Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
VBR
Will SMS get more money if I buy the digital download via Playstation Store, rather than get a hard copy?

The investment return sheet we got to see on WMD doesn't distinguish between digital and physical, so i guess the revenue will be the same for all distribution models within a platform.

The investment return sheet we got to see on WMD doesn't distinguish between digital and physical, so i guess the revenue will be the same for all distribution models within a platform.

That's strange, seeing as both copies are about the same price but the hard copy would cost more to produce & distribute. I wonder where the extra revenue goes?

I'm just doing an educated guess here: Sony essentially decides what the developers/publishers/distributors will get from each sale. Cost savings from not having production and logistics will get eaten up by fees for storage on Sonys Servers and promotion in the PSN Store.

I have been so excited for this game for a long while now, yet I feel my first hour or two in won't even be racing, just setting up all the settings I like
Same here. Even if I haven't gotten my new wheel by release I won't be really racing until I've got a T300. I'll just fiddle with all the settings and options until I get a wheel for ps4.

Speaking of the gtplanet livery, I love the fact that a developer of a video game cares about the fans. I feel like if I say something enough on a forum like this, it will be heard by someone who cares. And not just the devs, the WMD guys/girls who translate our concerns to SMS also deserve much credit. Thanks!

Does anyone here know what the first playable build was and is there any videos of it? I'd like to see how far the game has come.

Which is why I bought my copy from Amazon, and I also want the box to mark this epic occasion.
:gtpflag::cheers: :gtpflag:

I prefer hard copies to digital, it just feels more 'authentic.' Plus, will the DLC actually benefit one much, the cars will likely be unlocked soon.

Is anyone up for a touring car championship in the summer? I produced a Clio Cup thread, but touring cars are preferred.

I remember the first video I saw (don't know build) but it was several years ago and I ccannot find it anymore.

It was of a FA car with a hotlap around catalunya in the rain looking very similar to the Mclaren and I thought it was a real lap. Since then I've been hooked

This week's build notes:

And that's that, folks :D

Edit: FYI, a fresh install clocks in at a tad over 18 Gigant Burgers
Not too bad
^ Yes!

2ica13o.png
Wait, isn't the SMS-R a pre order bonus? NOOOO I CAN'T DRIVE THE GTP CAR THEN!

Because in America we can only get the modified car pack. :( I'm thankful we get that, but I'm still a little disappointed we aren't able to get the others. :(

Back