Project Cars or Asseto Corsa

• Thread starter Heels074
  • 211 comments
United States
Rockingham. North Carolina
Crimsonsrage
Project cars or asseto corsa

Which one of these titles has the more active community / online leagues that are actively racing . I'm going to purchase either game ASAP to hold me off till GTsport arrives

Thanks in advance
Heels

PS4

Last edited:
AC is active but not really satisfactory at the moment due to no custom lobbies, but they are coming soon. At the moment the active lobbies on AC are GT3, Nords Tourist and drift.

Edit: just saw you said leagues, dont know.

Last edited:
PCARS has the better single player experience and career mode, and it has day/night transitions.
AC has better physics and is the most rewarding driving experience.

No idea how active the online community still is in PCARS as it is already the older console game, and 2 is coming up later this year too. But once AC gets sorted with regards to online on PS4 it will probably have the more active community in 2017.

Which one of these titles has the more active community / online leagues that are actively racing . I'm going to purchase either game ASAP to hold me off till GTsport arrives

Thanks in advance
Heels

PS4

PCARS +ve Has more tracks, more cars, customisable private lobbies and as such many online racing communities. Also races can be recorded.

PCARS -ve Still has day one bugs, invisible walls, land mines, sound issues, a very complicated wheel set up and the occasional crash back to the main menu.

AC +ve Much better overall feel, has Porsche and Ferrari, the best driving physics, easy wheel setup and very few bugs as it just worked out of the box. Online customisable lobbies are supposed in the next update 1.14 that should be here any day.

AC -ve NO online private/customisable lobbies, a few people struggling to run online races, most online rooms full of idiots that can't drive, NOT able to record online races.

So there you go. IF online racing is your highest priority and you want to buy the game today then it has to be PCARS. If you want a better driving game and are prepared to wait a little then it would be AC hands down.

Also Heels074 l am sure some of you fellow Americans can put you onto active leagues in you area.

Thanks Guys for the info.. Heck I may just buy both.

Apparently AC is on special in the US right now at the PS store.

You should buy both, then you get to see for yourself what all the fuss is about ;-)

NOT able to record online races.

Why not just set your ps4 video recording option to 1 hour and record both qualifying and Race sessions?
Unless of coz one wants that different camera angles footage.

Why not just set your ps4 video recording option to 1 hour and record both qualifying and Race sessions?
Unless of coz one wants that different camera angles footage.

Because, like every other racing game, I want to be able to change camera angles and watch different cars. *Especially* if there is a "racing incident" that needs some investigation.

So I will stick by my original statement.

I always get a tear forming in my eye when I read this statement, which seems to happen quite a bit. I can't imagine that the racing experience of GTSport is going to beat pCars, nor can I imagine the experience of driving the vehicles in GTSport is going to be more enjoyable than Assetto Corsa. Yes, I know I'm speaking about a product that hasn't even arrived yet...but I have read several reports from people who've driven fairly current builds and I've seen video (and heard the cars :yuck:).

I guess it kind of seems to me to be like saying, which should I get the Mercedes C63 AMG or the BMW M4? I need something to hold me off until my dealership finds the exact Chevy Camaro I'm looking for (I want an uncommon paint/interior combination) so it might be a while...

Eh, who knows? Maybe GTSport will release and blow 'em both out of the water... Then I'll feel like a complete donkey! :D :lol: Maybe it will versus Assetto Corsa because it's already "old" even though it's relatively young on the console, but if Pcars 2 delivers on what Ian Bell was describing here a couple of weeks ago, it is going to be one awesome racing sim. Awesome.

I always get a tear forming in my eye when I read this statement, which seems to happen quite a bit. I can't imagine that the racing experience of GTSport is going to beat pCars, nor can I imagine the experience of driving the vehicles in GTSport is going to be more enjoyable than Assetto Corsa. Yes, I know I'm speaking about a product that hasn't even arrived yet...but I have read several reports from people who've driven fairly current builds and I've seen video (and heard the cars :yuck:).

I guess it kind of seems to me to be like saying, which should I get the Mercedes C63 AMG or the BMW M4? I need something to hold me off until my dealership finds the exact Chevy Camaro I'm looking for (I want an uncommon paint/interior combination) so it might be a while...

Eh, who knows? Maybe GTSport will release and blow 'em both out of the water... Then I'll feel like a complete donkey! :D :lol: Maybe it will versus Assetto Corsa because it's already "old" even though it's relatively young on the console, but if Pcars 2 delivers on what Ian Bell was describing here a couple of weeks ago, it is going to be one awesome racing sim. Awesome.

@Heels074 is where we used to, his perspective is GT6, he has not yet driven in PCars or AC, his next logical step is GTSport.
Once he will have experienced either, or even better, both, I predict that GTSport appeal will be totally different.
We should also remember that it takes a few days or weeks to switch, as either AC or PCars are very different from GT6 and I remember switching back and forth at beginning, then less and less, until GT6 lost all appeal. Once that happen, then the hype over GT7, sorry GTSport, is almost gone as well.

