Project CARS Series Wishlist Thread

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 735 comments
Seeing that we have so much IMSA content, how about an M5?
M5-Donohue-1994.JPG

This thread is for noting your wishes for any SMS employees, @The Owl, and @IanBell to peruse through at their leisure for suggestions to take for the quickly upcoming Project CARS 2's DLC list or future Project CARS games.

I would like to thank Ian very much for taking time out of his days recently to respond so much to the general community. It's always lovely when a developer does such a thing and with a general community that can be extremely harsh (sim racers not GTP). So thanks again, I literally wish I could be you as I'm sure many of us do.

To kick things off in terms of suggestions I'd like to see Rudskogen Motorsenter included in the series at some point. A general car class would like to see is TCR, and while fairly new it is a highly entertaining class to watch.
I'd like to wish for my g29 to work properly like it does in p1

What I wish for an update is that you can view, share and edit your tunings without starting a race, directly in the main menu. This tuning menu is really missing in the game.
Also it would be nice in the same new menu a list with available tunings from other player, that you can easy choose a car and a tuning from a top 10 leadboard driver without starting a leaderboard race.

Thank you.

It will be nice to be able to skip replay to whatever part you want. Right now we can only speed up to 5x which is ridiculous for long race replays.
Another thing, while waiting in online mode between qualifying and race, pressing X or proceed button throws you out to main menu. It's weird because you can scroll though players names and you'd think it would open their profile instead. Would be nice if it atleast asked if you want to quit.
Also, Viper GT3, SMS please.

I wish people would stop requesting cars that would be out of place timewise to the current cars in the class. *cough* 787B *cough*:sly:

I'm sure I'm on my own with this one but a Formula E car or two would fit nicely into the fun pack, it would fit nicely with that picture of Lucas di Grassi looking at a trophy on the menus too (then again the original came had a picture of Fernando Alonso).

I'm sure I'm on my own with this one but a Formula E car or two would fit nicely into the fun pack, it would fit nicely with that picture of Lucas di Grassi looking at a trophy on the menus too (then again the original came had a picture of Fernando Alonso).
Add the Tesla E-GT racer. ;)

I'm hoping we get the Giulia, more 4-door sedans and a few more Alfa race cars.

Late 80s. Check

Yep. I'm fine with it.
Thats why i would not really recommend the peugeot 905. firstly, its not a group c car. Everybody thinks that but the rules for category 1 were different. 3.5 atmospheric engine and closed bodywork. Group c was fuel limitation depending on engine size and aspiration with free drivetrains. Also, since the Peugeot is a formula one car with wheel arches and they Programm it realistically, it would just drive away from the pack with ease. Not much entertainment in that.

Still there is much to choose from, the toyota 88cv or 89cv for example. Major manufacturer, easy licensing.

Last edited:
Thats why i would not really recommend the peugeot 905. firstly, its not a group c car. Everybody thinks that but the rules for category 1 were different. 3.5 atmospheric engine and closed bodywork. Group c was fuel limitation depending in engine size and aspiration with free drivetrains. Also, since its a formula obe car with wheel arches abd they‘d set it up realistically, it would just drive away from the pack with ease. Not much entertainment in that.

Still there is much to choose from, the toyota 88cv or 89cv for example. Major manufacturer, easy licensing.
I wouldn't say that about Toyota.

This thread is for noting your wishes for any SMS employees, @The Owl, and @IanBell to peruse through at their leisure for suggestions to take for the quickly upcoming Project CARS 2's DLC list or future Project CARS games.

I would like to thank Ian very much for taking time out of his days recently to respond so much to the general community. It's always lovely when a developer does such a thing and with a general community that can be extremely harsh (sim racers not GTP). So thanks again, I literally wish I could be you as I'm sure many of us do.

To kick things off in terms of suggestions I'd like to see Rudskogen Motorsenter included in the series at some point. A general car class would like to see is TCR, and while fairly new it is a highly entertaining class to watch.
I'd love to see a full 60s trans-am class to go with the camaro. (Boss 302 mustang, aar cuda etc. )

Yeah, I'd love some Kei cars in the game.

I'm just hoping SMS don't do what PDI did. Having only 1 V8 Supercar, after being introduced to the series.

I wish a replay button for online races directly after the end of a match to play the same track with the same car again.

Often we make races with only 2-3 laps and we spend half of the time with loading screens.

I would like to see the cockpit camera adjustment moved into each car's setup menu. It's great that they moved out of game setup menu and into the pause menu where you can kind of adjust it on the fly better. But the problem with that is whatever number you've just set for the car you're currently driving, that number is applied to the next car you get in and every other car.

If you've moved the camera back just a bit to see the outside mirrors better, the next car you get in it can look like you're driving from the back seat. That setup does not need to universally apply to every car whenever you change it.

I would like to see the cockpit camera adjustment moved into each car's setup menu. It's great that they moved out of game setup menu and into the pause menu where you can kind of adjust it on the fly better. But the problem with that is whatever number you've just set for the car you're currently driving, that number is applied to the next car you get in and every other car.

If you've moved the camera back just a bit to see the outside mirrors better, the next car you get in it can look like you're driving from the back seat. That setup does not need to universally apply to every car whenever you change it.
You could try the seat adjustment controls. I'm not sure if it saves the seat position when you quit the game, but you can pause and temporarily assign buttons to move the seat back/forward, and then you're set for at least the remainder of that play session. 👍

The seat adjustment has been useful to me for some extra height to peer over the Caterham 620 R's wind deflector, or to move down a bit to read gauges from behind the steering wheel rim.

You could try the seat adjustment controls. I'm not sure if it saves the seat position when you quit the game, but you can pause and temporarily assign buttons to move the seat back/forward, and then you're set for at least the remainder of that play session. 👍

The seat adjustment has been useful to me for some extra height to peer over the Caterham 620 R's wind deflector, or to move down a bit to read gauges from behind the steering wheel rim.

Are the seat adjustment controls in a different place than the pause "options" menu?

Are the seat adjustment controls in a different place than the pause "options" menu?
They're under the button assignments for the controls, second tab from the right. I just set a button or two for what I need, move the seat, and then change the button(s) back.

Back