Project Cars vs. Forza 6 - Poll added September 18th

For those that have both (F6 full game, not the demo pls), which do you prefer?

• Forza 6

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Project Cars

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • On the fence, both are equally good in their own way.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Don't like either one.

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
Do have experience with demo and FM5 and also FM5 demo. My impressions are really similar to what I wrote nearly two years ago: Link

I'm still shocked that they can release a game with such driving physics and controls. Good to see TeamVVV highlighting car behaviour and not giving it a free pass. The handling feels really wrong on all aspects for me. I'm not surprised seeing how difficult it is to drive with 1:1 steering as the game physics make the cars behave very strangely, that it is probably why it is really hard to control car unless there is some steering aid helping. Seems the case since FM3 where T10 forced steering aid so it is drivable but since they they turned it off, it seems particularly in FM5 and FM6 made it really hard to push car to its limit while feeling in control.
Unfortunately I do not have access to those demos. The way I see it, is that simulation steering was not set up to be used on a controller. I believe that is what you're using it on, correct? I think it even mentions in the menu that it should be reserved for those with a wheel.

However, the feel I get from using simulation steering, doesn't feel much different then the feeling I get from PCars while using the same pad. Although, I recall you using the wheel for PCars, and you're also on the PC, right? So that's probably why you feel a difference.

Physics feels really fundamentally flawed and it looks like they are continuing to build on this model. They are probably calculating a lot of stuff and have good data but the end product is really shocking. I'm amazed how Assetto Corsa feels so much better and cars handle so much better while having so few people working on it and the same for pCARS.
Kind of to vague of a comment to add or reply anything with, to be honest. Still, aren't those two games aimed at being physics focused first and foremost? That should be the first hint as to why, to be honest. They physics in Forza are in no way horrible, but they do cater to the more casual players, thats a given. Still with all assists off it definitely does do a good job for it considering that it's attention to physics may not be as detailed as PCars, for example.

There is no delta and you don't have reference sector times so you don't have something to compare yourself consistently which makes it really hard to understand how quick you are going. They seem to omit a lot of Motorsport relevant stuff out of the game and have been doing so for maybe since the franchise started.
Yeah, it would be nice to have it on screen for you. Although, I can't recall the times on Pcars ever reading accurately for that matter. Most of the time they where just froze and didn't change at all. Would love to have that in the game though, if I'm honest.

Yeah, I've always seen it as more of a title, that's based around cars, rather then an exact representation of what you're going to be doing. Though i can understand the sentiment.

Question, though; What is a delta?

Against Unbeatable or what it is called AI, I find I only have chance of winning if I overtake most of the field in the first corner or two.
I agree, to an extent. That is why I'd love for them to adjust a time slider just like on Pcars.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I do not have access to those demos. The way I see it, is that simulation steering was not set up to be used on a controller. I believe that is what you're using it on, correct? I think it even mentions in the menu that it should be reserved for those with a wheel.

However, the feel I get from using simulation steering, doesn't feel much different then the feeling I get from PCars while using the same pad. Although, I recall you using the wheel for PCars, and you're also on the PC, right? So that's probably why you feel a difference.
It was my feeling from FM5 and FM6 demo, FM5 full game and watching FM6 full game footage. I used Normal most of the time but ended up doing my fastest time on FM6 demo with simulation steering as it allows you to turn into corners slightly more although any serious oversteer moment and you are likely to lose control of car. The control system is completely different compared to pCARS and FM6 with pad and with handling feeling vastly different, not sure how it can be that similar with a pad.
Kind of to vague of a comment to add or reply anything with, to be honest. Still, aren't those two games aimed at being physics focused first and foremost? That should be the first hint as to why, to be honest. They physics in Forza are in no way horrible, but they do cater to the more casual players, thats a given. Still with all assists off it definitely does do a good job for it considering that it's attention to physics may not be as detailed as PCars, for example.
Most sim games are but the end product is what we go on. It feels horrible for me, makes cars seriously not fun to drive. I also don't like iRacing for similar reason but even that is better than FM for me. Don't think they cater to the more casual players as it is much harder to drive.
Yeah, it would be nice to have it on screen for you. Although, I can't recall the times on Pcars ever reading accurately for that matter. Most of the time they where just froze and didn't change at all. Would love to have that in the game though, if I'm honest.

