Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Very cool, Andy Garton said today that they bought an Oculus dev kit and that they re trying to establish direct contact to them! :dopey:

Disappointed to see the old thread just deleted. Why not just lock it and start a new one like other forums and put a link for ref in the new thread or delete in a year or so if you must?

Makes it pointless posting in the new thread as in a few months it will just get deleted too. It takes time posting links, images and info.

Yeah, the thread wasn't deleted out of spite or anything like that. It was an accident that could have been reversed but not without affecting the entire forum, thus we have a new thread.

There's plenty of use in posting here, I assure you.

Also, shut up Patrick. :lol:

Finally bought it. :dopey: Downloading it.

Now then, just have to fix the gas pedal on my G25.. :lol:

Oh god I suck at driving! :lol:

On the plus side, with everything maxed out I still get a constant 60-70 fps. With one car on track though, I don't really want to see how it is with more. :P

Last edited:
Disappointed to see the old thread just deleted. Why not just lock it and start a new one like other forums and put a link for ref in the new thread or delete in a year or so if you must?

Makes it pointless posting in the new thread as in a few months it will just get deleted too. It takes time posting links, images and info.

Oh come on! This thread need some Chromatic vs Terronium awesomeness!

Discovered today that Dxtory doesn't like the DirectX 11 version of the game. :indiff: Red flashes everywhere. Seems if I want to record I'll have to use the standard version of the game and go from 70-100FPS to 40-60. :( 'Tis a sad day.

Yeah, Dxtory + DX11 pCARS = no-go, found this out myself a while ago. Had to resort to using Fraps at half size :lol:

Now that I have a truckload of nvidia power at my disposal I think I'll finally get into doing more races with AI, with no CF scaling my old 5770s simply didn't have enough oomph to run pCARSs well enough...

Some of you will deride me for this, others might see the sense in it, some may even support what I am about to say because it adds realism.

WMD need to talk to companies regarding advertising boards on the tracks. The could implement a year long advert licence where their company emblem appears on boards and bridges on the circuits much like in real life, when the year is up that company or another can take it's place.

It would help fund the project at least.

They already have that in place. It's in their design document, and it's part of the Manager and Senior Manager packages. If you look in the design document, they have mentioned sponsorship deals with special events hosted by companies, specially liveried cars, replacing all the billboards on the track with just one company, etc.

But big companies won't invest in an unfinished product, so I believe they are going to be using these sponsorship deals to pay for the upkeep of the servers.

Really craving something new in the builds now. I mean the content we have so far is great and I could play it for hous but in this pre-alpha phase I don't want to burn myself out months before playing the actual thing.

Yes, of course you need to take a break every now and then. I m also stepping back a bit from racing at the moment and play some other stuff for a change... Papo & yo, I am alive, Soundshapes, Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Missing Link etc. Keeps the racing fresh when I get back on the track. :)

I also agree that something completely new would bring a bit of fresh air into the game. But they need to buid their schedule the way its best for them to work on it, not to keep us entertained.

Yeah I totally understand what they're doing and how they're working, I just kinda wish they didn't splurge everything on us quickly. I mean there was a period where several tracks were added each build and cars every few builds, then we've had nothing new for a while. Would have been better to spread them out.

Obviously as well there are many changes each build which do need testing so i'll always give each build an hour or so running to see what I think but beyond that I'm just following along their progress on the forum and waiting for something new to try out!

I wish we knew more about what is going on behind the scenes. I know everyone keeps saying "they're on holiday" but unless everyone went on vacation at once for 8 weeks it has been slow for the whole sommer.

Because nobody has ever really tried to fund a project like this before where so many people are insiders they are slowly getting more tight lipped with info, When I joined in December they told us a lot. example: Cars got added with fake names, now we wont see new cars until the license is official :(

Yeah bermuda, but then again, I m not sure as many people would have joined a game with zero cars in it in the beginning. I dont think they really wanted to do the Asanos and Leonuses but rather had no choice.

I agree though that it seems to be going quite slow recently and it worries me a bit. They have such a monsterous to do list for the next year until release...

It'll be fine. I think we are worried because we don't normally get this far "behind the scenes" if you will .For all we know every game could be like this. I'm sure they wouldn't intentionally leave us in the lurch and I'm sure we will get a surge of stuff coming soon.

It's quite normal for software development to not show so much "visible" changes all the time. Some of the things they're working on require several months of coding before it can be let loose.

The churning out of assets have to give way to debugging and polishing assets. New tyre model, reworked AI, multiplayer, career and more - these are things that have no incremental visible changes for now, but in time each of these elements will be introduced with a bang. From there, they too will enter debug and polish stages.

Like FLX1981 says, they probably had to (and had capacity to) get lots of assets in early to keep us testers interested and busy. FLX also mentioned the todo list, and much of that list has probably been generated as a result of that early flurry of activity and all the feedback and suggestions. I think that now they need to work on the assets and write heaps of code, and personally, I'm happy to let them get on with it.

I suspect that we have been spoilt rotten with the pace of the visible changes :D

Can they just use similar coding done for Shift (2), tracks wise?? did wonder as it looks similar, or is it somehow now owned by EA (developer vs Publisher). Does need polishing but for a game in testing phase (like no skid marks for cars obviously without abs) looks amazing, will be downloading it soon as my cast is now off my hand.

^ Unfortunately EA owns all the assets from the Shift games (cars and tracks), so they have to make new ones. On the brighter side, everything is being made to a new level of detail :)

So, I heard this could be coming to consoles? Any information on that you guys could show me? :dunce:

EDIT: Google is my friend. Super-psyched now, that is confirmed to be coming to PS3.

Comparative Circuit: Real vs Project CARS @ Watkins Glen International [Full HD]

- Project CARS by Slightly Mad Studios ( SMS )
- Formula B @ Connecticut Hill GP (preAlpha / Build 282)
- Ultra High Game Settings ( DX11 )

465664_468941313136802_771675996_o.jpg

OMG

omgMeme.jpg

Back