Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Need help?

Do the AI cars not pit in this game? Doing a 45 minute race on the 24h le man track in light rain i had to pit twice but the AI not once did they pit? setup i was using

Tire wear - real
Fuel - real
10 cars all lmp 2 class

had to pit at around the 32 minute mark for tire change and by the 15 mark tires were worn out again. Is the AI just using superman's tires :indiff:

Need help?

Do the AI cars not pit in this game? Doing a 45 minute race on the 24h le man track in light rain i had to pit twice but the AI not once did they pit? setup i was using

Tire wear - real
Fuel - real
10 cars all lmp 2 class

had to pit at around the 32 minute mark for tire change and by the 15 mark tires were worn out again. Is the AI just using superman's tires :indiff:

It's well known that AI physics is not the same as player, it's simplified.

Is it worth me buying Project Cars for PS4 now or should I just wait for Asseto Corsa? The only sim I have played properly sofas is GT6. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MC
If you use a wheel, is it PS4 compatible? PCARS has known bug and issues. We don't really know what AC will bring to the party. If I were making a decision I would read the PCars reported bugs to understand what to expect. And I would stay with GT6 until AC was released and reviewed.
Then I'd make my choice. If you can get PCars for 50% or less, go for it. Just my 2 cents.

@CrazySweede
I get what your saying about Senna, but again with Senna he transcended his sport and has become a God, like Ali, I know people who hate boxing and don't follow Motorsport but count Ali and Senna as heros for example.

Sort of back on topic ..

I do find PCars F1 car a lovely drive, no AI just me and a chosen track.

@CrazySweede
I get what your saying about Senna, but again with Senna he transcended his sport and has become a God, like Ali, I know people who hate boxing and don't follow Motorsport but count Ali and Senna as heros for example.

Sort of back on topic ..

I do find PCars F1 car a lovely drive, no AI just me and a chosen track.

Yup, very true. Senna was a great driver, but he wasn't miles ahead of everyone else the way most people think. He had great achievements and was a beloved athlete. Ali sort of gave himself the title more than Senna did. The name "The Greatest" is something Ali coined himself. Senna was more humble - but he knew he was damn fast! Still my favorite driver, but always remember to look past the legend and into the facts when remembering these guys.

I prefer the older F1's in pCars. They're actually the only vehicles I like driving in the game. They sound awesome.

I got a chance to get Project CARS back when it was on sale on PSN for $12. After playing nothing but GT games, PCARS is a good racing game, and feels more realistic than GT, but the game isn't a GT killer as some claim on here.

Most of the bugs in this game seemed to be ironed out before I got the game, but I still would occasionally run into those "landmine" bugs. The car roster feels empty after playing GT games for so long, however every car sounds amazing and feels more natural than in GT, and the track selection is decent. Career Mode is great, and I like that you can choose your own path between Forumla racing, GT class racing, and LMP racing. Online is pretty disappointing for me as servers seem less active than GT6, and each race online seems to be a crash and lag fest.

Overall I like Project CARS, with it's good physics and visuals, great sounds and career mode, and its track selection, but it's not going to replace the GT games for me.

I got a chance to get Project CARS back when it was on sale on PSN for $12. After playing nothing but GT games, PCARS is a good racing game, and feels more realistic than GT, but the game isn't a GT killer as some claim on here.

Most of the bugs in this game seemed to be ironed out before I got the game, but I still would occasionally run into those "landmine" bugs. The car roster feels empty after playing GT games for so long, however every car sounds amazing and feels more natural than in GT, and the track selection is decent. Career Mode is great, and I like that you can choose your own path between Forumla racing, GT class racing, and LMP racing. Online is pretty disappointing for me as servers seem less active than GT6, and each race online seems to be a crash and lag fest.

Overall I like Project CARS, with it's good physics and visuals, great sounds and career mode, and its track selection, but it's not going to replace the GT games for me.

Thanks for talking about Project CARS.