Yeah, I've always seen it as more of a title, that's based around cars, rather then an exact representation of what you're going to be doing. Though i can understand the sentiment.

Question, though; What is a delta?
Delta time, see F1 glossary for a good explanation: Link
I agree, to an extent. That is why I'd love for them to adjust a time slider just like on Pcars.
Seems quite ridiculous though most of the racing for me is doing such a high number of overtakes in a few corners, been the case in FM5 and seems the case in FM6. Not much fun for me on top of the handling issues, it is rare for me to get any good racing action. Made it really hard for me to want to play FM5 which I had limited edition version and an Xbox One console with few games to play on but still couldn't bring myself to play it much. May get FM6 still though but that is more for as a home console and if anyone comes around, they can mess around on that while I keep my PS4 and PC safe. :lol:

Have both on my X1. Forza 6 obviously has about 100 times the budget which shows in menus, car models, car count, track detail, sounds, etc. It's very polished and plays very well. Easily the best Forza yet.
As for PCars comparison, I just couldn't get into PCars, the career is stale and barebones, hardly any cars, the tracks look horrendous, bugs waiting at every corner. The experience just doesn't feel thought out or complete. It could use another 2-3 years in development, but they probably ran out of money.
Physics wise on a gamepad it's no contest, FM6 blows PC away like it's nothing. PC has nice things like dynamic ToD and weather but pays the price of lower resolution and horrible framerates.

Say whaaa, I get 1440p@144fps, plus I have Gsync(render one frame ahead only) so my input latency is as low as it gets, peroid. Love Forza but it can't touch that.

Last edited:
Great discussion and shared viewpoints so far everyone. Added a poll today to see how the numbers work out. Tried to cover all the possible viewpoints. I specified the full game of Forza 6 because, as I understand it, the full game feels a little different than the demo and I'd like to compare each full game.

Great discussion and shared viewpoints so far everyone. Added a poll today to see how the numbers work out. Tried to cover all the possible viewpoints. I specified the full game of Forza 6 because, as I understand it, the full game feels a little different than the demo and I'd like to compare each full game.

Could you make the results viewable without voting? I would also be interested to see the results, but as I don't have FM6 I won't vote.

Perhaps include something about if people use wheel or pad and which game they prefer in this regard? Might have to wait for a VVV or ISR review to really get some news on how the wheels perform in F6.

They're so different, and bring so many different things to the table that even with FM6, as much as I love it, I've been going back and forth between them lately. Project Cars is great in terms replicating actual motorsport, with dedicated series, as well as dynamic weather and time. However, as I am playing both games with a pad, Project Cars is kind of a pain in the ass to get back into if you've been away from it for any length of time. On a controller, with all assists off, it can be really tough and demands your full attention. I can't be talking in a party when I'm playing that game or else my driving becomes awful.

Enter FM6. Much easier to just jump into; it's more of an immediate game. The racing is less engaging because of the horrendous AI, but the visuals, car roster, and deep customization make it more of an automotive paradise and I need a game like that too. And the gameplay on the whole is smoother and more consistent than what you get from Project Cars.

Quick comparison vid round Brands Hatch from VVV. Not sure if I'm biased, but I much prefer the look of pCARS handling-wise and graphically. The road surface looks better IMO and the car looks more drivable.

Haha ninja'd!

I agree. Lighting is more realistic in Pcars. Only Hood view is better in other areas Pcars look better. Hood cam though it appears like Forza6 tracks have more detailed especially trees look bigger or closer to track ? He has a video with tx wheel on Forza as well. He is not the best driver but I agree with him.

Say whaaa, I get 1440p@144fps, plus I have Gsync(render one frame ahead only) so my input latency is as low as it gets, peroid. Love Forza but it can't touch that.

He's abbreviating PCars as PC, not the platform.

It was my feeling from FM5 and FM6 demo, FM5 full game and watching FM6 full game footage. I used Normal most of the time but ended up doing my fastest time on FM6 demo with simulation steering as it allows you to turn into corners slightly more although any serious oversteer moment and you are likely to lose control of car. The control system is completely different compared to pCARS and FM6 with pad and with handling feeling vastly different, not sure how it can be that similar with a pad.
Yeah, but what you where explaining was your situation while using simulation steering(while on pad) in those post, or so I thought. Either way, like I said, that mode is set up to better work with wheel users, not pad users. They even recommend against it in the settings, I believe.

