Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

I saw the same video the other day and just made a new thread for it as it might be it's own news/discussion. Feel free to marge/move/delete as you see fit mod team.

2015 was the year of PCars 1
2017 we got sequel
2020 it took 3 years to downgrade PCars 2

Soooo judging by this 2022 or 2023 is real unless they need more time for this ULTRA REALISTIC entry. I hope for 2023-2024 with real only next gen/pc entry.

Disregard, I thought a promotional tweet from Gazoo Racing Argentina had something to do with PCARS and the Madness Engine, but it seems to be from another developer. "REG" in the background are a simulation group that makes mods for AC, but this seems like a completely new game. It still looks a bit like Madness Engine though...

Last edited:
Yeah, misstep with PC3 being a "tribute to Shift." Don't know why SMS would want to remember their time with EA...but now they're back with EA and the CEO left...understandably. Don't know what will happen to Project Cars. EA might just revive Shift and release a Shift 3...even though PC3 already sort of is Shift 3.

Disregard, I thought a promotional tweet from Gazoo Racing Argentina had something to do with PCARS and the Madness Engine, but it seems to be from another developer. "REG" in the background are a simulation group that makes mods for AC, but this seems like a completely new game. It still looks a bit like Madness Engine though...

Yes. REG Simulations is doing a new Turismo Carretera simulator with another graphic & physics engine (I think is Unreal) .But the point is, that is not based in any current game.

Yes. REG Simulations is doing a new Turismo Carretera simulator with another graphic & physics engine (I think is Unreal) .But the point is, that is not based in any current game.
Looks like they use Unity rather than Unreal.

Screenshot_20220213_142852_com.android.chrome.jpg

kjb
Is there any news on PC4? I haven't been able to find anything after Ian Bell left
I wouldn't expect to hear anything while GRID Legends is in the limelight. I'm not even certain if EA would launch pCARS 4 around the same time as their next Need For Speed game which is rumoured to launch late this year. Maybe if it targets 2023 it would have more time to add more innovations?

I wouldn't expect to hear anything while GRID Legends is in the limelight. I'm not even certain if EA would launch pCARS 4 around the same time as their next Need For Speed game which is rumoured to launch late this year. Maybe if it targets 2023 it would have more time to add more innovations?
Your probably right. I would like to hear something like they are targeting 2023 or something

That headline is hilarious.
PC3 ditched any attempts at simulation. where are they going to start from. Scratch in Unreal? The absolute best case scenario is if they went over to Automobilista 2 and stole the engine back. Till that happens PCARS 4 if it even happens via crowdbegging, is dead on arrival.

Last edited:
It won't be via crowdfunding they have EAs backing. Hopefully to go back more towards sim since with slot in nicely with the rest of their racing games

kjb
It won't be via crowdfunding they have EAs backing. Hopefully to go back more towards sim since with slot in nicely with the rest of their racing games
I think if they ironed out all the bugs in PCARS 1 I'd much rather play that then anything new they'd put out

How is pc2 on ps5? No upgrade it think?
So in compat mode i guess it runs smoother and has cleaner image than on std ps4 at least, and that's about it?

Just curious, since pc4 seems doubtful now, and i just had some good fun again in pc2 on ps4.
Ferrari 250gt, Porsche carrera gt, fun and cool feel. I like the old tracks, just be nice maybe if textures were upgraded in these on ps5 vs ps4.
Especially on replays.

Last edited:
So in compat mode i guess it runs smoother and has cleaner image than on std ps4 at least, and that's about it?

Just curious, since pc4 seems doubtful now, and i just had some good fun again in pc2 on ps4.
Ferrari 250gt, Porsche carrera gt, fun and cool feel. I like the old tracks, just be nice maybe if textures were upgraded in these on ps5 vs ps4.
Especially on replays.
Not sure about PS5 specifically, but I still play a fair bit on Series X and there's none of that weird "physics loss" anymore when other cars are on track, and there's no performance loss with full grids. Shame no one plays it anymore, feels like current gen is the platform it was always meant for

Especially on replays.
There is no upgrade on PS5 but it plays and looks really well to me

He has a non compete clause with EA for a year and it's been about 3 months in. Why would you make a non compete clause with no game coming out?
Non-competes are pretty common in the industry if there's a mutual agreement in place. If money was exchanged they don't want him to be using that money to start a new studio and poaching all their developer talent straight away, with two relatively fresh acquisitions (and most likely a lot of folks looking for new opportunities).

I think/hope the most likely scenario is that they're working on a successor to PC3, but not with the Project CARS name, a.k.a. 'Shift: something'. A Forza/GT competitor? Pretty sure the combined forces of EA, Codemasters and SMS could pull that off.

Non-competes are pretty common in the industry if there's a mutual agreement in place. If money was exchanged they don't want him to be using that money to start a new studio and poaching all their developer talent straight away, with two relatively fresh acquisitions (and most likely a lot of folks looking for new opportunities).

I think/hope the most likely scenario is that they're working on a successor to PC3, but not with the Project CARS name, a.k.a. 'Shift: something'. A Forza/GT competitor? Pretty sure the combined forces of EA, Codemasters and SMS could pull that off.
I know Ian stated in a tweet that they were going back to the usual format that 1 & 2 followed after learning their lessons from 3. I think a GT competitor with a more in depth motorsports simulation at the end game would be pretty cool but we'll only have to wait and see.

To be honest I'm not even sure if Ian's idea will get off the ground? It's a lot of hot air being spoken atm and last time he tried to get investors on an idea it resulted in the Madbox being stillborn.

Don't think SMS are working on anything NFS any time soon, think it's mostly just other studios within EA.

Last edited:
Back