Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Also a fair point - all the classic Lotuseseses get an honourable exception, as does the Formula Rookie now I think about it.

I nearly forgot the Agajanian Watson Roadster - try that for a lap or two of the old Nordschliefe - it has to be the best single player experience available in the whole game! Sadly there are no front engine F1 cars in PC2 so this is the closest I can get to replicating what is widely regarded as the greatest Grand Prix of all time and Fangio's finest ever drive - the 1957 German GP.

If you haven't tried the Agajanian Watson Roadster at the Nordschliefe yet (on default settings) - you must!!! - pure entertainment!!!

@IanBell please include a front engine F1 or F2 car in the next game and please make as good a job of the default settings as you did with the Watson Roadster - you would have my money and I wouldn't need to touch Asetto Corsa again - which I currently play just for the Maserati 250F.

Have you tried the Lotus 25? It's one of my top three favourite cars in the game - so enjoyable to race both offline and online with friends!

The Lotus 49, 49C and 72 are also exceptional with a superb feel when driven with a wheel on default settings.

I can agree with that, the 72D is my favourite car to drive, it's great fun around Bathurst if you haven't tried that combination before

Have you tried the Lotus 25? It's one of my top three favourite cars in the game - so enjoyable to race both offline and online with friends!

The Lotus 49, 49C and 72 are also exceptional with a superb feel when driven with a wheel on default settings.
Agree even if i only drive the p1 gtr whenever i do venture to driving other cars the classic lotus are normally some of few that i do drive :)

The 1965 Lotus Type 40 is my favorite

Make a deal with the maker of that awesome third party app Crewchief to have his spotter and whatever else incorporated in the game. Give him royalties and/or whatever else to make it happen. That app is by far the best and leaps above the existing in-app spotter.
I wouldn't disagree with this. Seeing it's functionality, I can definitely see how it would benefit. Especially two-way communication. A shame I can't actually use it as I'd have to use my PC as well as hearing the audio through my PS4.

1. More Cars:
  • IMSA DPi Cars
  • TCR Cars
  • Miata Cup
  • V8 Supercars
  • Formula (Mazda, 2,3,F3 Americas,4)
  • DTM or the old DTM from Project CARS 1
  • Keep the Project CARS 2 Cars + Project CARS 1
2. More Tracks:
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • VIRginia International Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Barber Motorsports Park
  • Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • St. Petersburg Street Circuit
  • Canadian Tire Motorsport Park or Honda Indy Toronto Street Circuit
  • Adelaide
  • More Ovals
3. Better Penalty System
  • Some type of Safty Car (VSC, FSC,Code 60)
  • Flag System
4. Online/Multiplayer
  • Possibility to create Teams
  • Real driver swap on multiplayer to do long race **Most Important
  • Keep The Online Championships and improve it
  • Some form of Custom Library Example (GT Sport)
  • Official Race Like for example (iRacing or GT Sports)
  • The Possibility of doing Lobby with default set up but you can choose what Tire & Gas you want.

*if I think on something else I update my post

Last edited:
1. Real driver swap on multiplayer to do long race
2. More Cars:
  • IMSA DPi Cars
  • TCR Cars
  • Miata Cup
  • DTM or the old DTM from Project CARS 1
3. More Tracks:
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • VIRginia International Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Barber Motorsports Park
  • Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • St. Petersburg Street Circuit
  • Canadian Tire Motorsport Park or Honda Indy Toronto Street Circuit
4. Better Penalty System
5. Keep The Online Championships and improve it
6. Some type of Safty Car (VSC, FSC)
7. Flag System

*if I think on something ele I update my post
I like a lot of these ideas. I'd take some more ovals as well.

A major IndyCar presence would be awesome. Modern and retro IndyCars, tracks, etc....

This seems to be a popular request. Many people might not know what tracks are on the IndyCar calendar, so I produced the following table. Some of the tracks are already in PC2 - if the rest were added, it would bring a healthy variety to a future game.

If I have made any mistakes, please let me know!

Edited - thank you to @jake2013guy for comment regarding the 2020 schedule - I have replaced Pocono with Richmond.

Tracks Indycar 2020.jpg

Last edited:
Long thread, so not sure if suggested.

Going along with increased lobby size, I know thats platform dependent...

