Ps3 NAT Type 3 vs online racing

• Thread starter sdmf
  • 34 comments
Hey lionface, one last question with regards to a setting on the DIR-655 and your instructions.

When I setup the static IP in manual internet settings, I enter the info you mentioned on the previous page...ie. 192.168.1.20 etc. What mac address do I use in the field? The mac of my router, ps3 or modem?

I have pretty much gone through everything now, even upgraded the firmware on my speedtouch modem...lOL.

So does your modem require a MAC address for setting up a 'Public Address' (DMZ)??

If you are putting it into your Speedtouch Modem along with the IP address you want:
Static IP of Dlink Router
MAC address of Dlink Router

in my connection setting if i have the unp thing enabled i get nat 3 if disabled i get nat 2
try tha

Guess it doesn't hurt for me to try. Thanks for the help. I also even
have a ticket opened up with dlink. Last night I
went through 2 of their techs, and tonight some superman is supposed to call me about it

Ok guys, I haven't left my HT room since Feb 11th, 2010 because as seen in this thread I was bound and determined to figure out this Natting issue. Anyways, I have finally fixed this and now get a NAT 2 connection. Just thought I'd post "my" solution...(jesus)

Problem = Tompson SpeedTouch ST516 V6 modem supplied by my isp. I was digging around my basement and came across an older "speedstream 4200" modem which I used with my last ISP.

Anyways, I connected this modem up through my DLink DIR-655 and was able to get a connection from my PC out to the internet. I thought this was suprising etc. Then turned on my PS3, configured with a static IP and put into DMZ (again like months ago), ran the test and BOOM .....NAT TYPE 2.

I must say, what a nice feeling to finally have this resolved. Now, if I still have any issues connecting to online play, well, I'll just take my 5LB sledge to everything in my hometheater, starting with the PS3 :)

Just wanted to post my results in case anyone else ever runs into this issue.

Its what I figured, similar to my setup.

-You have to give your PS3 a static IP address.
-Put the PS3 IP address into the DMZ of the Router.
-Give your Router a static IP address.
-Put your Router IP address into the DMZ of the modem

Your current problem is that you are only putting the PS3 into the DMZ of the router, the router then goes through your modem, which is blocking the traffic and giving you a NAT3 connection. This is what I've done for my connection when I bought a new Modem and Wifi Router.

Internet-------Modem-----------------Wifi Router----------------PS3
--------------(DMZ=IP2)--------(Static IP2) (DMZ=IP1)--------(Static IP1) You cant use a static ip on a wifi AP when your isp gives you a dynamic ip. If your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has provided you with a static IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and a DNS server address then you can but 90% dont. Most of the time you have to pay for a static IP.

Latest Posts

Back