Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
Looks like we should lighten up on them guys. They don't seem to know what's going on either. lol.

The guys at the top know exactly what's going on, but they aren't letting anyone know it, not even their own customer service agents because they don't want their customers to know anything. Reading between the lines I presume that they wanna sell as many of their new wheels as possible. Sony started this when they decided to follow the Microsoft business model regarding wheels on consoles, & Logitech are just milking the situation. That's my opinion.

:grumpy:

I'll be replying later tonight asking again, it takes little time and keeps the pressure on them. Someone should start a boycott Logitech thread here so they don't get away with this. I'm probably gonna put my G27 up on craigslist and attach the posting to my email with links to the Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels I'm contemplating.

Edit: Just blew up their Facebook some more.

Last edited:
I'll be replying later tonight asking again, it takes little time and keeps the pressure on them. Someone should start a boycott Logitech thread here so they don't get away with this. I'm probably gonna put my G27 up on craigslist and attach the posting to my email with links to the Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels I'm contemplating.

Edit: Just blew up their Facebook some more.

Feel free to bug logitech all you want.. but I am sure you would be breaking GTPlanet thread rules starting a boycott here. Almost 100% sure the mods will close it and warn you.

Feel free to bug logitech all you want.. but I am sure you would be breaking GTPlanet thread rules starting a boycott here. Almost 100% sure the mods will close it and warn you.

I wasn't going to, I wouldn't have the time. And that makes sense, I wasn't aware that was against the AUP since it would benefit a lot of Logitech wheel owners here.

I wasn't going to, I wouldn't have the time. And that makes sense, I wasn't aware that was against the AUP since it would benefit a lot of Logitech wheel owners here.
Pretty sure someone tried to launch an internet campaign of sorts and the thread was closed.

Someone should start a boycott Logitech thread here so they don't get away with this.
...I wasn't aware that was against the AUP since it would benefit a lot of Logitech wheel owners here.
Pretty sure someone tried to launch an internet campaign of sorts and the thread was closed.

It was me who started a Logitech Wheel Support Campaign thread, but it was locked. The same thread's over on the Project CARS forum here, make a post if you want.

👍

Just called and left a voicemail at Logitech's corporate headquarters for the America's. I'll be calling them every day after work to ask when or if the G27 and DFGT will get legacy support. I'm just going to keep bothering them until I get an answer.

VBR
It was me who started a Logitech Wheel Support Campaign thread, but it was locked. The same thread's over on the Project CARS forum here, make a post if you want.

👍
VBR

👍
I checked the Change.org, still around 7000 needed, heres hoping

Well I'm giving up. Ive put in calls to Logitech's headquarters in the US almost every day this week and got another email acknowledging my attempts and still getting the same BS "we have no updates at this time, please stay tuned."

Does anyone remember when the immersion license expires? IIRC it's pretty soon like in a week or so. I was gonna wait until it expires to see if anything happens but I've got my eye on the Fanatec CSR Forza wheel, not happy about Ian's comments on the SMS forums to "be patient and wait for good news" on the 1.4 patch, I missed a bundle sale with the CSR pedals because of it.

Does anyone remember when the immersion license expires? IIRC it's pretty soon like in a week or so. I was gonna wait until it expires to see if anything happens...

Immersion has nothing to do with PS4 compatibility regarding Logitech wheels. Read from here onwards.

All of my optimism has gone so I folded: ordered a t300 rs on Amazon. The next day, the price went up by £50!
Wish me luck getting a good one!

Here's Logitech's new company slogan;

nrxeu.jpg

:dunce:

Last edited:
All of my optimism has gone so I folded: ordered a t300 rs on Amazon. The next day, the price went up by £50!
Wish me luck getting a good one!

If it doesn't turn out to be a lemon, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just get the adapter for the G pedals.

If it doesn't turn out to be a lemon, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just get the adapter for the G pedals.
Thanks, but I only have a DFGT - not desperate to use those pedals! I'm hoping the t300 pedals will be enough of a step up to stop me from spending any more money!

I think a lot of you are harsh on Logitech, we still don't know if they pay license fees or not.

also if they released the G29 there is no way they'll support the old wheels, it's a business not charity.

I think a lot of you are harsh on Logitech, we still don't know if they pay license fees or not.

also if they released the G29 there is no way they'll support the old wheels, it's a business not charity.

They deserve all the backlash they can get since they effectively rehashed the G27, put on extra buttons, took away the shifter to sell as an optional extra and jacked up the price by $100.

Plus there are people out there like myself who are perfectly happy with our legacy wheels and don't want to upgrade until either it's absolutely necessary or our old hardware dies on us. Some of us don't want to gamble on sketchy TM reliability or pay an arm and a leg for a Fanatec.

Some of us don't like having our hand forced.

They deserve all the backlash they can get since they effectively rehashed the G27, put on extra buttons, took away the shifter to sell as an optional extra and jacked up the price by $100.

Plus there are people out there like myself who are perfectly happy with our legacy wheels and don't want to upgrade until either it's absolutely necessary or our old hardware dies on us. Some of us don't want to gamble on sketchy TM reliability or pay an arm and a leg for a Fanatec.

Exactly. 👍

Once my G27 has either worn out, or become really old tech, then and only then will I consider buying a new wheel.

Really? There will be no support for G27/25/ or Driving Force wheels. Are some people dilusional? They made a new wheel,buy it,or like us smart people, buy a Thrustmaster and boycott Logitech. You might as well ask for divine intervention, doubt that will help either.