Simulation steering on FM hardly feels different then what Pcars feels like, on a pad. They both have snap oversteer instances, and end up being tank slappers most often then not if you're not careful. The difference between the two is so slight that it's hard to tell the difference. I asked before, but you didn't seem to answer so I'll ask again. You play PCars on Pc, and strictly with a wheel correct?

Most sim games are but the end product is what we go on. It feels horrible for me, makes cars seriously not fun to drive. I also don't like iRacing for similar reason but even that is better than FM for me. Don't think they cater to the more casual players as it is much harder to drive.
Feeling horrible is subjective, so I can't counter that for you. If that's how you feel that's fine, it's not for you. They definitely cater to the casual crowd, especially with all the assists and comforts like rewind, and allowing no collisions if you want. Harder to drive? I disagree. It's so much easier for me to drive that I'm doing better then I ever have.

Delta time, see F1 glossary for a good explanation: Link
Going off this, than you are incorrect. Just partially, though. They definitely do have a time difference between two lap times, however, it will only pop up on the end of the lap. Like I've said, it would be great for them to show it constantly on screen.

Seems quite ridiculous though most of the racing for me is doing such a high number of overtakes in a few corners, been the case in FM5 and seems the case in FM6. Not much fun for me on top of the handling issues, it is rare for me to get any good racing action. Made it really hard for me to want to play FM5 which I had limited edition version and an Xbox One console with few games to play on but still couldn't bring myself to play it much. May get FM6 still though but that is more for as a home console and if anyone comes around, they can mess around on that while I keep my PS4 and PC safe. :lol:
Yes, that's why a slider for adjusting how many laps will be raced would be an excellent feature, because that would all but alleviate this instance for you. Career mode, for me, has been nothing more than something to mess around with. If I want to truly race I try to take it online as that will always give me a better challenge.

It's more of a handling preference than it is a handling issue, in your case.

I really fail to see any major differences between the two when using a pad. Both are very consistent, realistic handlers that do what you expect a car to do based on your inputs.

I like Project CARS more than FM6 in the physics and gameplay department. I feel like I can push more in PCARS than in FM6. There's more grip in PCARS so you can really push to get to the edge of performance before the drop off. It almost feels like the cars are on rear casters in FM6 sometimes.

I also like the fact that PCARS allows you to scale your race length so you can have a 2+ hour race or a 15 minute one. The fact that plenty of series have practice and qualifying adds to immersion. Also, FM6 forces terrible racing habits by requiring you to finish top three in every race while always starting you in 12th or 11th place during 2, 3, or 4 lap races. This forces the player to rely on the Paul Tracy theory of overtaking whereby you push everyone out of your way to win. I mean, I get it, it's fun, but it's cheap.

FM6 looks better, but only marginally. The sound is comparable in both games. Obviously the roster of cars is bigger in FM6 but I feel like PCARS makes better use of its limited roster than FM6 with its expansive roster. In particular, I've always disliked how FM never differentiates modern LMPs from older LM900, LMGTP and Group C. In PCARS they don't show up in the same race unless you specify multi class and even then you're only racing against cars in your class. I absolutely abhor how FM requires that all cars, including race cars, be upgraded to the category max performance rating for the sake of balancing performance. It feels cheap; half assed. I liked that Horizon 2 let you run what you brung type thing.

I mean, FM6 is fun in its own ways. The pick up and play aspect means it's easier to get into and have instant fun. It just kinda falls flat elsewhere.

VXR
I really fail to see any major differences between the two when using a pad. Both are very consistent, realistic handlers that do what you expect a car to do based on your inputs.

I don't think you're pushing hard enough on the pad. I'm also a pad user and I can absolutely feel a difference in the gameplay. For me, PCARS is more responsive and let's me get the most out of whatever car I'm using while FM6 feels like it's on skates or casters. The steering feel is also so sluggish in FM6 in low speed corners. I never really feel like I'm getting the most out of my car.

I've only had the game for about a week so I'll probably get a better or different feel as I play on, but so far PCARS is winning.

I like Project CARS more than FM6 in the physics and gameplay department. I feel like I can push more in PCARS than in FM6. There's more grip in PCARS so you can really push to get to the edge of performance before the drop off. It almost feels like the cars are on rear casters in FM6 sometimes.
What I notice to be the culprit with instances like this, is that a tune is definitely going to be needed after modifying a car. Other wise it will drive how you're describing. With my cars tuned, they handle absolutely wonderfully. I definitely feel the opposite in this regard.

