Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
make.believe.png

latest

Still can't believe the same bunch of people are still slamming Sony over there DFGT/G25/G27 not being compatible when Thrustmaster and now Fanatec shows that it's the wheel manufacturer to come up with the driver and work with game studios. It's not like Sony enforced to completely lock all old hardware out of the platform, it's pretty reasonable and good on Sony's part not to enforce this.

Logitech wheels owners/lovers are screwed either way. I know the new G29 wheels burst the bubble for most who were after an affordable wheel upgrade for new consoles, but that's the reality of greedy corporates. They are in market to make profit and at the same time recover various cost like Immersion, R&D (even when it's mainly old technology), etc.. Don't buy it and poor sales might help drop the price down next year.

Spend your time thinking towards saving a bit or find extra source of income for a new wheel instead of wasting time on GTP or "Applying pressure" on various social media sites so that Logitech might listen lol.

(P.S. Nothing wrong spending time on GTP though :gtpflag:)

Last edited:
I think you guys are going at this from the wrong angle. The companies that can benefit financially from G25/G27 support on PS4 are the companies making games for it. Logitech doesn't have much to gain from trying to add support. Sony won't have much to gain until it threatens to have an impact on GT7 sales, which is a long way out. Sony will have a very small profit margin on PS4 hardware sales compared to licensing and software. This tends to be the case with all consumer hardware, not just Sony stuff.

The compatibility push really needs to come from the game developers, they could have a significant benefit by working with Logitech/Sony to make it happen.

No, they don't. They are selling PS4 at millions/month rate. Racing sims is a niche genre.

Let alone racing sim hardware that are 10 plus years old.
Niche genres tend to be the ones where people will spend a lot more money on their hobby, like buying an entire console (like I did 3 times) and spending hundreds of dollars on peripherals (like I did) for just one game or genre. GT, Forza, PCars, AC are the kinds of games that drive console sales, just in differing volumes.

Niche genres tend to be the ones where people will spend a lot more money on their hobby, like buying an entire console (like I did 3 times) and spending hundreds of dollars on peripherals (like I did) for just one game or genre. GT, Forza, PCars, AC are the kinds of games that drive console sales, just in differing volumes.

I guess not significant enough volumes that Sony care much about. The whole notion of us (third-party peripheral owners) are so important to console manufactures are not more important than you average casual gamer which they are trying to market to. We buy the console and that's it. Apart from that, they might get a small share of the hardware licensing and those few racing games titles every year.

As much as I love sim racing, if I were Sony, I would rather invest and spend time on exclusive AAA titles that attract a much bigger audience rather than worrying too much about us marginal few. But not if I'm GT, Forza, PCars, AC studios which makes more sense to support older wheels to attract game sales.

Who knows, with Logitech G29 imminent release, the drivers might allow G27 wheels to work in certain games. However, greedy Logitech might block this given how expensive the wheels are without the shifter. The only edge they have over Thrustmaster and Fanatec is it's distribution channel.

Anyone have drive club and a g27. Drive club just added support for the new g29. Curious if there using the g27 drivers or a new drivers for g29 to force you to get a g29

Anyone have drive club and a g27. Drive club just added support for the new g29. Curious if there using the g27 drivers or a new drivers for g29 to force you to get a g29
Ooooo.....Hopefully someone can test this.

I believe someone had already tried this after PCars last update where they also added G29 support. No dice. I can try with DC in a few hours when I get home, though. I'd bet the farm that it won't work though. No way it would be that easy.

I believe someone had already tried this after PCars last update where they also added G29 support. No dice. I can try with DC in a few hours when I get home, though. I'd bet the farm that it won't work though. No way it would be that easy.
Thanks @rampage917. 👍 I doubt that it will work either, but we wont know without trying it. :lol:

In the video the wheel is recognized as a G27 in the PC so that confirms they're using the same drivers. The fact that the g27 is not recognized in the ps4 shows that logitecth did the EXTRA work to actually disable compatibility.👎👎👎

In the video the wheel is recognized as a G27 in the PC so that confirms they're using the same drivers. The fact that the g27 is not recognized in the ps4 shows that logitecth did the EXTRA work to actually disable compatibility.👎👎👎

That is not true exactly - the ps4 is not Windows nor ps3* - they had to develop a new driver for ps4 for the G29.. but yes they could have made one for the G27.

That is not true exactly - the ps4 is not Windows nor ps3* - they had to develop a new driver for ps4 for the G29.. but yes they could have made one for the G27.
My point is that the g29 driver in the ps4 has 99% of what's required for a g27 driver.

My point is that the g29 driver in the ps4 has 99% of what's required for a g27 driver.

Yes that is exactly true - and it sucks they won't just make the G27 driver I completely agree with you on that... but they did not do "extra work" to disable G27 compatibility.