AC brings nothing to me that PCars doesn't. I own them both (and RRE) and my group has ended up predominantly running PCars. Meets all of our needs.

AC brings nothing to me that PCars doesn't. I own them both (and RRE) and my group has ended up predominantly running PCars. Meets all of our needs.
If you ever run out of cars/tracks with Project CARS there will always be quality mods for AC that will cater to your needs.

If you ever run out of cars/tracks with Project CARS there will always be quality mods for AC that will cater to your needs.
I don't know what it is but AC feels different to me lately, I don't know if it's the new tire model or physics changes. Most of my time is in rF2, SCE, or R3E but pCARS for a change. AC has taken a back seat for me, maybe I have too many laps in rF2, AC feels lifeless. I also wonder if there are changes to AC in preparation of the console release, I would think not but it just doesn't feel like it did a year ago. Just my opinion, what I look for in a sim isn't necessarily the next persons' preference - I do prefer historic racing cars.

Reckon this is worth selling to put credit towards Assetto Corsa? I have spent quite a while on the game when it released
That is personal preference. I don't plan on replacing pCARS with AC. I will add AC to my collection if it offers something that pCARS doesn't.
Just bought this game for such a cheap price last night, and damn is it ever hard! It's gonna take me forever to get to used it...
I came from playing the GT series exclusively and adjusted within a couple weeks. Using the DS4! Although I had to spend way too much time fiddling with the controller settings. :banghead: I'm still enjoying the game and sold GT6/PS3 some months ago.

I don't know what it is but AC feels different to me lately, I don't know if it's the new tire model or physics changes. Most of my time is in rF2, SCE, or R3E but pCARS for a change. AC has taken a back seat for me, maybe I have too many laps in rF2, AC feels lifeless. I also wonder if there are changes to AC in preparation of the console release, I would think not but it just doesn't feel like it did a year ago. Just my opinion, what I look for in a sim isn't necessarily the next persons' preference - I do prefer historic racing cars.
You mean the FFB feels light/ numb in AC? For me I actually prefer it over PCARS now since i got everything dialed in which is vice versa to what you're experiencing.

I came from playing the GT series exclusively and adjusted within a couple weeks. Using the DS4! Although I had to spend way too much time fiddling with the controller settings. :banghead: I'm still enjoying the game and sold GT6/PS3 some months ago.
Same, using the DS4 and also have to fiddle with the settings. The game is really hardcore so it may take me just as long or more, but like you, it's really enjoyable. :) Tuning the cars however... *Gulp* :ill:

The main complaint about AC seems to be it's lifeless. With it coming to consoles later on in the year i fully expect a full fledged game with soul....hopefully.

Same, using the DS4 and also have to fiddle with the settings. The game is really hardcore so it may take me just as long or more, but like you, it's really enjoyable. :) Tuning the cars however... *Gulp* :ill:
Compared to GT, yes, the depth of tuning options in pCARS is :ill: at first glance. However, I appreciate the fact that I can tune in pCARS with real world tuning guides. I couldn't do that with GT5/6. Although, I still do not fully understand how to effectively adjust all the damper settings. :dunce:

Did a career race at Donington in the Formula C....it was raining so everyone was on wets..it started to get dryer the last few laps and suddenly my 6 second lead disappeared,and i ended up down in 6th!

Anyone know why the AI would catch up like that when everyone was on wets? Or the rest started on slicks at the start?!

Did a career race at Donington in the Formula C....it was raining so everyone was on wets..it started to get dryer the last few laps and suddenly my 6 second lead disappeared,and i ended up down in 6th!

Anyone know why the AI would catch up like that when everyone was on wets? Or the rest started on slicks at the start?!

While the pace of the AI in the rain is fine, they are still unrealistically fast under light wet conditions AFAIK.

Is there a way to change color/Livery on the cars before a race and for free run?
In single-player? Yep, when you see the list of all cars with the preview image in the middle of the screen you can select the universal list of classes on the right. On PS4 press Triangle, travel to your car then you get a livery list.

Back