I also like the fact that PCARS allows you to scale your race length so you can have a 2+ hour race or a 15 minute one. The fact that plenty of series have practice and qualifying adds to immersion. Also, FM6 forces terrible racing habits by requiring you to finish top three in every race while always starting you in 12th or 11th place during 2, 3, or 4 lap races. This forces the player to rely on the Paul Tracy theory of overtaking whereby you push everyone out of your way to win. I mean, I get it, it's fun, but it's cheap.
I completely agree with this, wholeheartedly. If they would just up the laps, at least, than it would be fine. How it sits right now though is pushing it a bit.

FM6 looks better, but only marginally. The sound is comparable in both games. Obviously the roster of cars is bigger in FM6 but I feel like PCARS makes better use of its limited roster than FM6 with its expansive roster. In particular, I've always disliked how FM never differentiates modern LMPs from older LM900, LMGTP and Group C. In PCARS they don't show up in the same race unless you specify multi class and even then you're only racing against cars in your class. I absolutely abhor how FM requires that all cars, including race cars, be upgraded to the category max performance rating for the sake of balancing performance. It feels cheap; half assed. I liked that Horizon 2 let you run what you brung type thing.
Audio department I think goes to PCars, concerning the cars. They sound absolutely great, especially the race vehicles. Roster for Pcars was never a problem for me, but I tend to stick to road cars more often than not. I also agree that Horizon 2 had a much better approach. I liked the fact that I can bring a car from any class at any PI rating and it would all be factored around you.

I don't think you're pushing hard enough on the pad. I'm also a pad user and I can absolutely feel a difference in the gameplay. For me, PCARS is more responsive and let's me get the most out of whatever car I'm using while FM6 feels like it's on skates or casters. The steering feel is also so sluggish in FM6 in low speed corners. I never really feel like I'm getting the most out of my car.

I've only had the game for about a week so I'll probably get a better or different feel as I play on, but so far PCARS is winning.
I agree with @VXR, the differences between the pad are slight, but only when you're using Simulation steering on FM6. Like I mentioned, if you want the most out your car, I would recommend getting into tuning as my experience is completely opposite of yours while on FM6.

What I notice to be the culprit with instances like this, is that a tune is definitely going to be needed after modifying a car. Other wise it will drive how you're describing. With my cars tuned, they handle absolutely wonderfully. I definitely feel the opposite in this regard.

I completely agree with this, wholeheartedly. If they would just up the laps, at least, than it would be fine. How it sits right now though is pushing it a bit.

Audio department I think goes to PCars, concerning the cars. They sound absolutely great, especially the race vehicles. Roster for Pcars was never a problem for me, but I tend to stick to road cars more often than not. I also agree that Horizon 2 had a much better approach. I liked the fact that I can bring a car from any class at any PI rating and it would all be factored around you.

I agree with @VXR, the differences between the pad are slight, but only when you're using Simulation steering on FM6. Like I mentioned, if you want the most out your car, I would recommend getting into tuning as my experience is completely opposite of yours while on FM6.

Do you have any tuning guidelines for FM6? I have PCARS more or less down pat and can tune a car to feel how I want it to and do what I want it to but I'm not sure if any if the things I do in that game carry over to FM6. I would like some guidance on tire, suspension and differential tuning. Thanks in advance.

Do you have any tuning guidelines for FM6? I have PCARS more or less down pat and can tune a car to feel how I want it to and do what I want it to but I'm not sure if any if the things I do in that game carry over to FM6. I would like some guidance on tire, suspension and differential tuning. Thanks in advance.
I'll PM you, as this probably wouldn't be the best area to discuss it. Wouldn't want to take the thread off track.

Forza 6 definitely.

The rain races are fantastic in every way, the last wet lap I had on PCARS on the French coast the game stuttered and lagged. A first for a next Gen game and doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Forza 6 definitely.

The rain races are fantastic in every way, the last wet lap I had on PCARS on the French coast the game stuttered and lagged. A first for a next Gen game and doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Ahhhh.... the joy of beeing stuck on console and providing a fair opinion... ;)

I'm amazed how Assetto Corsa feels so much better and cars handle so much better while having so few people working on it and the same for pCARS.

