Project CARS Series Wishlist Thread

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 735 comments
I’m tempted to get assetto corsa ultimate edition. I love forza but can’t enjoy project cars to much and assetto corsa Ferrari pack is cool. The f1 car is almost worth it alone. But I also wish assetto corsa competition comes to Xbox

I’m tempted to get assetto corsa ultimate edition. I love forza but can’t enjoy project cars to much and assetto corsa Ferrari pack is cool. The f1 car is almost worth it alone. But I also wish assetto corsa competition comes to Xbox

Assetto's online is possibly even more deserted than PC2's. I have the 'Big 3' for PS4Pro (AC Ultimate, PC2, GTS) and the only one with a viable online is GTS. Unless you are willing and able to go the PC route. But if all you do is offline, AC is fun, albeit without weather and time progression (from what I have seen of AC Comp, it looks like what PC2 already does well). TBH, as poorly as an XB1 runs PC2 (lots of discussion about poor graphics and FFB at even medium track counts), I'm not sure an AC Comp port to XB1 is going to be satisfactory.

What is stopping you having fun on PC2?

I would love the australian tracks that were available in Toca Race Driver 3, like
  • Barbagallo
  • Adelaide
  • Pukehohe
  • Eastern Creek
  • Hidden Valley
  • Queensland
  • Sandown
  • Symmons Plains
  • Phillip Island
But I understand that nowadays it is a much bigger undertaking to make a track for today's standards than it was in 2006. But aussies would be mad glad about that I´m sure ;)

From Gemany
  • Norisring
  • Lausitz
would be great.

And being from Czech republic I greatly appreciate Brno being in the game already.

A slider for the camera shake effect would be nice maybe something like 1-10? 💡

Its a cool feature but it would be nice if you could control how much it shakes. :)

A slider for the camera shake effect would be nice maybe something like 1-10? 💡

Its a cool feature but it would be nice if you could control how much it shakes. :)
Is camera shake an external view feature?
Because I see no difference in helmet cam whether it's on or off.

Is camera shake an external view feature?
Because I see no difference in helmet cam whether it's on or off.
Only when your driving in chase cam do you see the camera shaking, if you driving in interior view or helmet cam you see the car dashboard shaking.

Like this short clip

Since i 99.9% of the time play in chase cam it be nice if i could have the shake effect at 6 and not the default 10 that its on when you turn the option on.

AI Range setting. At the moment we have two AI sliders which results in the AI being very similar in standard - if you are using one make of car they can often all finish within a few tenths of each other. The same would happen if AI range was set to 100, but if set to 0 there would be a significant range in speed of the AI so they would be spread out. I would like to have this as an option.

AI Range setting. At the moment we have two AI sliders which results in the AI being very similar in standard - if you are using one make of car they can often all finish within a few tenths of each other. The same would happen if AI range was set to 100, but if set to 0 there would be a significant range in speed of the AI so they would be spread out. I would like to have this as an option.

This would be a very nice upgrade. Since I have turned more into custom races as of late I would love to determine the spread of the field. Especially useful for driver who are still a bit inconsistent in speed I guess.
Also in multiclass races it would be nice to give each class a certain level. This way one could easier say I want class A to lap class B in x laps.

This thread is for noting your wishes for any SMS employees, @The Owl, and @IanBell to peruse through at their leisure for suggestions to take for the quickly upcoming Project CARS 2's DLC list or future Project CARS games.

I would like to thank Ian very much for taking time out of his days recently to respond so much to the general community. It's always lovely when a developer does such a thing and with a general community that can be extremely harsh (sim racers not GTP). So thanks again, I literally wish I could be you as I'm sure many of us do.

To kick things off in terms of suggestions I'd like to see Rudskogen Motorsenter included in the series at some point. A general car class would like to see is TCR, and while fairly new it is a highly entertaining class to watch.
Make the tire pressure read in psi in the pit stop.... it is a simple request. I have been screwed over numerous times making last minute adjustments when the tire pressure settings changed on me. Don't have time to look up bar to psi in less than a minute. So I've guessed. (Usually wrong). In league racing, I've gone from 2nd place to 7th because of this. Please change this...is it hard to do?... it displays psi in set up. Why not in pit stop?

Be nice to have a different perspective for the cockpit cam...

