Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
They better not try to add any features in this next patch. Before they do that, force default setups need to actually work and a couple of other things need to get fixed.
I just want the next patch to fix the crashing issues I've had ever since the last patch :boggled:

It has been mentioned a-million-and-one times, but the people making the DLC (with emphasis on content) are not the same people that does the bug fixing and other programming. I.e. you can have both without one impeding the other.
I understand that but the problem is that it seems like that they have nobody to TEST any of these patchs and DLC's

For each road car, there should be a racing version. Killing two birds with one stone - less duplicates and more race cars.

I'm happy for you to blame GT/Forza fans for the camber bug though.

From all the testing I've done so far, I've worked out camber does work, it's just way too subtle, so at some tracks the benefit is over powered by the worse braking and accelerating performance. Most tracks in Formula A benefit from front camber, but not rear. Some tracks 0 front and rear is fastest, and a couple I even found I was fastest with as much as 3.0 front camber. I'm far from finished testing it out though. Suffice to say, it does work, there's just some adjustments needed to it to balance it out. As it is the negative affect on longitudinal traction, which affects braking and accelerating, is much much stronger than the affect on lateral grip. They've been working on it for a while so I'm confident it'll be fixed soon.

On the other hand - GT6's camber just didn't work properly at all, but that's not surprising, as most of the tuning didn't work properly in GT6.

They better not try to add any features in this next patch. Before they do that, force default setups need to actually work and a couple of other things need to get fixed.

I saw many ask how the force default setups was "planned" to work regarding FFB for the car and never saw an answer..

In general if it even worked - Some posts they claimed it worked if you only did a race (no practice, qualify, or warmup) then others said it did not work at all. I am not sure if anyone even knows if anything was done except for the place holder in the UI.

Wel, apparently it actually was. :D (Though it's still a bit cryptic).

Conceded. :)

Custom championships would be better than any car pack.

And yes, to the people that like to point it out, I do realise the custom championships and DLC people are different, I was paraphrasing.

PS - I also know I wasn't paraphrasing.

Custom championships will be amazing, just what I'm looking for. Lots of variables to iron out I would've thought, such as the game having to wait to see which tracks the user picks before you can assign how many AI to race against (as pit box quantity may differ), and a part of me is dreading how many bugs will pop out and say hi.

It'll keep me playing for some time for sure.

Custom championships will be amazing, just what I'm looking for. Lots of variables to iron out I would've thought, such as the game having to wait to see which tracks the user picks before you can assign how many AI to race against (as pit box quantity may differ), and a part of me is dreading how many bugs will pop out and say hi.

It'll keep me playing for some time for sure.

The test track configurations that dont have a pit lane will cause problems for sure.. people are already being DQ'd because they can't do their run throughs (no pit lane)

Still the feature will be nice to have. .. It rains too much for my liking in the career mode, so hopefully we can set the weather as well.

What's with all the hate? They're not putting in a classic LMP because this game is a modern racing game. It doesn't need classics, I say if you want those, play Forza or GT6. I'm very excited to see all of the modern LMPs they have been putting in. It's the only game to have this many.

What's with all the hate? They're not putting in a classic LMP because this game is a modern racing game. It doesn't need classics, I say if you want those, play Forza or GT6. I'm very excited to see all of the modern LMPs they have been putting in. It's the only game to have this many.
They put in two old GT1 cars.

Ok, so I haven't been on the forums or played project cars for months now, not since the fall-out of that gt3 series organised here that was going on near the launch of the game (speaking of which, nice to recognise some familiar names from then :))

What's the general state of the game these days compared to how it was around July? Got the urge to jump back into this for some reason.

That is purely who you ask. I quit playing around 2.0 (no reason) but I came back at 4.0, and personally I still have a t500 wheel bug occasionally (ps4), and the ai on lmp2 at least still turns in to agressivly whether or not you are there. However, I did feel like it felt like a totally different game. There are a lot of little changes like tire info and tunes actually saving that make the game feel better than before.

Latest Posts

Back