post

Updated 2/2/2020

Last edited:
Just hope that whatever they come out with next does not include any major bugs or issues on release. I think when PC2 was first released that on many tracks that there was a major pile up on the first corner or couple of corners. That was one of the things that really put me off on release.

Other things such as on PC1 on controller settings. If you were to turn off some functions (needed functions). The game would just say some important settings are missing on not let you out of the menu. Except also does on tell you which settings are needed, so have to mess around trial and error until you got what the game requires set. It should of just highlighted the minimum settings that are mandatory. Anyways would say things like this should be clearly thought out, tested and no weird stuff left in game. Entire menu system (user interface) should be vastly improved.

Back