Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Stupid/irrelevant question but does anyone know if we have full control of headlights/wipers on the PS4 version? Can these be turned on and off at any time during a day/night or wet/dry race?

Stupid/irrelevant question but does anyone know if we have full control of headlights/wipers on the PS4 version? Can these be turned on and off at any time during a day/night or wet/dry race?
i pretty sure i have seen wiper/headlights mapped to the digi pad on PS4 watching a VVV youtube video about controller settings.

What we need is the AI being able to turn their head lights on...

Thrustmaster put up a post on facebook that even with the day 1 patch on PS4 there are issues with the T500 wheel with Project Cars on ps4.. (Edit - this was actually 5 hours ago - Edit 2 - sorry did not realize there was a thread on this already)

"Project CARS on PS4™: issues with the T500 RS racing wheel
Project CARS will be available as of May 7 on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One.
On PS4™ the game works perfectly, once the day one patch has been installed, with the T300 RS, T300 GTE, T80 and T100 FFB racing wheels, as well as with the TH8A shifter (in both sequential and “H”-pattern modes).
Unfortunately, however, there are some temporary issues with the T500 RS racing wheel (only).
# Issue 1:
Details – On PS4™, the wheel on the T500 RS sometimes turns abruptly in one direction and remains stuck in this direction when you exit a race to return to the game’s menus. The wheel only re-centers itself when you return to the race.
Temporary workaround – Manually return the wheel to the centered position (by forcing it), turning the wheel 1.5 rotations in the opposite direction until it stops moving, and then release the wheel. Keep the wheel perfectly centered until you return to the race.
# Issue 2:
Details – On PS4™, the wheel on the T500 RS sometimes vibrates when you exit a race to return to the game’s menus.
Temporary workaround – Keep the wheel perfectly centered in order for the vibrations to stop.
These issues have already been identified by the R&D teams of Thrustmaster and Slightly Mad Studios, and will be resolved very soon in a new upcoming game patch."
You scared the poop out of me! That not that bad anyway, does all of that on drive club for me

Alright 13 hours to go! One of the perks of living in Australia... :)
Don't think it will be midnight in Australia ;) because it is a global launch that means it will be released at midnight somewhere in the world but not here. If you go to the project cars website and click on pre order "steam" it says how many hours to go ;). Should be about 5-6pm tomorrow afternoon.

Don't think it will be midnight in Australia ;) because it is a global launch that means it will be released at midnight somewhere in the world but not here. If you go to the project cars website and click on pre order "steam" it says how many hours to go ;). Should be about 5-6pm tomorrow afternoon.
No, it should be at the release time in whatever country. My PSN preorder is counting down to midnight here in New Zealand.

I noticed nVidia already put a Geforce Experience optimization profile in place for Project CARS. :)
Guess I should download that update:sly:

EDIT: I am up to date, but I don't see a profile for PCars:confused:

Last edited:
Enjoy Pcars guys. It was an honour being part of making it for you and I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. :)

I hated every bit of it... so they better enjoy it. :grumpy:

Nah, just kidding. It was a blast to make this game, which hopefully will be an equal joy for everyone to play the living daylight out of. As in literally with the 24hr of Le Mans and such. ;)

Cheers :cheers:

GeForce Experience updating...
I don't see it on the list of supported games:

upload_2015-5-5_23-28-0.png

Latest Posts

Back