Not that surprising, I don't think any of those studios have more than a handful of people working on the handling model.

What's unfair about my opinion?
-I have Forza 6 and Project CARS.
-I played both on the same machine.
-I found Forza 6 too be more stable and run better.
-I found Forza 6 too simulate rain too a far superior effect to any simulator I've ever played or seen.
-I found Forza 6's AI is actually effected by the rain.
-I found Forza 6 too have a superior selection of cars.
-I found Forza 6's driving experience too be far better.

PCARS has some tracks I would love to see in Forza 6, dynamic weather(which it poorly simulates)/time, qualifying and a potentially better career, minus glitches and some half done **** (found the whole twitter thing awesome until I realized there was like only 15 individual tweets... Its tweets for christ's sake, ask your kid too spend like 30 minutes to come up with some, you would have like a thousand).

Not that surprising, I don't think any of those studios have more than a handful of people working on the handling model.
People keep saying this but I really can't tell the difference between GT6/FM6/PCARS other thant in PCARS and other hard core simulators that it's really hard to control your cars to the point which makes me wonder if that's so realistic why I don't die every time I touch my gas pedal on my 350+ hp Genesis coupe. I don't even have race slicks on.

Last edited:
-I found Forza 6 too simulate rain too a far superior effect to any simulator I've ever played or seen.

PCARS has some tracks I would love to see in Forza 6, dynamic weather(which it poorly simulates)/time, qualifying and a potentially better career, minus glitches and some half done **** (found the whole twitter thing awesome until I realized there was like only 15 individual tweets... Its tweets for christ's sake, ask your kid too spend like 30 minutes to come up with some, you would have like a thousand).

People keep saying this but I really can't tell the difference between GT6/FM6/PCARS other thant in PCARS and other hard core simulators that it's really hard to control your cars to the point which makes me wonder if that's so realistic why I don't die every time I touch my gas pedal on my 350+ hp Genesis coupe. I don't even have race slicks on.

just a little check, you are a controller driver right??

No pun intended :cheers:
just play with what you like!!!

but when played with a wheel, project cars is sooooooooooooooooo much better than forza 6 it is not even in the same league.

i have both games and like both games, but when played with a wheel there is nothing better than project cars.

if you are driving with a wheel and still think there is almost no difference between forza and project cars, there is definitly something wrong with your wheel ;)

(when driving with a controller i can understand people say there is not much difference between the 2 games)

Your opinion is fine. The only requirement of the OP is that you have played both games and that you've done. Thanks for the input:tup:

Ah, to be totally dismissive of ones opinion as if being on a console has anything to do with his opinion being wrong or right.

just a little check, you are a controller driver right??

No pun intended :cheers:
just play with what you like!!!

but when played with a wheel, project cars is sooooooooooooooooo much better than forza 6 it is not even in the same league.

i have both games and like both games, but when played with a wheel there is nothing better than project cars.

if you are driving with a wheel and still think there is almost no difference between forza and project cars, there is definitly something wrong with your wheel ;)

(when driving with a controller i can understand people say there is not much difference between the 2 games)
There is difference between the two games. There is little difference with steering feel when using simulation steering, though. I can imagine Pcars being much better with a wheel, but it was just horribly optimized for the controller, so much so that it turned me off of the game(that, and the bugs.) I never liked simulation steering, it just never felt realistic with a pad, and with PCars feeling very similar to that setting I just grew weary of it.

On console, specifically the One? FM6. PCARS might hold an advantage in physics, slightly, but it loses out on content count, polish, and the customization. Oh, PCARS gets the nod on tracks too. These are still games first and foremost for me, and FM6 provides massive heaps of fun.

If SMS didn't treat the One community as second-rate citizens, I'd be more inclined to play it.

I have both games.

I like them both, they suplement each other in a good way. Neather is perfect, but for people who love car games and have and Xbox 1 both games should be in the collection.

To sum up my view.

Project cars.

Physics are better than Forza 6.

Sound is way better.

Camera system is very good. its posibel to set field of view to a lot of diferent ways to suit your liking.

Tracks. There are a ton of tracks some very fun and more unknown tracks that has not been in other titles before as long as most of the big ones that we all love form all the other racing games.