In a multiplayer lobby, having the ability to fill out the lobby with AI drivers and assign them a class. For example.. 10 of 16 players are in the lobby as LMP1. At the ready-up screen, the remaining 6 positions are filled with 6 AI GTE drivers.

Or even better, have some sort of AI cap on-top of a full lobby. So say the lobby is full with 16/16 players, have an option to add X (8+ would be ideal) amount of AI drivers in a separate class.

I'm going to do this now. Seeing as I haven't done a proper wishlist for myself in a while. In no particular order.

• Overhaul of the Weather System
    • Another idea to add alongside the Slots system.
      • Personal Recommendation would be to replace with a Climate Configurator which lets the player decide the chance of rain and the game decides everything else based on the location of the circuit and time of year for example.
      • It would generate cloud cover as opposed to just being "Light Cloud" or "Overcast". The cloud cover would be anything from none or a few clouds to a completely overcast. All generated through the game itself. Don't ask me how it works exactly. I have a vague idea.
      • The game generates what rain comes and if it does. For example, 90% chance of rain can simply be rain within potential range of the circuit. You already have wind so maybe use that to decide where the rain clouds are going to end up.
      • The Slots system can remain with more varieties of weather to allow players to create their own crazy conditions.
    • More Types of Weather
      • In terms of rain, I'd like to see anything ranging from a short shower to full Monsoon conditions.
  • Overhaul of the Flags System
    • Additions
      • Virtual Safety Car/Code 60 for when a driver has crashed or debris is on the circuit
      • Safety Car for when a driver has crashed or spun on an oval.
      • Penalties for Overtaking Under Yellow Flags
    • Options
      • Adjustable Variables for Having a SC/Code 60. E.g. Weather, Debris, Cars Crashing
  • Overhaul of the Race Weekend
    • Allow us to create more varied race weekends with up to 5 races with sessions in between them.
    • Additions
      • Ability to let the game calculate the laps needed for a race. E.g. An F1 race is 305km, you input 305km and the game calculates the minimum laps to reach this distance.
      • Ability to have a race be decided by time or laps/distance. For example, F1 has the 305km distance or the 2 hour time limit.
      • Option for players to add a lap after the time has run out
      • New formats for qualifying such as "Custom Knockout"
        • You decide how many cars go through to the next round with a limit of 5/10 Rounds. Can decide if a Group is split. If a Group is split, the player may decide whether it's X cars from each group or the Fastest X progressing.
        • Hotlap Qualifying where each driver gets x amount of laps and the qualifying is decided through the fastest, average or total lap time.
        • Bumping where too many cars are entered for an event and the Fastest X cars in a session progress to the race.
      • Ability to have multiple races/qualifying sessions
        • Sessions may be completed in any order as long as the qualifying for the race is completed before the start of the race. For example, if you have two qualifying sessions for two races, you can complete each session whenever you want as long as Race 2 is the last session. E.g. Q1 Q2 R1 R2, Q2 Q1 R1 R2, Q1 R1 Q2 R2.
        • Each race may have it's own format. For example, a 50 minute Race 1 and a 200km Race 2 with a 2 Hour Time Limit.
      • Ability to change the grid order
        • Race x is Reversed X Positions Based on the Previous Race - E.g. You Reverse the Top 10 of the Previous Race
        • Race x is Reversed X Positions Based on a Previous Session - E.g. You Reverse the Top 10 of Qualifying to get a Race 2 Grid
        • Random Draw - Where the Game draws a number BTCC style for the reversed grid
        • Fastest Lap - Single Season BTCC attempt where the fastest lap of Race 1 decided the Race 2 grid.
  • Other Race Rules
    • Forcing of a Compound Change. For example, how F1 forces drivers to use two compounds in a race
    • Maximum Fuel Load Start. Potentially may allow for differing strategies and expected requirement to fill up in the race.
    • Forcing a Maximum Fuel Load - Potentially allows for leagues to use this to change strategies in GT3 races.
    • Custom BOP - Allow hosts/players to give cars in a class more weight or less power to either balance or experiment with.
    • Minimum Pitstop Time - Allow hosts/players to decide the minimum pitstop time for a class. Potentially changing the strategic element of the race
    • Lock some setup options. E.g. Hosts may ban the changing of the weight distribution on some cars as it's not available for all cars in the class.
  • Livery Editor
    • Short one. Really love the GT Sport Livery Editor. That, as well as the ability to change the actual numbers, would be great.
    • Ability to sign sponsors and personally place their logo on your car would be cool
  • Team Creation
    • Goes with the Livery Editor for me.
    • Design a car you buy.
    • Hire a driver for events requiring one driver per car or multiple drivers for Endurance Events.
  • UI
    • Additions
      • Ability to see the Fastest Lap in your class at all times.
      • Ability to see whether a driver has completed a mandatory stop. Much like the Joker in RallyX.
      • Ability to see how many stops a driver has completed
  • General Settings
    • Additions
      • Ability to choose each unit individually. E.g. If you want PSI tyre pressures but also want KPH for speed, they are now separated.
  • Content
    • Cars
      • Expansion of TCR and GT4 classes to become fleshed out like GT3
      • Addition of new classes such as Class 1, 2000s GT1 and Porsche GT Cup.
      • Further expansion of classic classes such as touring to include Super Touring
      • Further expansion of oval cars such as more NASCAR Series such as Xfinity, Trucks and Whelen Modified
      • Addition of new junior open-wheel formula cars. E.g. Tatuus T-318 as seen in the Formula Renault Eurocup. Formula 4 and Formula S5000 as recently debuted in Australia
      • Cars from licensed series such as the BTCC and Australian Supercars would be great.
    • Tracks
      • Expansion of Australian circuits. For example, I'd love to see Sandown, The Bend, Philip Island and Surfers Paradise especially.
      • Further expansion in Asia. For example, Shanghai and Bahrain International, Buriram or Okayama.
      • Further expansion in North America. For example, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Mosport, Mid Ohio and Barber.
      • Potentially, the addition of short ovals designed for NASCAR affiliated series.
      • Expansion of other ovals and add some short ovals. E.g. Auto Club Speedway, Richmond Raceway, Iowa and Gateway.
      • Maybe start adding some tracks in Africa/South America. E.g. Interlagos and Kyalami are good examples
I've really enjoyed the game for two years. I'm just looking for more and better. Hopefully, the next generation of consoles will give us smarter and a higher quantity of AI with the ability to overcome limits on tracks such as Knockhill as well for 32 strong BTCC races.