Maybe G29 doesnt work on any PS4 or game at the moment. G29 is not released yet, the demo so far may have been on sony firmware upated PS4 or PS4 dev kit.
In July a PS4 update might come which allows the logitech devices inc g29 to work on a PS4.
That's what i'm hoping for anyway!

According to Logitech customer care, they already have a G27 driver for the PS4. Remember this?

Source.

It's just BS move after BS move with Logitech. Supposed G27 drivers available for PS4 and not bothering to use them, shifter not compatible with PS3 etc.

I completely give up with all this horse:censored:.

It's just BS move after BS move with Logitech. Supposed G27 drivers available for PS4 and not bothering to use them, shifter not compatible with PS3 etc.

I completely give up with all this horse:censored:.

Do you think Logitech can just walk into game studios any time they want, demand admin passwords and install drivers on the servers, or would they need to phone/email first to arrange an appointment?

Do you think Logitech can just walk into game studios any time they want, demand admin passwords and install drivers on the servers, or would they need to phone/email first to arrange an appointment?

Well, they obviously got whatever security chips were needed for the new wheels. I don't see why they couldn't have for the G27. It says a lot hat they've stopped responding to customers about this.

Game developers have stated themselves that they would support G27/G25/DFGT on the PS4 in a heartbeat if Logitech would allow them to. Why would a racing game developer in their right mind DELIBERATELY exclude THE most popular sim racing wheels and at the same time use resources on ensuring compatibility for obscure wheels like the T100?? Wouldn't make sense.

Logitech (and possibly SONY?) are the problem here folks. Even if they have a legitimate issue that makes it cost prohibitive to support the old wheels, the finger pointing (at developers), misleading and disingenuous (security chip) statements they've made over the past year have been ridiculous. Developers were taking a ton of flak about this on their forums and couldn't defend themselves because of the G29 NDA.

Logitech deserve the fiery backlash they are suffering on their Facebook page right now.

Last edited:
Logitech deserve the fiery backlash they are suffering on their Facebook page right now.

Logitech most probably outsource their help desk and social media to a third world call centre. Those Facebook posts are like sending little Logitech ads to your friends list.
'Rampage posted on Logitechs wall'.
Logitech and 27 others like this.

Surely everyone has given up thinking Logitech will do a 360 and be the 'good guys' by now?

A few months ago many people had given up thinking that Logitech would make any new console peripherals, & then look what happened. Anything is possible, especially if customers keep on demanding it, so maybe Logitech will cave in & release drivers for older wheels to game developers. I have a feeling that they may be planning on doing this anyway once they've sold a sufficient amount of G29's & made a profit from them.

One problem Logitech have is letting low level customer service agents come out with all the contradictory information they have so far, which shows that they aren't in control of their own staff. They then compound this problem by not making an official statement to clear up the issue either way. They're giving themselves a bad name & hurting their own customers in the process, & imo that's very bad business.

👎

So after emailing Logitech again and posting all over their Facebook I just received this email 2 days ago. Apologies for not posting sooner or posting a screenshot. I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to add images here. Here is the email response from Logitech.

Dear Barrett,

We understand your concern and appreciate the feedback about the G27 wheel and its compatibility with PS4.
This has been escalated as high as possible and has been forwarded to the proper department.
As of the latest updates from our engineering, we have no definite plan and confirmation if the G27 Wheel will be or not be made compatible with the PS4 console in the future.
As of right now, here's our official statement:
"The Logitech G27 will work with the PC version of Project Cars, but will not work on the PS4. This wheel was designed to work on the PS2 as well as the PS3. For future news on the PS4, please stay tuned."

Kind Regards,
John G.
Corporate Escalations - USA
www.Logitech.com

So after emailing Logitech again and posting all over their Facebook I just received this email 2 days ago. Apologies for not posting sooner or posting a screenshot. I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to add images here. Here is the email response from Logitech.

Dear Barrett,

We understand your concern and appreciate the feedback about the G27 wheel and its compatibility with PS4.
This has been escalated as high as possible and has been forwarded to the proper department.
As of the latest updates from our engineering, we have no definite plan and confirmation if the G27 Wheel will be or not be made compatible with the PS4 console in the future.
As of right now, here's our official statement:
"The Logitech G27 will work with the PC version of Project Cars, but will not work on the PS4. This wheel was designed to work on the PS2 as well as the PS3. For future news on the PS4, please stay tuned."

Kind Regards,
John G.
Corporate Escalations - USA
www.Logitech.com

Well at least they actually replied to you. My guess is that they just want to silence you, hence their response.

So, Logitech still don't know whether or not the G27 will become compatible with the PS4......or at least they won't tell us. Which basically leaves us where we started.

Back