Proper Triple Screen Support

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 57 comments
Yes, and all the time people who are not interested bugging in with all kinds of (poor) arguments why this feature should not be implied.
This should be THE showcase of PCars...

Oh, and please no argumentation about VR (Oculus Rift) as being the benchmark...
Yeah the "i don't care for this i'd rather have the devs focus on important things" argument is annoying. But like I said someone replied to me saying it's quite a task for the GPU to implement it.

Nobody is saying it should not be implemented as far as I can tell, only people that state other things are more important to work on. Also, Griff (SMS PC Lead) has already said he will be working on it. Also note he's probably the only one at SMS that is capable of architectural changes like this in the rendering engine, so yes, if there's a game-breaking issue or other issue that affects a large portion of users, it will be prioritized over this, always. So be patient. In the mean time the game will work in triple screen setups, but you will have a distortion effect, most notably on the side views (depending on angle/setup).

Nobody is saying it should not be implemented as far as I can tell, only people that state other things are more important to work on.
Sadly there are several on the official forum stating that this feature is only for very few PCars players and thus not worth putting effort in it, also mentioning that VR support needs prime attention.
But I trust the SMS guys to keep up to their promises and give the 'vocal minority' the needed support.
That is why I will place my order for three monitors, triple stand and PC very soon now :D

Sadly there are several on the official forum stating that this feature is only for very few PCars players and thus not worth putting effort in it, also mentioning that VR support needs prime attention.
But I trust the SMS guys to keep up to their promises and give the 'vocal minority' the needed support.
That is why I will place my order for three monitors, triple stand and PC very soon now :D
You'll be getting Assetto Corsa anyway when you get a PC so that has proper support. iRacing does it very well too. Honestly, I'm not bagging Project Cars for the lack of support, it's definitely still enjoyable on triple screens, it's just nowhere near as good as the others.

You'll be getting Assetto Corsa anyway when you get a PC so that has proper support. iRacing does it very well too. Honestly, I'm not bagging Project Cars for the lack of support, it's definitely still enjoyable on triple screens, it's just nowhere near as good as the others.
Thanks for telling.
Thing is: I will stick to Project Cars for sure (as it is now without the support if needed).
I had the chance to try both other games several times (iRacing even on a motion sim), but I did not really like them. iRacing is much to expensive too.

Make sure you spec out that pc very well. Takes a lot of juice to run triple monitors in AC or PCars at 1080p.

As much it is a legitimate request, as long as these things happen:
It can not be bigger then my last one , I have the best :P
Wanna bet a couple beers?

Landmine first

And then car fly away in the sky

Also got this Achievement:

xeT3yK7.jpg

i think it shows 504kms while in the air

AND NOW PAY :D

I think triple screens can wait, unless you like flight simulators :D

As much it is a legitimate request, as long as these things happen:

I think triple screens can wait, unless you like flight simulators :D
One thing for PCars, while other games make do with little bugs in camber and tuning, they at least do something really dramatic with some of their bugs:sly:

Yeah I have given on on pcars for now. They told us for years they would implement triple screen support when all along they clearly never planned for it so I feel a bit lied to. Along with this and things like an awful car setup save file system (or lack of) and a host of bugs that don't even get acknowledged, I am moving on with my time and money back to iRacing.

Yeah I have given on on pcars for now. They told us for years they would implement triple screen support when all along they clearly never planned for it so I feel a bit lied to. Along with this and things like an awful car setup save file system (or lack of) and a host of bugs that don't even get acknowledged, I am moving on with my time and money back to iRacing.
Well, the actual triple screen support in PCars is not worse than iRacing's.

And now some off topic: /////
Just watching BSRTC on Motors TV (road America). iRacing seems to be the self declared super and only real SIM.
Ridiculous... guys going over the grass and through the gravel "traps" without even losing a position. One hits the tire wall and while trying to get back on track he gets hit by another car, causing him to be catapulted over the trees !!
Four cars side by side going into a 90° corner, the two outside cars over the grass and they all manage to come out of the corner, still side by side... LOL...
Graphics are simply horrible, replays and live are stuttering more than PCars replays...
No way I would give my money on this "sim".
End off topic...////

That statement alone says you know nothing at all about what proper triple screen support is.
Well, some 6 months ago I had the chance to try iRacing. In a full motion seat and triple screens.
The side mirrors were HUGE and everything was stretched.
What am I missing then ?
I think I still have a picture somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.
Maybe I don't know crap about proper triple screen support, but I DO know when it's not right.

Here it is: does that look OK to you ??

IMG_2097.jpg

Last edited:
Well, some 6 months ago I had the chance to try iRacing. In a full motion seat and triple screens.
The side mirrors were HUGE and everything was stretched.
What am I missing then ?
I think I still have a picture somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.
Maybe I don't know crap about proper triple screen support, but I DO know when it's not right. Allright mister expert ?
If the image was stretched it was because the render screens separately tab wasn't checked in Iracings settings. Could be because they didn't know (although doubtful with a full motion setup) or they don't have it checked for performance reasons. Either way Iracing is one of the few games that actually render it correctly, if you so choose.

If the image was stretched it was because the render screens separately tab wasn't checked in Iracings settings. Could be because they didn't know (although doubtful with a full motion setup) or they don't have it checked for performance reasons. Either way Iracing is one of the few games that actually render it correctly, if you so choose.
Since it was so obviously wrong (and me being very interested in the triple screens), I even asked the guy about that.
He said it was normal...not really good publicity then...
Since then I watched several youtube video's of iRacing with the same issue. I even watched ProjectCars video's that had better view...

Back