Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
OK, thanks. Going to pass on it then. Will wait for a summer sale or something after the hype is put to the test.
Are you on Steam or console?

Because someone has to:

ZMOhZEF.gif

Man the PS4 footage looks clean, really easy on the eye with minimal tear and smooth FPS, quick question will we get full replay control like you get on PC sims (if not will there be slow motion at least)?

Man the online looks like its going to be incredible. And some things thats kinda new to me that i never seen before when it comes to online settings compare to other racing games i played. Like the cockpit view only options, having AI take up the rest of the spots in online races. Can't wait to race with you guys that i already got added along with meeting other clean racers:D

Just one man's opinion, take it with a grain of salt... I look at all of the good in pCARS and what it has to offer. It was/is an ambitious undertaking that hits the mark on a lot of things and more to come after release. BUT, from reading the posts, mostly on GT Planet (very critical forums), it seems that many are expecting perfection. I'm afraid to see the initial nick-picking (in my opinion) once the masses gets their chance to try this racer for themselves in May. Example, just had a race on Azure Circuit and purposely severely cut a couple hairpins to see if I would be disqualified - I wasn't, easily won the race by the huge advantage I gained lap after lap. This isn't brought up to "nitpick" or "slam" pCARS, it's something that still needs to be fixed and I can overlook. If I want to earn a win, I wouldn't cut the track.
There will be many more quirks and inaccuracies if you look hard enough (some easy to find) but the game will be fine-tuned in the months/years to come - it will be a great start in my opinion.
Funny thing is, many on GT Planet are coming from a racer that has been buggy and lacking (promised) features for years but it still sold very well, and in the large scheme of things pCARS has much more to offer the virtual "racer".
Just had to get that off my mind, after reading pages upon pages of nitpicking based on YouTube vids, I think I need to avoid these forums after release.
Those giving credit where credit is due, and love a racer with "sim" features, I believe will have a great time. If you are the "glass-half-empty" gamer, then you will be spending more time posting than racing.
How's that something to chew on...May 7-12 is rapidly approaching, we'll see...

EDIT: FULL "DAMAGE" does relate to penalties for track cutting, I was able to cut multiple times before disqualification though so... not a real good "example", I could have picked something else. But with that said, I stand by my original comments as there is and will be things found that are not perfect (animations, graphical glitches, IRL comparison inaccuracies, etc.), but the GOOD easily outweigh the bad - glass half-full!

Last edited:
JExample, just had a race on Azure Circuit and purposely severely cut a couple hairpins to see if I would be disqualified - I wasn't, easily won the race by the huge advantage I gained lap after lap.

But did you feel dirty afterwards? ;)

True though, people have a lot of expectations coming from past games and preconceptions that may or may not be met. Hopefully given the active WMD community that has been there with the game's development, help and reasons can be provided and information shared on why things are so.

If people are nit-picking, we can only hope it's continuous because it means a) they're still playing the game or b) they're passionate about the game or c) the game is really good to be down to only nit-picks :)

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

• The number of races entered vs the number completed
  • Breakdown of placement in those races
  • Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
  • Average finishing position and average qualifying position
  • The number of races where you incurred no penalties
  • And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

I'm curious about this. Sounds great, but if I can pick and choose which lobbies I go into online how is this information used to ensure I find players of similar skill and conduct?

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

• The number of races entered vs the number completed
  • Breakdown of placement in those races
  • Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
  • Average finishing position and average qualifying position
  • The number of races where you incurred no penalties
  • And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

I'm curious about this. Sounds great, but if I can pick and choose which lobbies I go into online how is this information used to ensure I find players of similar skill and conduct?
Not sure, at least on PC I don't think that works this way. You're free to join any lobby.
Maybe consoles are different, but I am somehow skeptical of this, since we didn't test any of that on PC.

Not sure if anybody can help with this but does PCars have a shift indicator?

As I've only driven on GranTurismo I've never really learnt how to drive manual properly, although I do use manual having the shift light as a base helps massively.

Awww how exciting, less than 2 weeks to go now..... The game looks fantastic!! On a side note just been looking at the Codemasters F1 forum, and the poor devils there starting to complain about no information or gameplay footage still not being shown (like every year lol). Just goes to show how lucky we are with PCARS and all the info that is available to see, and 1000's of videos to enjoy! The funny thing about the F1 forum is more and more members there are starting to talk about PCARs now than the F1 game, a real kick in the teeth for Codemasters, although it's their fault for bad promotion! And seeing that the Formula A catogory alone in PCARS has more than a whole F1 game put together, i'm not surprised they're talking!

Long live PCARs!!!!:cheers:

Awww how exciting, less than 2 weeks to go now..... The game looks fantastic!! On a side note just been looking at the Codemasters F1 forum, and the poor devils there starting to complain about no information or gameplay footage still not being shown (like every year lol). Just goes to show how lucky we are with PCARS and all the info that is available to see, and 1000's of videos to enjoy! The funny thing about the F1 forum is more and more members there are starting to talk about PCARs now than the F1 game, a real kick in the teeth for Codemasters, although it's their fault for bad promotion! And seeing that the Formula A catogory alone in PCARS has more than a whole F1 game put together, i'm not surprised they're talking!

Long live PCARs!!!!:cheers:
You are one of the most enthusiastic members Ive seen here on GTP

Back