Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
True my friend! I've had to buy a new wheel for my PS4 because of the Logitech debacle! :(

You are not alone, I already had a Logitech G27 and I had to replace my wheel for a compatible one (Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel), Of course I was more pissed then I care to admit.

To add insult to injury, I then also pre-ordered the Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals and Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-on on 3/22/2015, they were supposed to ship 4/13 and 4/11 respectively and they are both showing as “Not Yet Shipped” and Amazon has no answer as to why.

You are not alone, I already had a Logitech G27 and I had to replace my wheel for a compatible one (Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel), Of course I was more pissed then I care to admit.

To add insult to injury, I then also pre-ordered the Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals and Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-on on 3/22/2015, they were supposed to ship 4/13 and 4/11 respectively and they are both showing as “Not Yet Shipped” and Amazon has no answer as to why.

I feel for you mate!! I hope they arrive before the game arrives!!!!!!! :)

Another tyre pressure question, through my rl racing experience tyre flex is a major contributor to tyre temp. By having a higher cold pressure you get less flex in the carcass of the tyre resulting in lower temps and smaller changes in pressure and longer tyre life, this can also result in very high pressures and tyre temps when starting with a low cold pressure because it allows the tyre to flex more generating more heat and pressure. Getting the cold pressure right will result in target tyre temp and pressure. In Pcars is the tyre temp/pressure simulated dynamically like this or is it just a case of load increases temp and temp increases pressure?

Another tyre pressure question, through my rl racing experience tyre flex is a major contributor to tyre temp. By having a higher cold pressure you get less flex in the carcass of the tyre resulting in lower temps and smaller changes in pressure and longer tyre life, this can also result in very high pressures and tyre temps when starting with a low cold pressure because it allows the tyre to flex more generating more heat and pressure. Getting the cold pressure right will result in target tyre temp and pressure. In Pcars is the tyre temp/pressure simulated dynamically like this or is it just a case of load increases temp and temp increases pressure?
Some of these posts are getting way to technical for us old folk:boggled: think I'll just jump in drive and suck it and see.:lol:

surely will have an option to output it through normal speakers, like GTAV does if you don't want your phone calls coming through the pad.

I'll have to leave my pad on anyway as that's where the mic plugs in annoyingly, but will disable the pad speaker straight away

surely will have an option to output it through normal speakers, like GTAV does if you don't want your phone calls coming through the pad.

I'll have to leave my pad on anyway as that's where the mic plugs in annoyingly, but will disable the pad speaker straight away
54882570.jpg

and i like that! still im curious whats left in the console version! i know.... its identical. but we'll see! :D

New to SMS/Project Cars again.. I have to ask as I love the photo mode in DC is there a good PCars photo mode and edit and replay system coming as I can't find much info on that.
Cheers - torque99 :cheers:

I believe its dynamic.
Currently you set your pressure when it cold, this then of course will affect the warm up rate and the overall temp of the tyre. Then there's how you drive it and the type of car it is. Also dont forget the geometry of the suspension(camber, toe, etc)also not forgetting the track direction. Means that i am constantly adjusting the tyre pressure for the conditions of the event.
Its all down to the amazing tyre model we use.
Does this help?

Just had the chance to play Asseto at my friend´s and i was blown away by the physics! I´ve never had the chance to play PC though.. from what I´ve read, they should be fairly similar, with AC being slightly more realistic right? Either way, I am looking forward to play PC even more now!

Just had the chance to play Asseto at my friend´s and i was blown away by the physics! I´ve never had the chance to play PC though.. from what I´ve read, they should be fairly similar, with AC being slightly more realistic right? Either way, I am looking forward to play PC even more now!

From what I've heard AC is harder to play but there is neverending argument if harder = more realistic. I say no, because most racedrivers say the same and because you don't see a top driver countersteer on ever corner while driving fast ;)

From what I've heard AC is harder to play but there is neverending argument if harder = more realistic. I say no, because most racedrivers say the same and because you don't see a top driver countersteer on ever corner while driving fast ;)
I don't find AC harder than pCARS - both without any aids. To me, the difference between cold tires/brakes and operating temps is more noticeable in pCARS, so it also depends at which state you are comparing.

I don't find AC harder than pCARS - both without any aids. To me, the difference between cold tires/brakes and operating temps is more noticeable in pCARS, so it also depends at which state you are comparing.
I haven't played PCars but I don't find AC to be overly difficult either, mainly due to the good FFB and the auditory and visual clues that tell me when I'm on or close to the edge.

I never played AC, i just read here and there that it is harder to play. But maybe that were just some fanboys who fear their greatest sim of them all might get less attention when pcars is released :)

I never played AC, i just read here and there that it is harder to play. But maybe that were just some fanboys who fear their greatest sim of them all might get less attention when pcars is released :)
Maybe:lol:. Much of it also depends on the track conditions, the tires you choose etc. Some cars like the YB are very challenging but I find most of the race cars quite easy to drive near the limit. At the limit, same as in any game, it's much harder but again, the game gives you a ton of feedback so most errors you make are from pushing too hard and going off track or running over the wrong curbs etc.. Errors on the tarmac are relatively easy to catch. They ruin your lap times but a spin on tarmac is pretty rare.

I don't know how realistic that is, I've never driven a race car on the limit, although I drove 2-cycle karts at a pretty high level and I never once spun on the tarmac in 4 years without being nudged into it first. But I am encouraged to know that PCars is very forgiving until you get up close to the limit as I think that's the way a sim should be and it's why I've tried but so far haven't enjoyed iceRacing so far. :sly:

Back