PS3 General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solid Lifters
  • 14,035 comments
  • 995,279 views
Started using a Xbox 360 to PS3 controller adapter the other day, the x360 triggers feel (to me) so much nicer.
 
For a bluetooth headset, I'd rather go for a cheaper model (like a Plantronics or Jabra) or go for a full headset, as the cheaper ones works just as well on the PS3, but that's just my opinion and I since haven't tried the product I obviously can't tell anything specific about it. :)
 
I got a question: my PS3 has an problem. It shuts off (gets YLOD) while I play GT6. But also does the same thing on GT5! How can it be possible? What are the reasons of my PS3 shutting off?
 
I got a question: my PS3 has an problem. It shuts off (gets YLOD) while I play GT6. But also does the same thing on GT5! How can it be possible? What are the reasons of my PS3 shutting off?

Well your PS3 ded. I'm assuming thermal paste is gone?
 
Well your PS3 ded. I'm assuming thermal paste is gone?
Dead? No way! I took the cd from PS3 and it started up after it. It's the 2nd time that it happens! How can my PS3 stop shutting down during gameplay?
 
Its over heating. It shuts off so it doesn't kill itself.
 
It's downhill from here, mate. Only going to get worse. Buy a new one.

Its over heating. It shuts off so it doesn't kill itself.
When it shuts down from overheating, there's no yellow light.
 
It's downhill from here, mate. Only going to get worse. Buy a new one.


When it shuts down from overheating, there's no yellow light.
I use a cooler to prevent PS3 from overheating but yesterday it shut off down with 3 beeps.

And it keeps shutting down on me. I use a cooler but while I was going to practice for STCC, my PS3 shuts down with YLOD. What can I do?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And it keeps shutting down on me. I use a cooler but while I was going to practice for STCC, my PS3 shuts down with YLOD. What can I do?
You can try to fix the YLOD yourself by putting some more thermal paste over the CPU, but that fix is temporary mind you. I'd play it safe and get the Slim model, as that for me is the most reliable PS3 out there.
 
You can try to fix the YLOD yourself by putting some more thermal paste over the CPU, but that fix is temporary mind you. I'd play it safe and get the Slim model, as that for me is the most reliable PS3 out there.
My parents won't let me buy a new PS3 due an lack of money
 
My parents won't let me buy a new PS3 due an lack of money
Bit of a long shot, your PS3 wouldn't happen to be in warranty would it? If so you could ring Sony and they'll take it away for repairs. If not, then a new PS3 is the only sure-fire way of resolving this.

Does anyone remember Continuous Play? That service was a life-saver when it came to things like this.
 
Bit of a long shot, your PS3 wouldn't happen to be in warranty would it? If so you could ring Sony and they'll take it away for repairs. If not, then a new PS3 is the only sure-fire way of resolving this.

Does anyone remember Continuous Play? That service was a life-saver when it came to things like this.
A PS3 from 2009? Probably not. Warranty is 2 years, right?
 
And it keeps shutting down on me. I use a cooler but while I was going to practice for STCC, my PS3 shuts down with YLOD. What can I do?
I'm not 100% convinced you have YLOD if you can turn it on and start a game.

Take the cooler off. Sometimes they aren't effective, can even create more issues. Them check the vents for dust. No amount of added cooler will move air through blocked vents. Once all that is done set it up on a hard, flat surface with at least six inches of space on all sides. See what it does then.
 
I had YLOD for a while before my fat PS3 finally bit the dust, it's not impossible.
Don't get me wrong, I think it most likely is. I just want him to be sure it's not getting hot from something else before giving up.
 
I'm not 100% convinced you have YLOD if you can turn it on and start a game.

Take the cooler off. Sometimes they aren't effective, can even create more issues. Them check the vents for dust. No amount of added cooler will move air through blocked vents. Once all that is done set it up on a hard, flat surface with at least six inches of space on all sides. See what it does then.
Maybe my cooler might not give fresh to my PS3 properly... :sick:

I have to get my PS3 fixed until Sunday as I have 2 championships. If my PS3 don't get fixed, I can't race :(
 
Maybe my cooler might not give fresh to my PS3 properly... :sick:

I have to get my PS3 fixed until Sunday as I have 2 championships. If my PS3 don't get fixed, I can't race :(
How is your PS3 placed? Is it close to the wall, or anywhere that may block the vents?
 
How is your PS3 placed? Is it close to the wall, or anywhere that may block the vents?
Its close to the wall. I've been on the Classics Championship but a few minutes before, my PS3 shuts down with 3 beeps.... I cleaned up the dust but nothing seems to go right. What can I do now? My parents won't let me buy a new PS3 and they won't fix my PS3 too soon! I tried to convince them, but nothing. What a pity for me! :(
 
Have you shown them how the PS3 is malfunctioning? That may convince them otherwise. Or you could just move it yourself, if it's in your room.
Yes, I have shown that PS3 is shutting down itself... I'm completly tired of it. (Not of PS3 but I'm tired of YLOD!!!! :mad:)
 
Back