Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I sell my Project CARS PC disc copy for 25 euro (free shipping) if somone is interested send me private message.

Last edited:
NLxAROSA

I tried to download the G27 LGS from the Logitech site. The software will not properly install. I tried a slightly older version which did install. But it did not recognize my G27. interestingly enough I was able to run setup.exe from a much older LGS that recognized my wheel as a G25. It did not have the same profiler package I was hoping for.
And the profile I had to work with was clearly for a G25. Right down to the switch on the gear shifter.

The Windows 10 software saw my wheel as a G27. I went into Project Cars and selected G25 Combined Pedals.
I was able to calibrate the wheel and pedals with no problems. And when I took the GT3 Porsche to Cattaluyna GP, nothing but joy. Even though I cant utilize all the G27 buttons, I am able to use the wheel to drive and even shift with the clutch. I had a real problem with the wheel throbbing very strongly during low speed passages. But I was able to calm that down by decreasing the FFB strength. I still have much FFB work to do, put just by using the wheel instead of the controller, I'm able to run away from the AI at 60%.

I really wish I could find a working version of LGS that would allow me to fully utilize my G27. But I am real happy with being able to drive with a wheel instead of a controller. But for now, this is so much better.
NLxAROSA, thanks again for the advice.

I believe it is in the normal direction for the F1 GP. They had a right/ left "chicane" on that straight. In 91 there was a minor controversy about it because the drivers (led by Senna) wanted to remove a tire barrier there and replace it with cones. Balestre didn't want to, but finally conseeded.

I was thinking Hockenhiem. But one of the reasons they butchered the track was there was no spectator seating around the chicane and the long straight sections.

Clearly I see grandstands. So I say one of the Road Atlanta configurations.
Yeah, I know EPIC FAIL..........:confused::boggled::dunce:

Wow....Hockenhiem is completely different than it used to be. :odd:
And F1 also sadly.

Not a fan of the old Hock at all. Flat out, chicane, flat out, chicane, flat out, chicane, 3 or 4 corners...rinse and repeat. :yuck:
The chicanes were all quite fast and challenging, and the technical bit at the stadium compensated nicely with those great straights.

[PC version]

I spent 40 minutes yesterday qualifying in a custom solo race at donnington national with Clio Cup cars.

I qualified first in the last two minutes of the 30m qualifying session. Sadly when I started the race it put me in 7th or 8th place.

It is things like this that really annoy me. How can a simple integer variable like starting position be so difficult to maintain across sessions in an event? How is it still producing errors by patch 3.0? How is a fundamental property like starting position still bugged?

At least quick racing from a random grid position is possible and good fun, but I am still very disappointed that simple things like qualifying and starting positions are still buggy at this point.

[PC version]

I spent 40 minutes yesterday qualifying in a custom solo race at donnington national with Clio Cup cars.

I qualified first in the last two minutes of the 30m qualifying session. Sadly when I started the race it put me in 7th or 8th place.

It is things like this that really annoy me. How can a simple integer variable like starting position be so difficult to maintain across sessions in an event? How is it still producing errors by patch 3.0? How is a fundamental property like starting position still bugged?

At least quick racing from a random grid position is possible and good fun, but I am still very disappointed that simple things like qualifying and starting positions are still buggy at this point.
Did you 'skip to end of session' instead of accelerating time?

Someone called it. Baby LeMans that captures it totally. This is/was a high speed driver and car test with technical bits.
This I remember from SIMBIN GTR series. But they totally destroy this track in 2001.
The chicanes were high speed and had to be driven properly or you crash, or get passed. Usually both for me. LOL :irked:

Still hope we get redbull ring. I just love that first turn. Trying to stay on track but at the same time trying to carry as much speed as possible off that turn.

Back