• DLC tracks avaliable in online
As I commented in my wish list in the official forum, SMS has to compare the number of sales of DLCs in PC2 vs PC1. In PC1 you can join lobbies with DLC tracks but not choose DLC cars. In PC2 that changed and you can't join lobbies with DLC tracks, and that major change I think that had may consecuences in DLC sales.

As league admin, I programmed some oficial races for my previous PC1 competitions in DLC tracks. People could join the races (even not owning the DLC), but how they can’t practice, all the members of my league finally purchased most of the DLCs to make TT/solo or to have access to better cars to be more competitive online.

With the change in PC2 not allow joining DLC lobbies, and because I can’t exclude members of my league for not having DLCs, I could’t program any DLC tracks in the calendar. That made that no one adquired any DLC. Only who bought seasion pass initially (10%) has that aditional content, but they can't used it online.

As WMD member I own Season Pass, but I only made test in some of the fantastic tracks & cars just to think, “sadly we can’t use it”. Then, who didn't bought it, don't miss it and who bought can't use it (online). It’s sad that all that content and effort has not being appreciated by most players.

I’m afraid that if PC3 keeps same politic, many people probably wouldn’t pay for season pass, because as online player we will not have anyone to play with. Actually you can't see any lobby in DLC tracks, while in PC1 that lobbies was the most populated..

SMS has to check the numbers and think about what is best for PCR. PC1 users was forced/motivated to buy it to compite, while in PC2, players don’t have any arguments to do it. Allowing using DLC content online, probably would increase sales, specially if the aditional content is as good as it was in PC2.

Last edited:
While I would certainly not argue against making dlc tracks available to online racers, I'm not convinced this had a big effect on DLC sales.

