Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
There's a 10% off ps store code discount in NTSC until 1 December, so if you have not bought any of the DLC, you can get it at a reduced price (can only use the code once).

Blimey.:eek:

Been trying out my new G29. I'm 2 seconds a lap slower around Brands Indy than on DS4. I've had to reduce the AI to 70% so I could keep up! :banghead:

I did a 10 minute timed race in my favoured McLaren mp4 12c GT3 qualified 4th and finished 5th against a GT3 field.

There is no other race game where I'm actually happy just to finish never mind win the race. :bowdown:

I know what you mean, even with a high-density foam wedge the DFGT brake is a non event, compared to the new 'level up' wheels.
But I still keep her around though, she did teach me precise trailbraking due to this drawback .

Remember when i said i had the number 1 time at Rouen with the formula A car.....? Well that's gone.....by 3 seconds. I gotta follow this dude ghost around because that's just not right. 3 seconds? Yea he probably had all assists on but it shouldn't make you that much faster. And also think about this. In a formula A car you're flat out at Rouen pretty much except for like 3 corners. So what I'm trying to figure out is that how did he beat me by that much? Sometimes you just wonder if these guys are being sneaky with something....

Could it be that someone who is using manual clutch and shifter is faster than someone who is not using this ?
What I mean is when he is gearshifting from first to second 3 4 5 6 gear he gain lets say 0.100 against someone who is not using this .
I've saw this happen in another racing game .

Last edited:
Could it be that someone who is using manual clutch and shifter is faster than someone who is not using this ?
What I mean is when he is gearshifting from first to second 3 4 5 6 gear he gain lets say 0.100 against someone who is not using this .
I hope so. Aha!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think this is can be the reason.

I do know that in some cars you "can" be faster using clutch in H-pattern.
If you use auto clutch in these cars, there is a sort of built-in delay to compensate. This delay makes the shifting slower that needed than when using the normal clutch (if executed fast).
I also found a few cars where this delay influences the actual clutch, leading to a slower shifting. Meaning: it does not matter if you perform the shifting sequence really fast or not, the game delay does not let you gain any time. That is the part I really don't like...

Last edited:
I do know that in some cars you "can" be faster using clutch in H-pattern.
If you use auto clutch in these cars, there is a sort of built-in delay to compensate. This delay makes the shifting slower that needed when using the normal clutch (if executed fast).
I also found a few cars where this delay influencers the actual clutch, leading to a slower shifting. Meaning: it does not matter if you perform the shifting sequence really fast or not, the game delay does not let you gain any time. That is the part I really don't like...

Forza 6 does this. Massively annoying.

Thought I needed to share my great night on PCARS last night.

Started off with a Ginetta GT3 blast around Brands Hatch GP 30min race I have a reasonable setup and needed to dial in my tyre pressure a bit. Had a good race started strongly but the ginetta bit back, lost the rear on bumps a couple of times, I eventually recovered to 18/20! and I was happy.

Next up Clio Cup Oulton park started in free practice as not drove it much. With a small amount of fine tuning, making the rear end as loose as the village bike and reducing the rear tyre pressures to nearly nothing. I managed to a set a few laps quickest 1:52.053 (top 20 on PC). I though that was pretty quick to I headed to TT mode for a stab at a 1:51 but I just couldn't string the lap together settling for a 1:53.1 :( still too 200 on PS4.

With my eyes still streaming after forgetting to blink I though I'd go for a joyride around Le Mans in the Oreca LMP2 I did a nice 24hr cycle and it looked stunning. Although the quick time transfer played havoc with my tyre temps! Didn't really set a time need to dial the setup but I shall be revisiting soon.

All in all a great few hours of my life well spent. Now what to do next time?

Thought I needed to share my great night on PCARS last night.

Started off with a Ginetta GT3 blast around Brands Hatch GP 30min race I have a reasonable setup and needed to dial in my tyre pressure a bit. Had a good race started strongly but the ginetta bit back, lost the rear on bumps a couple of times, I eventually recovered to 18/20! and I was happy.

Next up Clio Cup Oulton park started in free practice as not drove it much. With a small amount of fine tuning, making the rear end as loose as the village bike and reducing the rear tyre pressures to nearly nothing. I managed to a set a few laps quickest 1:52.053 (top 20 on PC). I though that was pretty quick to I headed to TT mode for a stab at a 1:51 but I just couldn't string the lap together settling for a 1:53.1 :( still too 200 on PS4.

With my eyes still streaming after forgetting to blink I though I'd go for a joyride around Le Mans in the Oreca LMP2 I did a nice 24hr cycle and it looked stunning. Although the quick time transfer played havoc with my tyre temps! Didn't really set a time need to dial the setup but I shall be revisiting soon.

All in all a great few hours of my life well spent. Now what to do next time?
Take one time the Mercedes CLK around Rouen .

I would but I haven't bought the DLC
Which one you don't have the car or the track or both ?
If it is the track .... no problem take another track you have and like .
If it is the car you don't have ........ damn you got a problem , love that beast to drive with .

If it is the car you don't have ........ damn you got a problem , love that beast to drive with .
I actually think it's both I'm missing, I only bought the Bentley DLC so far

I'm really not enjoying this snap oversteer in pcars at the moment, why they felt the need to change the tire physic is beyond me,

if you do not have the merc, you are missing out,... what sven says, absolute beast!!!!

Hello everyone, I just recently got a PS4 and Project Cars. So far I like it, it took me 2 days to figure out how to calibrate my T300rs. :dunce: After messing around in free practice to get a feel of some of the cars I am trying to get started with the career, as of right now it is locked. When I hit new to create a driver do I use my real name or a fake name? Also where it says Nickname it has @WMD_ what is this for? Thanks

Hello everyone, I just recently got a PS4 and Project Cars. So far I like it, it took me 2 days to figure out how to calibrate my T300rs. :dunce: After messing around in free practice to get a feel of some of the cars I am trying to get started with the career, as of right now it is locked. When I hit new to create a driver do I use my real name or a fake name? Also where it says Nickname it has @WMD_ what is this for? Thanks
Locked...could be that the content is still downloading/loading. I've seen reports of this issue before though. So I'm sure someone here has the answer.

Use whichever name you want your alter-ego driver to be called. It's offline only so it doesn't matter. Just preference.

The @WMD_ is twitter/social media handle for your driver/persona. Hot virtual chicks tweet at you. It's sexy.

Back