Cars. There is not many compared with Gran turismo or Forza. But still a lot of cars more than enough if you ask me. But I am also the kind of person who prefer to drive the same car for a very long time until i get to know it.

From a simulation standpoint it is supirior to Forza 6.

If you love to do time trials and fine tune your car this is a very good game.

Tuning is good, but its not posibel to buy new parts and upgrade your cars like in Forza.

So many bugs exist in the game. Some have been patched out but there are still a ton of bugs. It will proberly never be free of bugs. The code it self seems to be a bowl of spaggetti mess. Might be the nature of the Xbox one that is hard to code on, since other games also have problems. Although P Cars is extremely bugged.

Also it has some poor menu design. Cant change controller settings or other settings while doing time trials or races, have to exit and go all the way back to options to change it. That combined with the game is somewhat hard to find the best controller input settings makes it very anoying, to a point where some people just dont want to hazzle with it anymore and just shelf the game.

I dont play much multiplayer. But word on the street is its a total mess more or less unplayable.

The Single player campaing. Is not that well designed eather. It lacks options. And there is not much feel of working towards a goal. Since the game is fully unlocked from the start. So you wont earn money or XP to have the feel of being able to buy better cars and part for them.

Achivements. If you like to 100 % a game with all achivements its more or less imposibel because some bugs with achivements and how the game tracks your progress.

The community forum. The developers have been very active with interacting with the customers, unfortunetly its lead by people who are unwilling to listen to any form of contructive critisism. If you post is negative the Forum moderators have some sort of weird arrogant humor, you will most likely be banned or get trolled by fan boys that is uncapable of having a mature discusion about the game and what could be done to further improve it.

Forza 6.

Physics are good but not as good as Project cars. It is still a sim game, but its just not as well done as Project cars.

Sounds are somewhat low. Not as bad as Gran Turismo, but seems worse than previous Forza titles and not as good as Project cars.

Camera system. Can be a real pain there are not many options to adjust field of view or seat hight. In car view in some cars, you can barely see the road because you sit to low or far back in the car. Hopefully turn 10 will fix this in a future patch.

Tracks. Has fewer tracks than Project Cars, but still have most of the big ones we all love.

Cars. There are a lot more than Project cars + the ability to buy parts and upgrade them with your own cusomized livery's . Its supirior to Project cars in this department

Single player is a lot more fun than Project cars. There is a natural progression and it feels like there is a goal to work towards when earning money and credits. It has some elements of a more arcadish feel compared to Project cars. There is a spin / lotto system for earning prizes, and also there are mods that can change game conditions. The more serious sim lover may not like it this way, but I think main stream customers will find it fun and entertaning. I like it a lot my self, and im normally more of a sim guy and mostly dislike arcade racers.

Tuning. You can both upgrade and buy new parts for your cars and tune them to all your liking.

Multiplayer. Its working its easy to get a lobby, and a quick race fix when ever you desire. The races are often filled with rammers and idiots who think its destruction derby though, but that is not the games fault, Its just the nature of more or less every online racing game out there.

It also has a few bugs. Some achivements are currently bugged, and there are isues with some cars that are over powered and drivertars are bugged too where it can sometimes be imposibel to win a single player race even on the easyest settings. Turn 10 has stated that they are looking into the isues, and they will be fixed in a future patch.

The community forum. Turn 10 is not that active on their own forum. They post rarely and keep the customers mostly in the unknow about further updating the game.

Verdict.

Project Cars. It is a very good game besides all the bugs. For people who truely love simulation car and racing games it is a must buy. For the average joe or main stream customer it may not be the best choice.

Forza 6. Its very fun and addictive I think it is more cattered for the average joe compared to Project cars. But still for people who loves racing games it should be a must buy.

So to sum it up. If you love racing games and have the Xbox one these two games are both must have as the suplement each other very well.

Last edited:
I have both games.

I like them both, they suplement each other in a good way. Neather is perfect, but for people who love car games and have and Xbox 1 both games should be in the collection.

To sum up my view.

Project cars.

Physics are better than Forza 6.

Sound is way better.

Camera system is very good. its posibel to set field of view to a lot of diferent ways to suit your liking.

Tracks. There are a ton of tracks some very fun and more unknown tracks that has not been in other titles before as long as most of the big ones that we all love form all the other racing games.

