Project CARS Reviews!

IGN
When your race engineer tells you someone in your pit crew has just fumbled a wheel nut in a particularly time sensitive stop, seconds feel like hours – as they likely would to a real race driver. Exiting the pits after a botched stop is tricky; you want to curse and push hard to try and claw back some time, but you’re invariably on cold tyres. It’s not a good feeling; it’s annoying, actually. But it’s a new feeling, and it’s one I’ve never had before in a racing game. And that I appreciate.

Oh my goodness!

:drool:

Does that usually mean minutes? hours? or days?

The article mentions the desire to race on populated online servers before issuing a score, so I'd expect to see a score early next week.
To be honest, you don't need the number though, the review reads very well indeed. If you are at all interested in sim racing, it sounds as though the game has met all expectations at this point. :)

Looking good so far! Hope this gets fixed though:

"On one occasion I was beaten by a jerk AI driver who didn’t make his mandatory pit stop until the last lap of a race and won by passing the finish line in pit lane".

^I've seen that happen in one of the Chillisteak career videos

Edit: First metascore on metacritic is in for the PS4 version: 86 (although my math says 87).

Last edited:
there's a review from the Daily Star tabloid which reads like a child wrote it. I almost stopped after the tagline: "ProjectS (!!!) Cars is the latest driving game to hit next-gen consoles but it fails to overtake Forza and Driveclub"

then he finished with 'I still prefer Forza Horizon 2'

perhaps he's just missing the point.

there's a review from the Daily Star tabloid which reads like a child wrote it. I almost stopped after the tagline: "ProjectS (!!!) Cars is the latest driving game to hit next-gen consoles but it fails to overtake Forza and Driveclub"

The Daily Star is the lowest of the low journalism, it's not worth reading any of their articles on anything.

The Telegraph's and PSU's review are very well done. The reviewer in the Telegraph knows exactly where the game is trying to focus, with the last paragraph summarising exactly where the game stands. 4.5/5 in a broadsheet newspaper is very respectable. It's impressive what a community funded game can achieve.

What is also nice to see is that some reviews/reviews in progress state how similar it is to the TOCA era, and BTCC fans will very much enjoy it.

Meanwhile I had a good laugh at The Daily Star review.

Looking very good, actually predicted 86 maximum to a friend the other day. :D

Tbf Horizon 2 is incredible its easy to see why loads of people would prefer it to PCars.

Reviews are looking good, Eurogamers preview brought a huge smile to my face :)

Hmm... just waiting on the Online reviews then I'll make my decision on buying it. If it keeps being hailed as 'the best racing game since TOCA Race Driver 3", that may just convince me to buy it regardless of the Online review as I loved that game.

But right now, I'm not 100% sold on pCARS. Yet.

Back