I said the price is understandable ONLY IF they paid for license (which may or may not be true).

They deserve backlash for paying a license and building drivers and testing them for wheels their old customers have without gaining money?

I said the price is understandable ONLY IF they paid for license (which may or may not be true).

They deserve backlash for paying a license and building drivers and testing them for wheels their old customers have without gaining money?

They deserve backlash for refusing to support old wheels and making a new wheel using old technology then charging more for it.

I guess both Fanatec and Thrustmaster are charities then. I wonder if they know that? Or perhaps they are just smart enough to realize that legacy support = customer loyalty and forced obsolescence = bitter, angry [former] customers.

Darin from ISR said that on pc the G29 is recognized as a G27 which makes sense, since it's the exact same wheel except for a few buttons. An intern working after school could probably have whipped up the changes to the drivers required to make the G29 work on all platforms. Making buttons work isn't exactly rocket surgery.

They deserve backlash for refusing to support old wheels and making a new wheel using old technology then charging more for it.
I guess both Fanatec and Thrustmaster are charities then. I wonder if they know that? Or perhaps they are just smart enough to realize that legacy support = customer loyalty and forced obsolescence = bitter, angry [former] customers.

Darin from ISR said that on pc the G29 is recognized as a G27 which makes sense, since it's the exact same wheel except for a few buttons. An intern working after school could probably have whipped up the changes to the drivers required to make the G29 work on all platforms. Making buttons work isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Again you're both assuming they did not pay for license, why would they pay for it and then support wheels they already sold, Thrustamster have the exclusive license(which may or maynot have expired), and don't fanatec sell you expensive bases in order to work?

In business it's important to attract new customers, but it's equally as important that you retain your current customers as brand loyalty is worth a great deal.

If Logitech had looked after its customers better, I probably would have spent about £250 on Logitech products within the past 6 months. I'd also have continued to recommend Logitech to others and anyone here that runs their own business knows that a verbal recommendation is the best advertising that you can get.

I agree that we all need to move with the times and the G27 is certainly no spring chicken, but the annoying fact is that the G29 is a G27 with a few button changes. Logitech haven't re-invented the wheel, they haven't given us anything new, yet they want more money for the same product and then they don't give you a shifter. Meanwhile there are people with perfectly good G27's (same tech as the G29) that are still quite new, yet they are not able to use them with the current gen consoles.

I don't know how much you guys earn for a living (you don't have to answer that), but personally my income is quite low, so I can't afford to keep blowing £300 on a new wheel every few years. So to those that keep saying "stop crying", "it's a new gen", "security chip", "buy a new wheel", "Thrustmaster wheels are better"..... screw you, as I can't afford a new wheel right now and even if I could I certainly wouldn't buy a Thrustmaster because they aren't reliable enough yet. Why would I want to spend my hard earned on something that breaks so easily, sure it has got a guarantee, but that will expire long before the new gen (PS5) arrives.

The gaming industry has become increasingly greedy and its ruining it for the players. It needs to take a good look at itself because at this rate the industry will eventually fall flat on its face.

Again you're both assuming they did not pay for license, why would they pay for it and then support wheels they already sold, Thrustamster have the exclusive license(which may or maynot have expired), and don't fanatec sell you expensive bases in order to work?
Can you provide a link to the "Thrustmaster exclusive license" statement?

In business it's important to attract new customers, but it's equally as important that you retain your current customers as brand loyalty is worth a great deal.

If Logitech had looked after its customers better, I probably would have spent about £250 on Logitech products within the past 6 months. I'd also have continued to recommend Logitech to others and anyone here that runs their own business knows that a verbal recommendation is the best advertising that you can get.

I agree that we all need to move with the times and the G27 is certainly no spring chicken, but the annoying fact is that the G29 is a G27 with a few button changes. Logitech haven't re-invented the wheel, they haven't given us anything new, yet they want more money for the same product and then they don't give you a shifter. Meanwhile there are people with perfectly good G27's (same tech as the G29) that are still quite new, yet they are not able to use them with the current gen consoles.

I don't know how much you guys earn for a living (you don't have to answer that), but personally my income is quite low, so I can't afford to keep blowing £300 on a new wheel every few years. So to those that keep saying "stop crying", "it's a new gen", "security chip", "buy a new wheel", "Thrustmaster wheels are better"..... screw you, as I can't afford a new wheel right now and even if I could I certainly wouldn't buy a Thrustmaster because they aren't reliable enough yet. Why would I want to spend my hard earned on something that breaks so easily, sure it has got a guarantee, but that will expire long before the new gen (PS5) arrives.

The gaming industry has become increasingly greedy and its ruining it for the players. It needs to take a good look at itself because at this rate the industry will eventually fall flat on its face.

Trust me almost anyone here earns more than me and I for one am as frustrated as anybody that I had to buy a new wheel, but Logitech decided to return to making wheels, they won't price themselves out for no reason (which looks to be the case now) and they can't afford to R&D a new wheel and they certainly won't just support the old wheels because then they won't make money, see my point?

Can you provide a link to the "Thrustmaster exclusive license" statement?

It's common knowledge that untill recently only Thrustmaster had compatible wheels for the PS4, my question is since the license has expired are the new terms now that Logitech and Fanatec have to pay a fee to Sony to have working drivers or not?

Back