PS2 wheel on PS3, will it work?

• Thread starter alex-
  • 15 comments
alex240993
I still have my PS2 steering wheel and the only input cable it has is for the PS2. If I buy a PS2-PS3 controller adaptor will it work?

I couldnt say for sure, but a wheel is just another controller so its got to be worth a go before you lash out on another wheel

I've seen a post by someone doing the license tests saying they used their ps2 wheel...but I can't guarantee it.

Yes, depending. I have an old Logitech PS2 wheel but it uses USB instead of the controller port. It works well I use it constantly. Check the options menu to see if your wheel is supported by the game.

Ive got 2 ps2 wheel controllers and use them on GT5 ... you need a PS2-PS3 adapter :) costs about £3 on ebay 👍

yes. i use a driving force pro which was made for GT4. it works fine with GT5.

Does it look anything like...

logdriveforce.jpg

This is the one I use :)

Does it look anything like...

logdriveforce.jpg

This is the one I use :)

That's the one I have. It needs some attention from time to time to keep it happy, but it still keeps clunking away. Only problem is I think i'm going to have to take apart the connector on the gas pedal because it's starting to be problematic more often than not these days.

I have this one, do you think it would work with GT5 and my ps3 if i buy an adapter?

I just got a ps2-ps3 adapter last week off buy.com.

the only problem is that you have to use ANY controller in analog mode, meaning that the directional buttons are useless.

i tried using an old ps1 interact "ultra-racer" controller, sadly, the buttons only work on the menus, and nothing happens in-race.

Back