Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Ben Collins was not the first version of The Stig. Just saying...

It was Perry Mccarthy the first Stig!

Black_stig.jpg

How do pit stops currently work? I know the player doesn't control the car during the pit stop but is it a selection process similar to GT?

When entering pit lane does the player need to slow down or can the player run wide open throttle and the game automatically slows the car to avoid a speeding in pit lane penalty?

There will be a patch coming later that will allow manual pit driving. As usual, not sure when, but it was a feature most of the community wanted.
Manual as in you have to slow down to enter pits or as in you drive all the way to the box?

You can just dive on into the pit lane. AI will slow it down.

Can you expand on this a bit please? The concern is about the way that AI slowdown is handled. What happens if you're driving into the pits at full throttle, well over the pit lane speed limit? Does the car suddenly slow to the limit when the AI takes over, with no penalty or ill effect to the player (think of the TOCA race driver games, if you've played them). Or does running full steam into the pits result in speeding penalties, potential for the pit box to be missed, or even the possibility of a crash?

I believe the point is to have it completely manual so speeding penalties and crashes would be possibilities.

But I guess they'd have fun with the pit crews animations...

manually slowing down would be nice as slowing down by AI from like 120 mph to pit speed in a sec would look akward, IMO.

Not sure if this has been asked,but is their reverse grids in career mode? They were one of the things i enjoyed the most in Grid Autosport...seeing the best teams starting at the back and battling their way through.

Also,can you customise the HUD so it shows more than one AI driver name in front and behind you on the display?

Not sure if this has been asked,but is their reverse grids in career mode? They were one of the things i enjoyed the most in Grid Autosport...seeing the best teams starting at the back and battling their way through.

Also,can you customise the HUD so it shows more than one AI driver name in front and behind you on the display?
No.
No.

Planning to develop Project CARS 2 already?
MASSIVE BIG MASTER NEWS:
Stay well to listen to our future because we will inform you of the opportunity to be part of WMD to participate in the creation, development of the next AAA game Slightly Mad Studios.
Unlike the first game funded by WMD, there will be no return on investment. On the other hand you can play from the start of development to all builds, give your ideas on the game via wmd forum (in English only), participate fully in the creation of the game from A to Z and have the game to end.
The system will be a crowdfunding as it exists on other platforms with ingame bonus according to your toolpacks. Maximum amount of toolpacks (about £ 100 Max).
Space will be limited because you can participate in funding for 2-3 months. After registration will be closed.
Stay tuned, we will reply soon to tell you where this is going, if you are interested in living a sacred adventure with a great community for + or - 3 years.

Dont reverse grids happen in Touring Cars in real life though?

In the BTCC, the top 10 cars are eligible for a reverse grid. I think they pick a random number between 5 & 10, & those positions are reversed. For instance; if number 7 is picked, then the top 7 finishers from the previous race are reversed.

Well, they're a game developing company. Of course they're planning ahead. Not surprising at all IMO.
Yes but they haven't released the game yet, they haven't completed the DLC's yet, they haven't finished the development of the Wii U and SteamWorks version. IMO it's still early but of course they can plan ahead.

Yes but they haven't released the game yet, they haven't completed the DLC's yet, they haven't finished the development of the Wii U and SteamWorks version. IMO it's still early but of course they can plan ahead.

That there is a plan does not mean they are already on build 150 of pcars2. To plan ahead is business as usual. And the planning does not stop the physics/modeling guys from finishing dlc's/Wii U Version :)

Latest Posts

Back