Cars. There is not many compared with Gran turismo or Forza. But still a lot of cars more than enough if you ask me. But I am also the kind of person who prefer to drive the same car for a very long time until i get to know it.

From a simulation standpoint it is supirior to Forza 6.

If you love to do time trials and fine tune your car this is a very good game.

Tuning is good, but its not posibel to buy new parts and upgrade your cars like in Forza.

So many bugs exist in the game. Some have been patched out but there are still a ton of bugs. It will proberly never be free of bugs. The code it self seems to be a bowl of spaggetti mess. Might be the nature of the Xbox one that is hard to code on, since other games also have problems. Although P Cars is extremely bugged.

Also it has some poor menu design. Cant change controller settings or other settings while doing time trials or races, have to exit and go all the way back to options to change it. That combined with the game is somewhat hard to find the best controller input settings makes it very anoying, to a point where some people just dont want to hazzle with it anymore and just shelf the game.

I dont play much multiplayer. But word on the street is its a total mess more or less unplayable.

The Single player campaing. Is not that well designed eather. It lacks options. And there is not much feel of working towards a goal. Since the game is fully unlocked from the start. So you wont earn money or XP to have the feel of being able to buy better cars and part for them.

Achivements. If you like to 100 % a game with all achivements its more or less imposibel because some bugs with achivements and how the game tracks your progress.

The community forum. The developers have been very active with interacting with the customers, unfortunetly its lead by people who are unwilling to listen to any form of contructive critisism. If you post is negative the Forum moderators have some sort of weird arrogant humor, you will most likely be banned or get trolled by fan boys that is uncapable of having a mature discusion about the game and what could be done to further improve it.

Forza 6.

Physics are good but not as good as Project cars. It is still a sim game, but its just not as well done as Project cars.

Sounds are somewhat low. Not as bad as Gran Turismo, but seems worse than previous Forza titles and not as good as Project cars.

Camera system. Can be a real pain there are not many options to adjust field of view or seat hight. In car view in some cars, you can barely see the road because you sit to low or far back in the car. Hopefully turn 10 will fix this in a future patch.

Tracks. Has fewer tracks than Project Cars, but still have most of the big ones we all love.

Cars. There are a lot more than Project cars + the ability to buy parts and upgrade them with your own cusomized livery's . Its supirior to Project cars in this department

Single player is a lot more fun than Project cars. There is a natural progression and it feels like there is a goal to work towards when earning money and credits. It has some elements of a more arcadish feel compared to Project cars. There is a spin / lotto system for earning prizes, and also there are mods that can change game conditions. The more serious sim lover may not like it this way, but I think main stream customers will find it fun and entertaning. I like it a lot my self, and im normally more of a sim guy and mostly dislike arcade racers.

Tuning. You can both upgrade and buy new parts for your cars and tune them to all your liking.

Multiplayer. Its working its easy to get a lobby, and a quick race fix when ever you desire. The races are often filled with rammers and idiots who think its destruction derby though, but that is not the games fault, Its just the nature of more or less every online racing game out there.

It also has a few bugs. Some achivements are currently bugged, and there are isues with some cars that are over powered and drivertars are bugged too where it can sometimes be imposibel to win a single player race even on the easyest settings. Turn 10 has stated that they are looking into the isues, and they will be fixed in a future patch.

The community forum. Turn 10 is not that active on their own forum. They post rarely and keep the customers mostly in the unknow about further updating the game.

Verdict.

Project Cars. It is a very good game besides all the bugs. For people who truely love simulation car and racing games it is a must buy. For the average joe or main stream customer it may not be the best choice.

Forza 6. Its very fun and addictive I think it is more cattered for the average joe compared to Project cars. But still for people who loves racing games it should be a must buy.

So to sum it up. If you love racing games and have the Xbox one these two games are both must have as the suplement each other very well.

There have been reports and confirmation by some Pcars players, that camber is broken, zero camber gives better lap time and tire wear, SMS devs confirmed the camber issue, they are investigating and working on it, but might be awhile to get a fix. So, FM6 might have a lead on this one. Not to mention the landmines ( confirmed caused by suspension geometry solver code, accumulating toe as the car driven at the track ), the fix has been said to be found but not yet implemented/released as a patch.

While Fm6, a member here is investigating suspension physics, in particular ARB which reportedly have little effect on some cars.

Nothing is perfect :)

Back