Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
So for Fanatec wheels, they say it's up to Sony which means Logitech are possibly in the same boat.

I am pimping my driving hardware. Yesterday I bough the RR1000 RaceRoom seat (only the seat). And now I am flirting with the idea of getting an Fanatec CSW and the BMW Wheel (someone is selling a used one for a good price). But with all this "will it be supported or not" I´am annoyed and have to wait till the situation gets clear. At the moment I own the Fanatec GT2 wheel and the Clubsport Pedals.

I am pimping my driving hardware. Yesterday I bough the RR1000 RaceRoom seat (only the seat). And now I am flirting with the idea of getting an Fanatec CSW and the BMW Wheel (someone is selling a used one for a good price). But with all this "will it be supported or not" I´am annoyed and have to wait till the situation gets clear. At the moment I own the Fanatec GT2 wheel and the Clubsport Pedals.

I was all set to buy this game day one but now im questioning if I should upgrade to a T300rs or T500rs, as it stands im not getting the game at the moment. I really wanted to have a console racing game that I could play with my friends but guess what we all have Logitech's and they have no intention of forking out hundreds of pounds on new wheels

Hope they support Logitech wheels! If not I will probably not be buy this game! It's a shame because it looks like a really nice racing game.

For those that don't want to commit to a playstation or Xbox due to price
I am building the desktop as seen below and will report back on how it runs.

Yeah, building a PC is part of the sim racing fun! Sort of like taking part in the building and tuning of the cars for competition, a physical contribution. Then there is all of the add-on possibilities - SimVibe/tactile feedback, button boxes, mix n match wheels/pedals/shifters, telemetry/track/statistics dashboards, VR/triple screen, the list goes on. Can be quite the hobby, more than just a pick up controller and play.

Yeah, building a PC is part of the sim racing fun! Sort of like taking part in the building and tuning of the cars for competition, a physical contribution. Then there is all of the add-on possibilities - SimVibe/tactile feedback, button boxes, mix n match wheels/pedals/shifters, telemetry/track/statistics dashboards, VR/triple screen, the list goes on. Can be quite the hobby, more than just a pick up controller and play.
However the beauty with this setup is in comparison to other builds it's relatively cheap

Can be quite the hobby, more than just a pick up controller and play.
You just mentioned the reason why most people prefer consoles :D

However the beauty with this setup is in comparison to other builds it's relatively cheap
Good luck, somewhere in 2015 i might build one if PS4 also screws us over on the wheel support, you're one of the first immigrants to the pc master race because of this then ;)?

Good luck, somewhere in 2015 i might build one if PS4 also screws us over on the wheel support, you're one of the first immigrants to the pc master race because of this then ;)?
I have a ps4 aswell but there are many great games and titles that are not on ps4 but are on steam
And I also needed a desktop to run my simulation software for my uni course.

Yes, it's not a one-size-fits-all thing. It's like the street IRL, that fast guys aren't satisfied with their cars as supplied by the manufacturers - tunes for timing/fuel mixture/boost adjustments, intercoolers, intake/exhaust mods, meth/nitrous, etc.. Some enjoy the tinkering, the ride is sometimes better than the destination :D

Just so everyone knows I know a number of people working on drive club and they are you using logitech wheels to test game so I'm pretty sure we will be fine I personally asked about g27 as that's the wheel I own and I was told by my friend I will be fine on ps4 with that wheel.

I totally believe you I swear

I'm one of the latest defectors to the master race and this wheel compatibility issue was the catalyst.

At present I only have a new laptop that I've tried iRacing on but that was enough to convert me, I'm going to be building my first gaming PC in the next few months.

For the last week or so I've been window shopping on the DSD website and drooling over shifters, button boxes, dash displays etc, PC sim racers are spoilt for choice with equipment and sims...wish I had made the switch years ago!

However, I have a lot to thank the PS3 for as well as GT5/6, they introduced me to sim racing and I've enjoyed almost every minute of it!

To be honest, this wheel business was just the excuse I was looking for...so in a way I'm grateful for the way we are being shafted by the next gen consoles or whomever is to blame for this conspiracy!

^ Haha - good point PIP :)

You probably know already, but DSD aren't the only players; there's a myriad of big and small manufacturers of sim gear out there - enough to give us all many choices for all kinds of gear, including hardware modding.

Regarding the console plug-and-play vs PC configure-till-you-drop, I like to view it like this: If you're even slightly interested in the technical side of things (racing and racing cars in this instance), you could consider your hardware and OS platform to be your "car" and the games to be "the racing". Thus you can tweak, upgrade, maintain and repair your "car" to your heart's content, then participate in all kinds of racing. For many people, the endless possibilities offered by PCs adds a dimension to the hobby.

If all you want is to plug-and-play, even that is offered by PCs. More so than on consoles, it could be said (OK, you may have to download a driver...), in that the selection of stuff to plug in is much greater and not subject to artificial obsolescence. Lately, my experience is that the consoles' download, install and update processes have become no less tedious than that of PCs.

I still understand the attraction of consoles, but they are becoming more PC like with each iteration, except for the "freedom" aspect of it. Of course PCs give you the opportunity to shoot yourself in the foot, but from a Darwinist standpoint that may be a good thing :P

Last edited:
I agree with @PIP_36 I will buy Pcars for PC. I will build one for about 400€ wich is enough for me. Plan to get SimVibe and some Buttkickers. All the modability on the PC is nice too. Getting some F1 car textures for the Formula A cars for example.

I agree with @PIP_36 I will buy Pcars for PC. I will build one for about 400€ wich is enough for me. Plan to get SimVibe and some Buttkickers. All the modability on the PC is nice too. Getting some F1 car textures for the Formula A cars for example.
My computer is now built and I'm waiting for my windows cd to arrive today after that steam and project cars will be the first thing I download.

Looks like everybody got an account, I wonder how I missed pCars :/ Even on YouTube you can see people, driving with the keyboard and cant drive a straight line, own this game :crazy:

Back