Project Morpheus VR headset and GT7

South Africa
South Africa
Hey guys, I hope this is the right thread to post this.

So, just a few hours ago, Sony announced Project Morpheus, A 1080P VR head unit for use on PS4 and according to the "insider" Thuway, GT7 WILL have this tech built into it.
What are your opinions on this?
I think its going to revolutionize Gran Turismo! To physically sit in these virtual cockpits, its going to blow our minds!

source: www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/18/driveclub-gt7-sony-santa-monica-and-media-molecule-project-in-the-works-for-morpheus-vr-headset-insider/

and heres info on the VR headset itself: www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/03/19/virtual-reality-is-the-next-innovation-how-ps4s-project-morpheus-shapes-the-future/

Last edited:
lol with 8GB of GDDR5, the skies the limit, honestly, there is no excuse from a graphics or physics perspective. Im sure the game will improvem tenfold.
Just you see! ;)

Hidden Bonus of using VR, PD will have to ditch the standards.

If anything, I wouldn't be suprised if they changed everything to standards in VR mode as it is less graphically intensive.

VR is graphically expensive as you have to essentially render everything twice, plus you need to maintain a minimum of 60 frames per second, at 1080p with anti-aliasing to not break the immersion. Anything lower would look awful and probably cause headaches/sickness.

Essentially, you can move 360 degrees and literally see what you would in real life and even tilt the head up to 90 degrees vertical and look up. In the cockpit of a car, its incredible!
Imagine leaning foward, looking at the gauges. This is like Forzas autovista mode to the n'th degree, literally interacting with things in the vehicle could one day be a possibility in GT.

so that's why they were so keen on implementing multi monitor support in v.1.05
This makes multi monitor support useless ....

Now we can only hope that this will be implemented before the end of 2015 ...

oh dear ... Morpheus = Mission Impossible .. Right?:nervous: ... Nope ...The Matrix ..👍

Morpheus = God of dreams .... :(

Last edited:
-but how wide will the field of view be? like one tv or like triplescreen?
-it will, probably, be used only with a PS4, no tv/playstation now.
-release date? who knows! and price, not less that a ps4, i suspect

-but how wide will the field of view be? like one tv or like triplescreen?
-it will, probably, be used only with a PS4, no tv/playstation now.
-release date? who knows! and price, not less that a ps4, i suspect
- FOV 90 ... Engadget Specs Morpheus VR
- Yes only PS4
- hahaha ... releasedate .. (don't forget this is pure marketing against Oculus VR ...)
- price will be round ps4 price I hope... which is a lot cheaper then the current multi-monitor support
... but you'll also need a PS4-Eye ... to track your DS4

I must say they have a lot of experience with this (Glasstron) since 1997 !!!
But the last one is a very expensive 3D viewer HMZ-T3W

Last edited:
GT is 82 degrees fov standard, so right from the start you have increase to 90 degrees without even looking left or right.

VBR
Using this for Project Cars on the PS4, now that does sound exciting!
:D

Guys here are upset about the game EVE:Valkyrie shown in the demo ...
It should be an Oculus Rift exclusive :D ... something is cooking ...

When is E3 again?

- FOV 90 ... Engadget Specs Morpheus VR
- Yes only PS4
- hahaha ... releasedate .. (don't forget this is pure marketing against Oculus VR ...)
- price will be round ps4 price I hope... which is a lot cheaper then the current multi-monitor support
... but you'll also need a PS4-Eye ... to track your DS4

90 degrees fov - fgame says GT is 82 fov, so... better, but not triplescreen effect, i think
ds4+camera - what about wheels? does logiteck dfgt works with ps4?

VBR
I was wondering, does that just include left to right, or up & down as well? If it were both, that would be ludicrously awesome!!! :crazy:
I think by turning your head you should be able to cover all with a constant 90 degrees FOV.

what about wheels? does logiteck dfgt works with ps4?
Yes it should work, but not for EA's NFS Rivals ....so we have to wait for DC to test that

90 degrees fov - fgame says GT is 82 fov, so... better, but not triplescreen effect, i think
ds4+camera - what about wheels? does logiteck dfgt works with ps4?

Wheel (including DFGT) support will be down to the software developer. It's not there by default with a PS4 (it doesn't power up if you plug the wheel in and turn on the PS4).

As @Johnnypenso said PD need to get the game right first before we start spending loads on extra accessories. GT5 had pretty good graphics and physics but left a lot to be desired as a game. So what did they improve for GT6? Graphics and physics.

...... nice though they are.

Has anyone used one of these things on a PC? What is the lag like from moving your head?

Wheel (including DFGT) support will be down to the software developer. It's not there by default with a PS4 (it doesn't power up if you plug the wheel in and turn on the PS4).
As @Johnnypenso said PD need to get the game right first before we start spending loads on extra accessories. GT5 had pretty good graphics and physics but left a lot to be desired as a game. So what did they improve for GT6? Graphics and physics.

- my doubt came because of ds3, if it cant work at ps4.... knowing its on PD's hands are good news, they'll support it, i think... better not have blind faith.
- true, gt has a lot of great contente/features but poor gameplay. i'm not buying any dlc or gt7 without a proper race editor first.

Great idea, goes to "nice to have" category.
After testing Oculus rift for 25-35 min can say at humans need to get used on those, sea sickness and other sickness of motion is so high at that 3D reality is too much for human brain's to handle.
It feels like your neck is cut and you don't feel your hands or feets, and that feeling stays few hours making hand/feet/head coordination really bad.

Maybe some real horizon line as ghost visible during "helmet" is on could help?

Great idea, goes to "nice to have" category.
After testing Oculus rift for 25-35 min can say at humans need to get used on those, sea sickness and other sickness of motion is so high at that 3D reality is too much for human brain's to handle.
It feels like your neck is cut and you don't feel your hands or feets, and that feeling stays few hours making hand/feet/head coordination really bad.

Maybe some real horizon line as ghost visible during "helmet" is on could help?
That's unfortunate for you, genuinely, but that is not the experience everyone is having. Granted people should be able to try this out before buying, because that kind of incompatibility is going to be a bit of a bummer for some.

It also depends heavily on the implementation. That's the work that the Oculus team and anyone who bought a dev kit are doing at the moment: figuring out what works, what doesn't and how to avoid any accidental nastiness like you describe. That way, best practices can be established before the Rift hits the market, giving developers time to get it into their games, and no doubt anything else that comes along in the same time frame will be able to benefit from such an open standard, too.

Sony obviously have a long line of "VR" headsets, but nothing has really sorted the interactive latency issue like the Rift has, which is where that double-edged sword of immersion vs. rejection comes in. I hope Sony does their homework with "Morpheus", too.

Not holding my breath, this is PD we're talking about. My money bets pCARS does it better. I'm more excited about playing Battlefield with VR, running around dodging bullets and explosions! O_O

VBR
I was wondering, does that just include left to right, or up & down as well? If it were both, that would be ludicrously awesome!!! :crazy:
Wherever you can look you will see horizontal 90degree view, If the vertical was also 90degree you would be looking through a square. The image is from a 1920x1080 display so the vertical should be around 50degrees maybe.
But I suppose if you tilt your head sideways you will then have a 90degree view of what used to be the vertical.

Back