No matter whether a LHD or RHD car, the player position and perspective is from the center of the screen. This usually ends up with the rear view mirror mostly (or completely) obscured. How about the graphics adjusted so you can position your wheel to one side of the TV or the other, and treat the TV as your whole windshield?

Currently, if you do this, your perspective is all off due to the convergence lines all going to the center.

Of course, this would obscure your view to the driver side, but as that is often little more than the windshield pillar and precious little else, I think I could race without it... But racing without seeing the full mirror (or any mirror at all) is pretty tough.

Oh, and I'm still hoping for animation defeat for the sidelook... No matter how hard I try, that lurch to the side always makes me want to correct for the apparent motion! I don't have this problem in other games that simply 'flick' to sidelook, the same way it 'flicks' to rear-look..! Defeating an animation should be a pretty easy thing to implement.

Oh, and I'm still hoping for animation defeat for the sidelook... No matter how hard I try, that lurch to the side always makes me want to correct for the apparent motion! I don't have this problem in other games that simply 'flick' to sidelook, the same way it 'flicks' to rear-look..! Defeating an animation should be a pretty easy thing to implement.

That's something that bugs me as well. I can't even use it from my normal viewpoint in the karts because it's so disorienting.

It really should be a setting like it was in rFactor 1(you changed it outside of the game like so many useful adjustments in that but it could easily be an in-game option) to adjust the speed of the sidelook anywhere between the drunken lazy wobble to the side it is now and an instant switch. Some games do have it as an instant camera change(flick) to look sideways but bothers me almost as much as the slow lazy look does. I want it to be an animated turn, but a very fast one like I do in reality. Probably even faster because without VR or even triple screen you need to check to the sides very often because in reality peripheral vision does some of it and you can dart your eyes back and forth in an instant.

I think PC2 has a much faster sidelook from "cockpit" instead of "helmet" view which is almost good for me but I'd still like it to be faster. The helmet one is way too slow, I don't know if they are trying to simulate it not being easy to turn your head in a full race harness or something but it's just not good for people with only one screen. I think it's a bit better than it was in PC1 but not good enough.

Be nice to have a different perspective for the cockpit cam...

No matter whether a LHD or RHD car, the player position and perspective is from the center of the screen. This usually ends up with the rear view mirror mostly (or completely) obscured. How about the graphics adjusted so you can position your wheel to one side of the TV or the other, and treat the TV as your whole windshield?

Currently, if you do this, your perspective is all off due to the convergence lines all going to the center.

Of course, this would obscure your view to the driver side, but as that is often little more than the windshield pillar and precious little else, I think I could race without it... But racing without seeing the full mirror (or any mirror at all) is pretty tough.

So you want to be able to "sit" in the middle of the car rather than behind the wheel? I imagine the devs have made cockpit cameras that are really aimed at those who want immersion/realism which means sitting in the drivers seat.

I suspect bonnet and roof cameras are your best compromise in terms of being in the middle of the car rather than sat in the drivers seat.

I use virtual mirror because so many of the "real" ones are obscured. I just wish it was possible to remove the real mirror entirely.

So you want to be able to "sit" in the middle of the car rather than behind the wheel? I imagine the devs have made cockpit cameras that are really aimed at those who want immersion/realism which means sitting in the drivers seat.

I suspect bonnet and roof cameras are your best compromise in terms of being in the middle of the car rather than sat in the drivers seat.

I use virtual mirror because so many of the "real" ones are obscured. I just wish it was possible to remove the real mirror entirely.

No, you read me wrong (or I wrote it badly!)...

We already have a view for sitting in the middle of the car with the wheel to one side, but I'd prefer a view where the wheel itself was off center, and I moved my seat to behind the wheel. The problem using the view with the wheel to the side now is although the wheel is to the side (where it is in a real car!), the perspective is still centered.

Try it yourself. It looks very weird! But it DOES open up the cockpit view to seeing the entire windshield (at the cost of loosing what little sidelook there already is), which is normal FoV when driving. You can see both corners of your car, the full windshield, and most importantly, the full mirror.

I don't mind scooting my seat over a couple of feet or so depending on whether I'm in a RH or LH drive car, but given that, at least at a fairly 'normal' FoV you can see very little out the side window anyway, I'd be happy to give it up completely to gain a full windshield and mirror but my seat behind where the wheel SHOULD be!

But the perspective needs to be corrected to show the view from that wheel, rather than the center of the car...

Back