Winner of the Analogy of the Day Award, right here. :lol:

I just couldn't even think about playing GT again after playing AC. Even when GT was great i always wanted something more, difference is though i still would have played GT. I see nothing in GTS to make it worth playing, it isn't a GT as we've loved, thinking about GTS i cant help but wonder if Kaz has access to media sources and the Internet so he can see how far behind GTS is.

I just couldn't even think about playing GT again after playing AC. Even when GT was great i always wanted something more, difference is though i still would have played GT. I see nothing in GTS to make it worth playing, it isn't a GT as we've loved, thinking about GTS i cant help but wonder if Kaz has access to media sources and the Internet so he can see how far behind GTS is.
It will be interesting to see what the final product is. From what we've seen the old Gran Turismo model has been crumpled up and thrown in the trash. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall of those offices to truly know why it's been delayed.

To the OP of this post -- My personal bias is for Assetto Corsa...but either pCars or AC will keep you quite entertained until GTSport arrives. Hopefully you have a wheel because both of these games have some impressive force feedback.

It will be interesting to see what the final product is. From what we've seen the old Gran Turismo model has been crumpled up and thrown in the trash.

So, no more chasing rabbits then? Well, at least they got that part right!

So, no more chasing rabbits then? Well, at least they got that part right!
Well let's not go that far! :sly: Hey...I hope they do have AI figured out - then we just need to reverse engineer the code and email Stefano ASAP! :D I'm sure you knew that I meant they got rid of the grind of racing to earn a few shekels to buy cars so you can advance to the next race where you grind away at saving enough money to advance..over..and..over..and..over. Being PD I do expect they'll come up with an interesting Career Mode. Certainly better than AC's. :embarrassed:

Oddly, on some occasions I actually kinda miss grinding. It was nice always having something to do and having various goals to work towards. That's something that's really lacking in PC sims, most of them are just "Here's some cars and tracks, figure out what to do with them yourself". I think that's part of the reason I quickly fell out of love with GT6 too, thanks to that VGT glitch in the early days I was able to acquire all the cars in a few days instead of having to work for them. But I had already done all the work in GT5 for the same cars and didn't feel like doing it all again.

Oddly, on some occasions I actually kinda miss grinding. It was nice always having something to do and having various goals to work towards. That's something that's really lacking in PC sims, most of them are just "Here's some cars and tracks, figure out what to do with them yourself". I think that's part of the reason I quickly fell out of love with GT6 too, thanks to that VGT glitch in the early days I was able to acquire all the cars in a few days instead of having to work for them. But I had already done all the work in GT5 for the same cars and didn't feel like doing it all again.
Yeah i liked the car collecting aspect too. But they threw that overboard and kept the chase the rabbit formula instead :D.

Yeah i liked the car collecting aspect too. But they threw that overboard and kept the chase the rabbit formula instead :D.
I think that's probably why I began to hate the grind so early on in my first sim racing experience. It probably wouldn't have seemed so bad if I could have run the same class races repeatedly but with some variety in the action of the race.

Get both!

Whatever you decide to do, OP, just make sure that you update both games.

On console they are both horribly shocking straight out of the box.

Patched they are both tasty indeed.

Online neither are the best though. One is quiet and the other is not set up properly yet.

Get both!

Whatever you decide to do, OP, just make sure that you update both games.

On console they are both horribly shocking straight out of the box.

Patched they are both tasty indeed.

Online neither are the best though. One is quiet and the other is not set up properly yet.
It's too bad you can't take the best parts of pCars and the best parts of Assetto Corsa and create one great console sim!

It's too bad you can't take the best parts of pCars and the best parts of Assetto Corsa and create one great console sim!

I know right? I'd have to give it to CARS though - while AC does have unbelievable physics and fairly accurate sounds, CARS isn'y lagging behind by much in those two departments. However added bonus is you get an insane track roster, dynamic day/night/weather and really good visuals by current con. standards. AC struggles in visuals, but then again that isn't important to most purists from what I gather.

Plus, the fact that they've polished the title so much with updates makes me want to lean more towards CARS. If anyone wants pad settings for smooth driving and/or tuning tips, shoot me a PM. I'd love to help!

@Wolfe also has a great base setup for the pad that works really well. I'm on the X1 version.

Plus, the fact that they've polished the title so much with updates makes me want to lean more towards CARS.
How can you possibly say this when it is still full of day one bugs e.g crashes back to main menu, invisible walls, land mines and sound issues.

PCars might look nicer than Assetto Corsa. I don't know for sure because I haven't played it...just seen videos. But, even if it does, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "Assetto Corsa struggles in visuals...". To me, that implies that the graphics are bad. I don't think they're knock out fantastic either, but I personally believe they are very far from bad.

Back