Project CARS Reviews!

Loving this comment:

"This is a true example of why gameplay is king, since there’s no lame story, ridiculous visual customization options (sorry Forza fans, you won’t be driving a wood-paneled vehicle), obnoxious progression system, or forced online interaction threatening to ruin the single-player experience."

Source

Loving this comment:

"This is a true example of why gameplay is king, since there’s no lame story, ridiculous visual customization options (sorry Forza fans, you won’t be driving a wood-paneled vehicle), obnoxious progression system, or forced online interaction threatening to ruin the single-player experience."

Source
And ends with this:
"Simply put, Project CARS is simulation racing done right. The subtlety of the nearly countless gameplay tweaks, combined with a robust open Career mode, makes for an experience that racing fans should fall in love with. Of course, none of this would be possible without driving that feels tight, workable and exciting, which is certainly present in droves. Oh, and it’s hard not to notice that this is quite possibly the best looking racing game of all time. Outside of its cluttered user interface, everything about Project CARS seems to be thoughtfully designed, which should be a testament to having the power of the community assisting development. Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 Studios should be on the look-out, a new challenger has approached.

And ends with this:
"Simply put, Project CARS is simulation racing done right. The subtlety of the nearly countless gameplay tweaks, combined with a robust open Career mode, makes for an experience that racing fans should fall in love with. Of course, none of this would be possible without driving that feels tight, workable and exciting, which is certainly present in droves. Oh, and it’s hard not to notice that this is quite possibly the best looking racing game of all time. Outside of its cluttered user interface, everything about Project CARS seems to be thoughtfully designed, which should be a testament to having the power of the community assisting development. Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 Studios should be on the look-out, a new challenger has approached.
With all the positive reviews I might just raise my console sales prediction of 2 million, to 4 million(total):sly:

I gotta say I'm surprisingly encouraged by these reviews. Being in the US I won't get my copy until next week but it's nice to see everyone having such great things to say about the game. Frame drops & ghosting aside, it seems what we have here is the most ambitious sim to release on consoles in a very, very long time. And thank god for SMS and WMD, because otherwise the genre would be stagnant with Sony and Microsoft at the helm.

I especially love this quote at the end of the IGN review:

Luke Reilly – IGN
The important thing is Project CARS wants to make me feel like a racing driver just like FIFA wants to put players on the pitch in their favourite football team.

It worked.

Concerning this IGN review in progress - i cant stand it when theres one of the guys reviewing it doesnt know much about racing games and has to have stuff explained to him - why dont they just have race enthusiasts reviewing?!

Concerning this IGN review in progress - i cant stand it when theres one of the guys reviewing it doesnt know much about racing games and has to have stuff explained to him - why dont they just have race enthusiasts reviewing?!

I hear you, but i guess it's a way of covering both sets of viewers (Racing Enthusiasts and Casual Gamers). I think as sims go, it's the most accessible ever for the casual racer.

What?? You expect someone who knows what they're talking about to review a game? What kind of crazy thinking is that? How dare you expect something to be logical and make sense... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry.... I just had to..... I know how you feel though..... sitting through stuff like that and going :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe he is a racer..Just his idea of a sim is Mario Kart! :D

CLA
I hear you, but i guess it's a way of covering both sets of viewers (Racing Enthusiasts and Casual Gamers). I think as sims go, it's the most accessible ever for the casual racer.

Very true. And it will finally give casual gamers a chance to experience what real sim racing is like, which means the chances for this to be a successful product from a slaes standpoint, and thereby becoming the foundation for a new franchise, have just increased exponentially. Win, win.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/project-cars-Review

this is posted Before, but i find this review really openminded and it explains who will love this game and that most
problems seem fixable with patch...plus multiplayer is not tested and will get updated when this is done. I Think score will go up! Buying this game yeahhaaaaaa!

BTW they write and explain some bugs i Think developers can check out.

^^ And it ends with the same opinion that we will all probably share....

"I could go on about how well realised the 30 different locations are, or how amazing every one of the 70+ cars look and sound, but all of this would be time wasted that I could be spending playing this game."

Finally a review you CAN'T argue with.. :lol:

Not a fan of Metacritic scores but I'm genuinely interested in what the devs reaction to the reviews and the reception so far are. Anyone from WMD would like to give us an idea or some quotes from the forums?

No surprise here:

IGN Italia via Metacritic

"85 It's not a hardcore simulator, but it's close enough. Project CARS is a very good game to drive"

And yet this was their review of Assetto Corsa

"85 Assetto Corsa is a shining masterpiece of virtual motorsport, a new standard for the future of driving simulators and an all-Italian pride."

Same scores (85) yet VERY different comments.

Biased much?

No surprise here:

"85 It's not a hardcore simulator, but it's close enough. Project CARS is a very good game to drive"

"85 Assetto Corsa is a shining masterpiece of virtual motorsport, a new standard for the future of driving simulators and an all-Italian pride."

Biased much?
They might be a bit, yes. Still, as a simulator AC is very good.
However, saying that pCARS is not as much of a sim is a bit of confusion on their part maybe.
I think they may be mixing the FFB and physics here.
What AC excells at over pCARS is the default FFB settings. When I first loaded up AC recently I was pretty impressed with the FFB out of the box (after turning off the canned effects).
To get that same level of FFB in pCARS some amount of tweaking of settings is required.
Without that, the feeling at the wheel is not as good and detailed, so they may be confusing that for the physics.
However, if you look at car behavior, I think both sims are on equal footing (at least).

They might be a bit, yes. Still, as a simulator AC is very good.
However, saying that pCARS is not as much of a sim is a bit of confusion on their part maybe.
I think they may be mixing the FFB and physics here.
What AC excells at over pCARS is the default FFB settings. When I first loaded up AC recently I was pretty impressed with the FFB out of the box (after turning off the canned effects).
To get that same level of FFB in pCARS some amount of tweaking of settings is required.
Without that, the feeling at the wheel is not as good and detailed, so they may be confusing that for the physics.
However, if you look at car behavior, I think both sims are on equal footing (at least).

Fair enough and I don't disagree with that arguement, but when they give both games the same score, how can they make such very different comments?

Their pCARS comments lead you to believe that it is merely a mediocre game, whereas their AC comments make it out to be the be all and end all of the entire racing genre.

Fair enough and I don't disagree with that arguement, but when they give both games the same score, how can they make such very different comments?

Their pCARS comments lead you to believe that it is merely a mediocre game, whereas their AC comments make it out to be the be all and end all of the entire racing genre.
Probably they gave the score cause pcars as a package and a game is better (and it is). Physics is only part of the equation. I didn't read the reviews though, only read the part you quoted.

No surprise here:

Biased much?

I haven't been really impressed with Assetto Corsa (no rolling start option and course selection are my biggest gripes). Maybe Project CARS will make me fall into love of car sims on PCs.

when they give both games the same score, how can they make such very different comments?

If I rated Dee-lite's "Groove Is In The Heart" and Beethoven's Piano Sonata #14 as pieces of music I'd give them both an 8/10. That's how :)

No surprise here:

Biased much?

Are they biased against the game that they gave 85 to but less glowing comments, or against the game they described as a masterpiece but only gave 85?

Back