• Formula A

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
The Project CARS Quick Race Series is a small racing series with races under 10 minutes in length.

The tracks and laps will be shown below. There will be a 30 minute qualifying session before each race to determine grid positions.

Tracks: In order

1. Nurburgring GP: 5 Laps
2. Monza - 5 Laps
3. Silverstone: 5 Laps
4. Bathurst: 3 Laps
5. Dubai: 5 Laps
6. Sakitto: 5 Laps
7. Spa: 3 Laps
8. Road America: 3 Laps
9. LeMans 24H - 2 Laps
10. Nurburgring Nordschliefe - 1 Lap

Maximum grid of 16 cars

2nd: 8
3rd: 6
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 2
7th: 1
8th or lower: 0

Class Points:
1st: 5
2nd: 3
3rd: 1

Bonus Points
Lead an entire lap: 1

How lobbies will work:

Lobby will be set up at 8:30 GMT with a 30 minute qualifying session to allow players to join. Driver aids, damage and tyre/fuel wear will all be turned on and put on realistic settings. Pit stops are allowed. Grid will be determined through qualifying_ You will receive an invite to the lobby if you are on the participants list at 8:30. At 9PM, the race will start. If you arrive late, we will not restart the race. Replays will be saved and standings recorded. If you purposely try to run someone off the track, you get 0 points for that race. If you accidentally hit someone you lose up to 3 points (based on how serious the crash is and if how I judge how much you meant to crash). If you disconnect you get 0 points aswell (obviously). You are allowed to set up your car. Time for the race will be set at 15:00 and weather will be at sunny. Time and weather will be fixed.

Post below if want to participate in this series. 16 places maximum! State your PS4 PSN and you will be added to the list.

Event Participants:

1. JASON_ROCKS1998 - JASON_ROCKS1998
2. Chris_Nine - Momus_Nine
3. Bleeder - Mauler_77
4. Svenvangent - Svinvagent968
5. Paginas 1 - paginas
6. fortbo - fortbo
7. Simfan David - David_killem_all
8. PRO_TOO - PRO_TOO
9. The Clarky - dmclark190
10: yido - yido
11: lxmmy - mikeylam
12: Jallmari - Jallmari
13: duudiz - duudiz
14: JAt - GHOSTBUSTERS425
15: SK8RBOI - FRS_SK8R
16: bajny - bajny

Classes:

LMP1:
JASON_ROCKS1998 - Audi R18 TDI - Audi Sport Team Joest #1
SK8RBOI - Toyota TS040 Hybrid - Toyota Racing #7

LMP2:

GT3:
lxmmy - BMW Z4 GT3 - BMW Motorsport #19
bajny - BMW Z4 GT3 - NVIDIA #82

GT4:

Previous Events:

Nurburgring GP:
1st: SK8RBOI - LMP1 - TS040 Hybrid
2nd: JASON_ROCKS1998 - LMP1 - R18 TDI

Driver's Championship:

SK8RBOI - 15 Points
JASON_ROCKS1998 - 11 Points

Team's Championship:

Toyota Racing - 15 Points
Audi Sport Team Joest - 11 Points

Constructor's Championship:
Toyota - 15 Points
Audi - 11 Points

Last edited:
Maybe 3-4 weeks after release would be a good start. Everyone has enough time to get used to the physics.

I suppose we will drive without tire wear and fuel consumption?

would love to but 8pm might not always be possible for me, what with kids' bedtimes and sometimes working late. 9pm is better for me, but i'll be looking to add some of you guys on this forum to my PSN anyway for future random meet-ups and various shenanigans.

i have free time the weekend after release. the next weeks after that i'm not sure...
and one thing, i dont think im good enough to compete with you guys. really. :) maybe someone can have a online race with me before that event takes place. to check on me and just to be sure! :D

Maybe 3-4 weeks after release would be a good start. Everyone has enough time to get used to the physics.

I suppose we will drive without tire wear and fuel consumption?
Yes. Also, the final race (Sarthe 24 minutes) will have time and weather up to 60X but tire and fuel will be non-existent.

