Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Not possible. The windscreen banners are part of the 3D car and interior models, and would require modifying the models in order to remove them. This sucks, but a lot of racing games with race-tuned cars have them modeled too.

Perhaps with all the view options on the PC I can get the dash and wheel on the screen and nothing above that. If that is possible all the cars could become convertibles.

Some of the track are catching me out, a fare few turns are much sharper than on other games.
And the corkscrew at laguna seca is deadly.

Oh and im ODing on settings :lol: 👍
Fun races earlier. Have you played around with any ffb settings?

Selected Cadwell track, Focus RS, random weather.

Got greeted with the mother of all thunderstorms(very British :P ). Was not disapointed ;)

Couldn't keep the car on road at all :P

Awsome game.

AI is agressive yes. They will need a bit of tweaking, but I can imagine that is being done as we speak.

Now I'll only play sunday :(
Away for the weekend. :banghead:🤬

My race day last night ended with 2 rounds at nordschleife with the M1 Procar. As i shift manually now, as you may know, it was such a fun moment, really working my way around this course, i felt asleep with a big smile!!

Just woke up, will have breakfast now and give it another go! Long live Pcars!

Last edited:
My race day last night ended with 2 rounds at nordschleife with the M1 Procar. As i shift manually now, as you may know, it was such a fun moment, really working my way around this course, i felt asleep with a big smile!!

Just woke up, will have breakfast now and give it another go! Hail Pcars!

Sounds good. 2 1/2 hours till Weekend (and finally pcars on ps4) for me :D

I think I'm going to grow a callus on the side of my left thumb due to my wheel and this game, it's sore already haha. we must all make sacrifices.

What's this like? Worth getting?

I'll be honest, the more I play it the more disappointed I get.

Don't get me wrong the driving side of it is fine, and as racing game that's what you want but there are clearly lots of options missing.

Playing with a T500 is a nightmare as it's not built to run on PS4 so I guess the same as the Fanatecs, not having the PS button and the option button means keep swapping over between DS4/Wheel or coming out of all menus back to the main hub to change game settings.

In its current state I don't think you can run a successful race series, after the race finishes there is not a results section so at this moment in time you'll have to take a screen shot of the result after the race and hope its correct.

The replays have no race info and you can't change the view point to any other car so any accidents will be very difficult to review for any stewards involved.

At this moment online is full of idiots (yesterday was fine) so I guess it's the Brits causing all the carnage!

The photo mode and replay mode are both awful.

Being able to select a default livery should have been an option on every car but it's not (small thing but it's still annoying)

But yeah, driving is good.

Ok ive got a question. When i use my ds4 in touring cars it feels so sensitive. Even whe i brake i spin our and if i hit a curb ill go side ways. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I'll be honest, the more I play it the more disappointed I get.

Don't get me wrong the driving side of it is fine, and as racing game that's what you want but there are clearly lots of options missing.

Playing with a T500 is a nightmare as it's not built to run on PS4 so I guess the same as the Fanatecs, not having the PS button and the option button means keep swapping over between DS4/Wheel or coming out of all menus back to the main hub to change game settings.

In its current state I don't think you can run a successful race series, after the race finishes there is not a results section so at this moment in time you'll have to take a screen shot of the result after the race and hope its correct.

The replays have no race info and you can't change the view point to any other car so any accidents will be very difficult to review for any stewards involved.

At this moment online is full of idiots (yesterday was fine) so I guess it's the Brits causing all the carnage!

The photo mode and replay mode are both awful.

Being able to select a default livery should have been an option on every car but it's not (small thing but it's still annoying)

But yeah, driving is good.

I might leave it three months then, until it get updated etc. Plus I don't have a wheel at the moment, so there's that as well.

only down side is I have to work in
If anybody is interested: GAME has some fresh LE copies in stock, it seems: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...eId=10151&cm_re=Home-_-takeover-_-ProjectCars

YES YES YES. Project Cars is finally released. My Limited Edition Copy arrived at 11:45 from www.GAME.co.uk, as I work nights so I was still in bed and thank god my door bell worked, I woke up to the postman. and my mum / dad are out of the house. I was in bed but the guy persisted and said to me I nearly gave up. ****. THANK YOU MR POSTMAN FOR WAITING WHILE MY HALF AWAKE ASS TRIED TO MAKE IT TO THE DOOR IN NO RUSH! I'm so happy he waited with my game parcel because PCARS has finally arrived. Time to take out my new PS4 controller and clean the dust off my PS4 and breath some life to my PS4 again! :) only problem is I have 45 minutes to play the game before I go to work. :(

Last edited:
Back