[PS3]The Last of Us

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 1,504 comments
Luminis
Looks like a playable version of I Am Legend. And that's a good thing, isn't it?

I have to agree.

I'm usually not really into these kinds of games but if it's got Naughty Dog's name on it it's likely worth a shot.

A good idea for an apocalyptic style game would be where your living out the final months before the virus wipes humanity out. The struggle for containment, all these things. That would be an interesting twist.

Looks good.

Am I the only one thinking this looks too much Uncharted??

In UC3 there is a newspaper with the fungus being discovered.
The guy looks like Nathan but more hungry and older.
The girl looks like the girl Nathan and his wife (the blond one) would have.
And in all UC (didn't finish 3 yet) you release some evil force.
Maybe Nathan discovered the fungus and doomed humanity?

???

I think/ know I am going way over board but am I the only one who thought about it?

I hope they make an Uncharted 4. By the way, does anyone else think that the guy looks like the Most Interesting Man In The World?

"I don't always survive in a post apocalyptic world,

But when I do, I make sure to find me a teenage girl".​

This looks like the sort of game for me!!
Looking forward to it even more since it's naughty dog, always enjoy their games and they always have very good graphics too, which is essential for an action/survival game.

Looks pretty good, but how far after this 'plague' is it? Is it basically going to be a long time after mankind has been obliterated or will it gradually take over during the course of the game?

Looks good.

Am I the only one thinking this looks too much Uncharted??

In UC3 there is a newspaper with the fungus being discovered.
The guy looks like Nathan but more hungry and older.
The girl looks like the girl Nathan and his wife (the blond one) would have.
And in all UC (didn't finish 3 yet) you release some evil force.
Maybe Nathan discovered the fungus and doomed humanity?

???

I think/ know I am going way over board but am I the only one who thought about it?
I don't think it looks like Uncharted but same developers so there will be similar techniques for doing things.
He looks much grittier than Nathan to me.
The first thing I thought of when I saw the girl was Juno, not Elena. And I love the Elena character.
They put an easter egg in UC3 but I assume thats the only connection to the two.

And I don't know if you did as I haven't finished UC3 yet but please don't don't post UC3 spoilers in this thread.👍

I don't think it looks like Uncharted but same developers so there will be similar techniques for doing things.
He looks much grittier than Nathan to me.
The first thing I thought of when I saw the girl was Juno, not Elena. And I love the Elena character.
They put an easter egg in UC3 but I assume thats the only connection to the two.

It may not be 100% the guys that worked on UC3. Sony just anouced that they divided the team up, they also said they've been working on it for 2 years now, meaning it may mostly be the Uncharted 2 team that started the game while others worked full time on UC3. If the team is big enough to divide there is a good chance many members did not even work on UC3 at all. I'm just assuming. It also feels like UC3 was finished a long time before it released.

The old guys looks kinda like an old Nathan Drake and the girl reminds me of his girlfriend from the second game. The reporter chick. But, it still looks awesome.

I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of hand to hand combat in this as there seems to be a great struggle for ammo (from what we saw in the trailer).

"Youtube removed Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" trailer from the official page because Viacom claimed copyright on it since it aired exclusively on SpikeTV's VGAs"

http://imgur.com/AtTw1

And this is why we should all worry about SOPA at this point.

----

EDIT: Some new promo screenshots have surfaced here.

----

EDIT 2: Naughty Dog has some... rather kind words to say to all other game developers regarding storytelling.

Last edited:
The controls will probably be similar but I don't think it will be like Uncharted. They've already stated that big firefights won't really be a part of the game since ammo is quite limited. Uncharted action sequences are all about mowing down tons of enemies with a variety of different guns and explosives and I think stealth might be more prevalent in this game.

Can't wait to see ND live up to their words, Uncharted series is a blast so I have a decent amount of hope for TLOU, is it going to be another trilogy? I hope they squeeze everything into this generation before the next one starts.

Also a little disappointed the ND are not following their trade make pattern. I was looking forward to an Uncharted cart racer :P
zhnyv.jpg

I'd much rather a new Jak & Daxter. But it won't happen since Naughty Dog sold it to another company which was just a failure.

Deciding whether or not to get this. It looks pretty good but I have SOOO many games right now that I've hardly played. Maybe I'll trade MW3 in for this.

Screw it, I'm selling Fallout 3, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, Bad Company 2 and NFS Shift and getting this. 👍

Last edited:
I wanted to buy new Tomb Raider but i guess i see if maybe i should first check LoU and then play with lara .... in my bed room :sly:

Latest Posts

Back