[PS3]The Last of Us

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 1,504 comments
Man this game is scary :lol: , i love how there is no right way to do things, you are free to advance as you wish, plus the whole no regen health is a new challenge, so far so very good.

No health regen? Maybe I see why some reviewers complained about its difficulty, no more hiding around the corner waiting for regen.

No health regen? Maybe I see why some reviewers complained about its difficulty, no more hiding around the corner waiting for regen.

Reviewers really shouldn't be including something like that if it's a matter of them not being good at it.

I really love that Last of Us went back to health bars. It takes away the fast-paced arcade-y feel of shooters and brings it back closer to what it gunfire can present: bullet wound injuries that require medical attention.

Reviewers really shouldn't be including something like that if it's a matter of them not being good at it.

I really love that Last of Us went back to health bars. It takes away the fast-paced arcade-y feel of shooters and brings it back closer to what it gunfire can present: bullet wound injuries that require medical attention.
This along the fact that you can't simply charge enemies guns a blazing expecting not to die a horrible death (like in Uncharted) is what makes this game so awesome. Really feels like a survival game.

Glad you guys are enjoying the game as much as I did back when it launched on PS3, it's a challenging game no doubt but that's all part of what makes you so invested in the characters.

Glad you guys are enjoying the game as much as I did back when it launched on PS3, it's a challenging game no doubt but that's all part of what makes you so invested in the characters.

Exactly, there's a certain allure for Joel and Ellie that is very engaging.

BuOWGJlCIAIkLhz.jpg
BuOWGJlCIAIkLhz.jpg
BuOM9DeIEAIxXRb.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuOM9DeIEAIxXRb.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuOWGJlCIAIkLhz.jpg

pictures (don't show here since they are on twitter

Man, I'm regretting starting my first play thru on grounded mode. But refuse to turn it down.
It's refreshing to have a game that is frustrating because of its difficulty. And I only in the mass state house.
This is going to take me awhile ;).

I'm playing on Normal and thought about tuning it down to easy :lol: mostly because I get scared and run away from the room, to all you out there who want a zombie outbreak to happen, go play this game.

It has the best story line of any game I've ever played along with some of the most intense gaming moments I've ever had. From the beginning till the end there's always shocking moments and what's really creative was how they developed Ellie and Joel's relationship. 'Nuff said about it, no spoilers from me :)

Caz
Man, I'm regretting starting my first play thru on grounded mode. But refuse to turn it down.
It's refreshing to have a game that is frustrating because of its difficulty. And I only in the mass state house.
This is going to take me awhile ;).
It's definitely a challenge. I decided to do my first PS4 play through on grounded also and the hardest adjustment for me has been knowing when health is low. I know there are body cues but I haven't yet figured out how to tell when I should use a med kit. I wish the light bar gave cues for health. It's also been fun returning to the MP. After not playing it for 6 months or so.

Ya, I'm having issues with the health thing to.
It's funny. I.took a bullet and checked the light bar to see if it went from.green to yellow or red.

So then, now it's out, a question for those posting screen-shots here. Is there an option to save to USB and not just Twitter/FB?

Yeah, we can do it that way in Infamous:Second Son but the vid posted a while ago didn't show that option. Cheers for the answer.

Yeah it works exactly like second son, the upload to Twitter/FB is after the shot is saved on the console. No problem :cheers:

Am I the only one who's been left wondering why this game has won so many awards? It's a good game yes, but it's not outstanding in my eyes and I can't see why it's being hailed as the game of a generation.

It's kind of repetitive, the controls are clunky, and I'm finding the whole game play quite linear.

It's very, very over-rated(imo) because it has a story good by (only) video game standards and that sparked a stupid level of hype. I barely finished the game, it was just a bit too boring and uninspired to me. :confused:

Am I the only one who's been left wondering why this game has won so many awards? It's a good game yes, but it's not outstanding in my eyes and I can't see why it's being hailed as the game of a generation.

It's kind of repetitive, the controls are clunky, and I'm finding the whole game play quite linear.
Disagree, I find the controls rather slick and if you are finding little niggles like that, you aren't paying attention to the depth of the story. And at the end of the day, its a guy in his mid/late 40's(?) traipsing across the country with a 14 year old girl. Its not gonna be the smoothest of things in the world. I think the settings/areas it presents you with and a change of issue to mix it up makes it a very interesting game. Take Bills town per say. Yeah sure you can blitz through that section at the start, but if you take your time, there is so much interesting depth in that area.

And just to put it out there, I think the end of summer scene, to be one of the most interesting and heart pulling scenes I have seen. It gets me thinking every time!

Disagree, I find the controls rather slick and if you are finding little niggles like that, you aren't paying attention to the depth of the story. And at the end of the day, its a guy in his mid/late 40's(?) traipsing across the country with a 14 year old girl. Its not gonna be the smoothest of things in the world. I think the settings/areas it presents you with and a change of issue to mix it up makes it a very interesting game. Take Bills town per say. Yeah sure you can blitz through that section at the start, but if you take your time, there is so much interesting depth in that area.

And just to put it out there, I think the end of summer scene, to be one of the most interesting and heart pulling scenes I have seen. It gets me thinking every time!

Mind you it's rare for me to play a game and like the controls, but I find in combat it's quite slow and dim witted. Also the guy must have an arthritic trigger finger or something because his rate of fire is appalling.

But like @Classic said it's just a bit boring, you move across the map and you come across a room of clickers. You can either kill them all or sneak past. You get out of the room and into a corridor with loads of clickers, where you can either kill them all or sneak past. You get out the building into a courtyard full of clickers, you can either kill them all or sneak past. It's repetitive, predictable and ultimately for me boring.

I much prefer the Uncharted series to this.

Back