Its a tricky one. Clearly you have to make the DLC desirable but you will get complaints if DLC is seen as essential (such as Dirt Rally 2). I think SMS struck a pretty good balance. For me the strength of the DLC was in the cars rather than in the tracks, but they complemented each other as a package. Would access to the rally-cross tracks in DLC 1 make that DLC more popular with the online community? Not unless they were really into rally-cross. Would the Porsche test track really get people to buy DLC 2? I don't think so. The historic Le Mans track in the third DLC is superb but appeals mainly to historic fans and I suspect combined with the historic cars in that DLC was an insta-buy for historic fans. For typical league racing I'm not so sure. I would have thought the LMP1s in the DLC were a bigger draw for league use. FWIW I did see this track in the lobbies and when GamerMuscle and Jardier ran community races there the grid was full - no indication most people didn't have it. Fiorano in DLC4 is limited in appeal and usefulness. Mugello is a great track and maybe this is the track that might have got people to buy DLC4. But one thing PC2 is not short of in its basic form is tracks.

I've been led to believe that of all the players who buy a racing game (and might purchase its DLC), only a very small percentage even play online multiplayer, much less going so far as to play in a league. PSN trophies are a clue.

I'm going to assume an updating of the car list with substitution of now outdated race cars with current versions, plus addition of the latest batch of supercars, so I won't comment further on that part of game.

For me the range of historic race cars and the thought that has obviously been put into their selection, together with the provision of appropriate circuits is what sets Project Cars apart from its rivals on console - thanks for that @IanBell

This part of the game interests me the most so my suggestions will be focussed on this area. I will try to make sure that all car suggestions fit logically into and compliment existing classes. A few new classes will be suggested to expand the game and create historic career paths.

I think it's best to drip feed any suggestions so that people reading the thread have a chance to fully absorb or understand them - plus I like to put in a lot of research to ensure any car and track suggestions are up to standard.

Below: Pale Blue = car already in PC2, Pale green = cars from manufacturers already in PC2, Grey = additional suggestions, Pale Brown = car suggestion from new manufacturer.

Car Suggestions GTD Revised Dec 2019.jpg
Picture GTD Allard J2 1950.jpg

The 1950 Cadillac might seem an unusual choice, but did win its class at Le Mans. Large engine American cars were raced extensively in the early fifties in endurance races at Spa, the Mille Miglia and Carrera Pan-Americana. This car fits best with the other cars in the selection, but I would be happy to see any early fifties American saloon in race trim.

The Allard offered extreme performance in 1950 - the view of the moving front mudguards aided the driver in accurate placement of the front wheels on track (like a Caterham Seven), while the hinged, split beam independent front suspension (copied by Colin Chapman for the Lotus Six) with its extreme camber changes provided entertaining handling and the De Dion rear aided class leading traction / acceleration.

I hope people enjoy these suggestions!

Added by edit: NB I excluded the Jaguar C Type (XK120-C) race car which won Le Mans in 1951 and 1953 as this car would be too fast for the cars suggested (the Merc unexpectedly won in 1952 when the Jags were handicapped by inadequately tested bodywork and cooling system changes).

Last edited:
My suggestion with the backing of Codemasters in mind. Add some more classic F1 cars since I think those appeal to a wide range of customers.

Furthermore use their financial support to buy perhaps a few licences of series and to fill out existing classes.

Also track wise I would love a few new classic tracks as well as a few tracks for each region to add more options to regional championships.
So basically a few European ( Zandvoort, Hungaroring ), British, American ( Sebring, Road Atlanta and at least 1 canadian ), South America
( Interlagos, Mexico, Buenos Aires ) and Asia ( Okayama ). As always here: more = better.

Then just add the custom championship so we can use all the content how we want to.

I would like to see they return to the core and not trying to implement everything. Focus on a few essential things that make racing great.

...and then get questioned why they didn't bring something new to the table and why the community would need a new game if game xyz already offers everything their new game has.

It's either that or another mediocore title, riddled with bugs where nothing stands out. That is exactly the issue I am having with PC2.

If budget is unlimited you can do something like that but if the budget isn't there than at least make the essential things excellent.

It's either that or another mediocore title, riddled with bugs where nothing stands out...

We must be playing different games then.
I've seen your Pc1 vs PC2 thread and I couldn't disagree more with your observations, but maybe out different experiences are simply down to the different platforms (PS4 vs PC) we're using and probably the input method (are you using a wheel or controller?).

I've said my fair share about PCARS 2's physics and why they were ahead of the competition at release (and even now, except for maybe ACC which took a lot of "inspiration" from PCARS 2) so I'm not going to bother you with that but I personally can't agree with you describing the game as "mediocre", sorry.
Not gonna deny the bugs though. Especially MP can be a frustrating experience from what I've read (I'm a 99% offline racer).

Back