Project Cars vs. Forza 6 - Poll added September 18th

For those that have both (F6 full game, not the demo pls), which do you prefer?

• Forza 6

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Project Cars

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • On the fence, both are equally good in their own way.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Don't like either one.

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
...... But I'm not sure it works well comparing Pcars to Forza 6. What does each one get blatantly wrong?
Can't say that I picked up on anything that was "blantantly wrong" in PCars. I have picked up on a few in Forza though. Tire pressures and temps jump out pretty quick.

I doubt a driver could ever filter out just the visual experience of driving a real car from the rest of the sensory inputs he gets. Which he would need to do because in a simulator that's all you have. Beyond that how do you deal with the problem of different setups.

But what if one sim gets the tires right and the other gets the suspension right. Which one is more realistic in that case? which one is more important? If the tires were bang on but the suspension was wrong, would he know which one was off? Could we really trust a humans ability to judge a simulation's physics by visuals alone, I wouldn't even trust it if he had all the senses. We, humans, are just not very good measuring sticks.

Well, I was really just looking at lap times and handling on all the tire models with the best optimal setup for each car, track and driving style. I believe that is the way it is programmed into the Console Racing Simulators, It doesn't make sense to me to assume every possible sub-optimal tire and suspension combination is extracted very precisely to be implemented into the program for console racing simulation, if not all Racing Simulation. Which means far less conditions that need to be detected, So human feedback is valued and needed, because sub-optimal telemetry is a non-factor. I assume and think you just have to have basic understanding of the car spec to tune to the sweet spot, and that is where the comparison from real car to simulation car is made, but I still think a race driver is needed for final feedback input, that is why race team have test drivers, and even the fastest driver gives feedback to engineering, GT Academy winners still had race driving school, where they learned much more about driving, and the car to communicate with engineers to give feedback for optimal performance, so in my opinion they would be the perfect people to give a Real vs. Simulation racing feedback, (If you could get their real opinion out of them:lol:) because the are sponsored by Gran Turismo. Kind of a "Catch Twenty two":boggled: Which leads back to my original statement.:D
:cheers:

Back