• Thread starter gtone339
  • 1,504 comments
New Zealand
Auckland New Zealand
gtone339
Announced by Naughtydog & Sony:

link: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/834h472kmfs8/

the_last_of_us_video_game-wide.jpg

There's been a ton of speculation in the video gaming community over the past week about a couple of videos that were released and also housed on the LastofUs.com website. We're very excited to confirm that The Last of Us is developed by Naughty Dog Inc, the creators behind the UNCHARTED, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot series.

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director, gave us all a very, very brief snippet on what to expect in The Last of Us:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Check out the following announcement trailer - that was revealed at this year's Spike Video Game Awards.

All of us at Naughty Dog are very much looking forward to sharing much more with you in the coming months.

Looks like a post-apocalyptic, the road/I am Legend inspired like game. A first from NaughtyDog. :)

Main Protagonists:

Ellie: a 14 year old girl
Joel: 40 year old ruthless man

Release date: Out now!​

Last edited:
I've searched and I still have no idea what IP means :confused:
Oh, the game? Gonna pre-order it as soon as I can.

Seems like a pretty interesting concept, is nice to see that Sony actually supports(or at least approves) this sort of concepts, I'm getting sick of AAA companies and MS studios that only approves and produce viable projects with the same trends(shooters and shooters and even more shooters).

Looks interesting and mostly looks like it was built with the engine used to produce Uncharted Games, maybe some reuse of assets like textures and models will be done to cheapen production process, but I'm actually more interested about the game type and probable trends that it might follow. I also wonder how they will tackle the surviving theme without resembling the tons of games under the "survival horror" theme, this might not be the case and it looks pretty interesting.

If this is anything like the Uncharted series, it'll be epic! That guy in the poster bears a resemblance to Nathan Drake:P

Looks good, a game version of Omega man/I am legend.

Looks like a playable version of I Am Legend. And that's a good thing, isn't it?

This is exactly what I thought. Looks great, and it'll probably have the great Naughty Dog storytelling and voice acting/mocap.

Gameplay is likely to be lifted straight from Uncharted, but that's no bad thing. In fact, I applaud Naughty Dog for moving on and doing something else instead of flogging the Uncharted horse to death.

One thing Naughty Dog and Sony need to avoid is Simillarities with Resistance 3 (Yes Aliens and Zombies are different)but both fall in the Post Apoklayptic Survival Game Story .
Could be completely Wrong Though.

One thing Naughty Dog and Sony need to avoid is Simillarities with Resistance 3 (Yes Aliens and Zombies are different)but both fall in the Post Apoklayptic Survival Game Story .

Meh, this is a fairly well trawled genre in both gaming, movies, and novels. I doubt they can make any story at this point that does pull at least some elements from past works.

This looks awesome especially since it is being made by naughty dog

I disagree if the game was made by someone else people would not hype it so much. I am sure game will be great. ND are really good by overrated.

This guy hyped it way too much. PS3 exclusive you won't believe? ND making game on PS3 so what is new :confused:

I've gotta say, I'm sick of post apolcalyptic stuff. Yeah the trailer looks awesome, I'm sure the game will be, I just don't see how they're going to give us anything we haven't seen a hundred times before.

They give us Uncharted hundred times before and every time next one was released, shocked

I've gotta say, I'm sick of post apolcalyptic stuff. Yeah the trailer looks awesome, I'm sure the game will be, I just don't see how they're going to give us anything we haven't seen a hundred times before.

I guess at the end of the day, it's hard for anyone to do something not done a billion times before be it a movie, novel or video game. What it will come down to is story and gameplay, even that doesn't have to be different, it just has to be good.

Also a little disappointed the ND are not following their trade make pattern. I was looking forward to an Uncharted cart racer :P
zhnyv.jpg

I disagree if the game was made by someone else people would not hype it so much. I am sure game will be great. ND are really good by overrated.

This guy hyped it way too much. PS3 exclusive you won't believe? ND making game on PS3 so what is new :confused:

I have to agree, It seems like he gets a check everytime he bobs his head with excitement But hey, Sony doesn't hype their own games so someone has too :).

Looks good.

Slightly disappointed they felt the need to put zombies in it though...

I think something along the lines of some tension building, in the shadows, axe wielding psychopaths would have been more interesting.

Looks good.

Slightly disappointed they felt the need to put zombies in it though...

I think something along the lines of some tension building, in the shadows, axe wielding psychopaths would have been more interesting.

They aren't zombies, zombies are undead. These are people infected by some sort of fungus.

Survival/Thriller isn't exactly my thing but anything by Naughty Dog has my interest. The setting looks interesting and graphics were amazing. When they walk out and you see this city overgrown I immediately said 'I want to see that in 3D'. I will be watching the development of this one closely.

Well since there's no "zombies" in the game, I'd say they're on track.

This looks like a good game. I've just finished Uncharted 3 and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm sure this is going to be a great game. There haven't really been any interesting survival/zombie games so far, so this will most likely be the first properly good one. 👍

I know there's a lot of people repeating the world "Zombies", but has anyone actually SEEN a zombie in the trailer? I know I haven't, at least not the George A. Romero version of one. Is this going to be like Uncharted when everyone was complaining about "zombies", and never once was the word uttered in the game?

I know there's a lot of people repeating the world "Zombies", but has anyone actually SEEN a zombie in the trailer? I know I haven't, at least not the George A. Romero version of one. Is this going to be like Uncharted when everyone was complaining about "zombies", and never once was the word uttered in the game?

Zombie is more of a generic term now, hence my usage of the term in my above post. It's all about interpretation really, I would consider the ones in the trailer to be zombies, since they're aggressive, mindless, basically dead, former humans. I know they're technically infected humans, but 'zombie' is easier to use in discussion.

I hope they make an Uncharted 4. By the way, does anyone else think that the guy looks like the Most Interesting Man In The World?

Zombie is more of a generic term now, hence my usage of the term in my above post. It's all about interpretation really, I would consider the ones in the trailer to be zombies, since they're aggressive, mindless, basically dead, former humans. I know they're technically infected humans, but 'zombie' is easier to use in discussion.

See, it's a "generic" term, but it's not the RIGHT term. The word "zombie" is being repeated, and it's not accurate. This is another case where the "gamer community" insists on getting it wrong because they feel it's easier, and eventually the wrong information will BECOME "fact", and the truth will be lost. Just like in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune when the word "zombie" was never uttered once, yet everyone insisted on calling those creatures "zombies". Drake even referred to them as "the Spaniards".

Just because you repeat something over and over again, doesn't make it right. If it's just as easy to get it right, then why perpetuate the incorrect information?

Back