Edit: @PRO_TOO It's just some fun racing, nothing serious and there will be a practice session before each race so you can get used to the car/track combo that we will be doing

i have free time the weekend after release. the next weeks after that i'm not sure...
and one thing, i dont think im good enough to compete with you guys. really. :) maybe someone can have a online race with me before that event takes place. to check on me and just to be sure! :D

You don't have to be fast to have fun ;)

9 pm means 10 pm in Germany. Would be ok for me, especially in summer when it's pretty hot in my living room
That's good. I picked that time because it is the best time I can think of that would suit most people

Yes. Also, the final race (Sarthe 24 minutes) will have time and weather up to 60X but tire and fuel will be non-existent.

Edit: @PRO_TOO It's just some fun racing, nothing serious and there will be a practice session before each race so you can get used to the car/track combo that we will be doing
hopefully i can start at the end of the grid. dont want to be the player that brakes to early in the first corner and everyone else is "not amused"! :)

don't worry, you have a T300, yes? that means you're guaranteed to be competitive :D

You will be surprised how fast you will be after some practise. Your progress will be even better when you drive with faster guys ;)

Just curious: Is tuning allowed or do we have a gentlemen's agreement to drive with stock cars?

Got some more questions in my mind :D

- Do you chose the track or will there be a poll with 4-5 options?
- Communication via Party Chat or external (e.g. Teamspeak)?
- Can we please use forced interior view? :D
- Any assists allowed?

As you can see..can't wait to start playing it on ps4 :D

I'd be up for this for sure. Maybe get two lobbies running if the numbers call for it? I used to be an organiser at a large online racing league for some years so I know how much work can go into sorting all this stuff out.

PSN name is Momus_Nine. Feel free to add me if you want any random online races outside of this.

isnt ps4 chat limited to 8 people!? but i dont want to hook up my laptop to have teamspeak running. i would but im lazy... :P

There is also a smartphone app for TS ;)

But yes you're right, ps4 chat is limited to 8 people. Would be great if we can communicate via headset because a) it is much easier and b) it is possible during the race to avoid unnessesary collisions.

isnt ps4 chat limited to 8 people!? but i dont want to hook up my laptop to have teamspeak running. i would but im lazy... :P
yeah I'll probably be just chatting over the mic in-race. having said that, I assume I can race with the T300 whilst using the mic plugged into the DS4? never tried in Driveclub. does this set up work?

You will be surprised how fast you will be after some practise. Your progress will be even better when you drive with faster guys ;)

Just curious: Is tuning allowed or do we have a gentlemen's agreement to drive with stock cars?
Tuning is allowed
Got some more questions in my mind :D

- Do you chose the track or will there be a poll with 4-5 options?
- Communication via Party Chat or external (e.g. Teamspeak)?
- Can we please use forced interior view? :D
- Any assists allowed?

As you can see..can't wait to start playing it on ps4 :D
Tracks will be set out in the order laid out in OP
If possible, party chat but external will be fine
No forced views
Realistic assists

There is also a smartphone app for TS ;)

But yes you're right, ps4 chat is limited to 8 people. Would be great if we can communicate via headset because a) it is much easier and b) it is possible during the race to avoid unnessesary collisions.
We will use headset for those that use it.

Im always up for some good racing, but i can't do saturday.

Nuburgring Nordschleife: 1 Lap, only 1 lap :D

Last edited:
yeah I'll probably be just chatting over the mic in-race. having said that, I assume I can race with the T300 whilst using the mic plugged into the DS4? never tried in Driveclub. does this set up work?
i hope for the ingame chat to be at good/decent quality!! than its not a problem.

Thanks. Saw the track list, my question was just wrong

Should be: Do you chose the cars or will there be a poll with 4-5 options.
There will be a quick poll with 3 options that will be set up on the thread 2 hours before the race starts. Results will be finalised 1 hour before race start.

30 mins seems a lot for pre-race practise, leaves less time for racing on different tracks. would 15 mins be sufficient? would still get a decent amount of laps in.

30 mins seems a lot for pre-race practise, leaves less time for racing on different tracks. would 15 mins be sufficient? would still get a decent amount of laps in.
15 minutes does seem better. I'll make it 15.

Can you change the poll options? If not, how about a poll with "Option A-C" and write in OP which options stands for which car/class

Back